Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Dash lights (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/53102-dash-lights.html)

Adrian S 04-26-2004 04:44 AM

Dash lights

Hi guys,

I recently embarked on a mission to find some tell-tale dash lights which carried the ISO symbols suitable for Engineer approval. Basically, there were none that I could find. Options available were to use a light cluster from another vehicle or use an aftermarket integrated cluster module. Neither of these gave the dash a particularly original look. I saw that Robnell were screen-printing the symbols on their lights but this had a durability issue as it could be scratched off. Besides, I’ve not been able to contact Robnell in recent times. Therefore I was forced to create my own. After doing the artwork in Autocad, I got a local engraver to experiment using a Laser engraver on the face of a Britax light. The results were terrific and I already have 4 people wanting a set. So that I could get a discounted bulk price I did a run of 10 sets. If you’re interested in securing a set for yourself then let me know.

The lights I’ve done the artwork for are as per the picture below:-
Dash lights

The pricing is as follows:-
Engraving Only AUD$5 each light
Light + Engraving AUD$12 each light

The price is minimal when you consider that Repco charge $8.50 per light (and that’s not engraved !).

The engraving includes the white enamel infill.

If you want them mailed then I’ll need to charge you whatever Australia Post charge. If folks outside of Australia are interested then this can be arranged too.

Note this doesn’t include the 12V globes which are easily found at any auto supplier.

If you're interested, then send me a PM of which lights you need and I’ll arrange it.

Let me know if there is a particular symbol you are after if you don’t see it here.

The dimensions of the lights are below…
Dimensions

Some other pictures of the lights…
Side view
Exploded view

Get in fast !

Adrian.

Aussie Mike 04-26-2004 05:41 AM

Hi Adrian,

Excellent stuff! as mentioned on Saturdays run, put me down for a complete set as in your picture.

Cheers

Lynmac 04-26-2004 06:00 AM

Hi Adrian,

I would like some of your dash lights too please.
I need to go down to the shed tommorrow after work to see what ones I will need though.

I had made up a little sticker for our brake fail light (at the engineers request) but your engraved light covers look heaps better.

I will get back real soon to you as to the ones I require

Regards
Lyn

Adrian S 04-26-2004 03:48 PM

Mike, do you need the amber oil light (I thought not) ?
Lyn, no probs, you names on the list now but please let me know what you need as I want to get to the engraver this week.

Cheers,
Adrian.

NASSTY 04-26-2004 04:16 PM

G'day Adrian,

Put me down for a complete set - great work!
Are you going to the next vic meeting? Could settle it there?
:D

ps I think I'll have to link the seatbelt warning light to my boost gauge so it'll flash when ever there is positive pressure in the manifold :LOL:

Rebel1 04-26-2004 04:31 PM

Hey..Great work Adrian.

Can I please have the following:

1 each Left and right indicator
1 X High beam
1 X Brake fail
1 X Park brake
1 X Ignition

Tell me where to send the money and how much and I'll get it to down to you.

Great Job. :)

Stuart 04-26-2004 10:16 PM

Adrian,

Great idea, please put me down for a set

1 each Left and right indicator
1 X High beam
1 X Brake fail
1 X Park brake
1 X Ignition
1 x Seat belt warning

Thanks
Stuart

Lynmac 04-27-2004 01:05 AM

Hi Adrian

Went down to the shed and had a look.
Can I have the following:

1 each Left and Right indicator
1 X High beam
1 X Brake fail
1 X Park brake
1 X Ignition

Let me know how I can pay for these etc etc.

Thanks
Lyn

BMK 04-27-2004 01:57 AM

Hi Adrian

%/

Great idea - can I have

:LOL:

10% of your top line sales.

:eek:

Bernie

BJ's Snake 04-27-2004 03:19 AM

Hi Adrian,
Put me down for a full set of dash lights as per picture please if I am not to late.Let us know where to send money.
Cheers
BJ

Adrian S 04-27-2004 03:20 AM

Sure thing Bernie but remember that 10% of nothing is still nothing. Perhaps we could trade - I'll have 10% of yours for 10% of mine ? How about it ? :3DSMILE:

Cheers,
Adrian.

Adrian S 04-27-2004 04:08 AM

I told you all to get in quick. All 10 sets are gone but don't panic...if there is enough demand I can just do another run.

Current orders are:-
Light + Engraving

Rob H x 2
Aussie Mike x 1
Lynmac x 1
Nassty x 1
Rebel1 x 1
Shelby400 x 1
Stuart x 1
BJ's Snake x 1
Grant Nolan x 1

Engraving only
Theo M x 1
Adrian S x 1

Cheers,
Adrian.

Chris Brown 04-27-2004 04:31 AM

Hi Adrian,
I didn't see them on Sat but looking at the pictures I am interested in a set of Left, Right, High, Park brake, Brake fail, Ignition, and Seat belt if I am not to late to put my order in,
please let me know because I was going to use the set like Terry got from VDO.
Thanks Chris B

BMK 04-27-2004 04:32 AM

Reluctantly must withdraw my offer

Adrian

:eek:

Now, now, now, there's only 780.541% profit in it for me, so I could never agree to your proposition. I reluctantly must withdraw my offer.

:LOL:

My Solicitor will draw up the necessary paperwork (books/volumes) for signature

%/

Seriously, like the look of the warning lights though.

Cheers

Bernie

boxhead 04-28-2004 05:26 AM

Hey there Adrian I have just seen your lights and I would like a full set as pictured supplied and engraved.
If I have missed the boat let me know otherwise tell me when and where to send the cash

Adrian S 04-28-2004 05:41 PM

Hi Boxhead,

You've missed the first boat.:( Just waiting for more passengers for the second. You're number 2 on the list. Let's wait a week or so and see if there are more takers. I'll also ask around at the club meeting next week.

Cheers,
Adrian.

cameron02 04-28-2004 11:21 PM

Put me on boat number 2

I'll take a set less the seat belt light.

Thanks

Cameron

Chris L 04-29-2004 05:00 AM

Hi Adrian;
Put me in for a complete set as well, can fix you up at the meeting on Thurs if it suits.
Cheers
Chris

demicobra 04-29-2004 07:02 AM

Hi Adrian,
Can you put me down for a complete set also - Lights + Engraving +Postage. :)

Regards

Nick

boxhead 04-29-2004 01:57 PM

That is fine with me Adrian as I wont need to fit them for months yet anyway, but it looks like the second boat sure is filling up