Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Door latches (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/52772-door-latches.html)

BJ's Snake 04-17-2004 02:13 AM

Door latches

Hey Guys
Any ideas on what may be the best sort of door latch system to use.Meaning ease of install and bulletproof once in.I have been told xf Falcon ones are ok but am still interested in any feedback anyone may have due to their own experiences.

Cheers BJ

WILDAC 04-17-2004 03:17 AM

Hi Bj,

Just got done fitting Mazda 323/Ford Laser locks to mine, the reason we go with these is there about the smallest around and very cheap and easy to find, mine are from a 91 model.
I'm also thinking about fitting the rear hatch lock to the boot as its cable controlled!:):)

Theres pics in my gallery of the assembly:D

Hope you find what your looking for!

Cheers Robo!

boxhead 04-17-2004 05:44 AM

My kit uses the XF falcon lock assys

BJ's Snake 04-19-2004 02:42 AM

Hey guys
92 views, 2 replies,whats goin' on.Appeciate the replies,got any photos Boxhead of install and intrusion bar set up.
Thanks BJ

Stuart 04-19-2004 04:06 AM

My kit used a door lock and striker from a Morris Marina, probably the only thing you would want to use from this car.

The only reason I went with this option was the hole was already cut in the door to accept this type of door lock, but they were very hard to find new.

The opening mechanism was from an early corolla, very easy install I think I had the whole set up fitted in a couple of hours with no effort. Other kits I have seen have gone with the falcon door locks.

Stuart

REPTYL 04-19-2004 02:16 PM

XF strikers on mine with EF Fairmont handles.

Quote:

My kit used a door lock and striker from a Morris Marina, probably the only thing you would want to use from this car.
(Stu) I've used a Marina wiper box.%/

Rebel1 04-19-2004 02:28 PM

Marina latches here, with handles from Don Pilling (Snake Bite)

The handles are a simple chrome lever, going thru a polished alloy threaded bush/bezel with a lever behind.

Marina wiper box also.

REPTYL 04-19-2004 03:42 PM

Les,

Only a little Marina wiper box.:confused:

I can understand a Vic Cobra using one 'cause 3mm is torrential for us.

I thought you would need a 6 speed 4 arm 50 kw monster to get through one of your sun showers:D

Bryan Wilson 04-19-2004 04:41 PM

Door latches

1 Attachment(s)
My latches are ex MG original OEM :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:
Cheers,
Bryan

Rebel1 04-19-2004 05:10 PM

Hehehehe Jas, :)

Actually, I was gonna use a infinitely speed adjustable one but decided against it.......The first wife would have objected to cranking the handle. :p

Now dont you start on me.... I've been tryin very hard to be nice to you fellas. ;)

Adrian S 04-19-2004 09:25 PM

I had Morris Marina locks with the lever but the lever was digging in the back of my arm. So I changed them to XF door latches with Austin Maxi (now there's a car !) door handles.

PCC 04-19-2004 10:28 PM

BJ,

Mine are out of a Jag (electronic - no handles).

Driver's sid flip up operates the boot.

Would post a pic, but the car's away at the Paint Shop receiving some make up work:D

Lynmac 04-20-2004 02:30 AM

Hello All,

I don't mean to "hijack" this thread. But I did see the name Don Pilling (Snakebite) mentioned.

Appreciate if someone can give me his telephone number. I am in need of some "shiny bits" for our car.

Over riders, bumpers etc.

Kind Regards
Lyn

cameron02 04-20-2004 03:38 AM

Hi Lyn,

Don & Vicki Pilling, Snake Bite 07 5529 0877

My DRB uses Ford XD rear locks
LHS is part no XDF 21812B
RHS is part no XDF 21813B

LHS & RHS Striker is part no XDF 2008A

The interior door handle is from a Ford Laser

I got all the bits from the wreckers and found the locks pretty easy to fit.

BJ's Snake 04-20-2004 03:59 AM

Now I got something to think about,Thanks heaps for your input one and all
Cheers BJ

DaveR 04-20-2004 08:41 AM

I'm still hoping someone will post pics of an XF assembly. In the meantime, does anyone know where JBL gets their latch assembly?

MSpears 10-29-2017 01:21 AM

Fitting xf falcon door locks

DaveR

I am currently building a classic glass cobra and have the xf falcon door lock and latches. I am looking for any advise on the fitment to the door intrusion bar etc.

Did you ever get any photos or do you have any of your construction

Mal

Donunder 10-29-2017 10:49 PM

Is this a record for the time lapsed between posts? Thirteen and a half years?

stephen low 10-30-2017 03:46 AM

XF door locks

Here's a couple of XE falcon lock shots in a G-Force door.

Think these are the same as the XF.

https://images2.imgbox.com/39/20/s5oK49LK_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/25/ce/4VmfQpvB_o.jpg

Cheers

Rob. Smith 11-03-2017 03:59 AM

I've got XD falcon latches modified to look and work like MG latches.. Sorry I can't find pics .. I'll keep looking and post later.