Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   saturday dyno day (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/55004-saturday-dyno-day.html)

jasonnichols 06-24-2004 07:22 PM

saturday dyno day

Hope you're all already,,,,,, personally the car sounds meaner ( new glimer drive, new headers) dont know if it will go any faster/ harder looking forward to seeing everybody there**) **) :3DSMILE: %/

justbetter 06-24-2004 07:53 PM

Hand Up

Will be there will bells on, actually if it gets any colder i think they might drop off %/

mmm blowers like colder weather, so mike tells me. :rolleyes:

Sloth 06-25-2004 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not these ones!!!

Please welcome my new boy, Donald. He is nothing like a brass monkey i tell you.

Cheers.

justbetter 06-25-2004 04:42 AM

Beat Me

Whooooooo eeeeeeeee

Now that what i call a blower, and its at 15psi by the looks.

Congradts bigger boy, ( well we would hope so ) now you got some one to help push those Ford boys when they break down.

Regards Garrett & Tina**)

Rebel1 06-25-2004 04:43 AM

Sloth...congrats mate....now the cobra takes second place.

Whats the bet that lil fellas mum says he is built just like his dad. :D :D

Sloth 06-25-2004 05:00 AM

Rebel1

We would hope so.

justbetter

I will help push FORD boys. Chev powered (DARK SIDE) Cobra's rule.

cheers.

Bryan Wilson 06-26-2004 01:46 AM

Dyno day

Well who won???
Bryan

Sloth 06-26-2004 06:08 PM

I have just started with the toy sale. The Harley went this morning, and she is pushing for the Snake to go too....

She's Dreamin'!!!

NASSTY 06-27-2004 03:37 AM

Bryan,

I heard, from a little storm trooper, that the dark side prevailed on Sat arvo. ;)

Garret (known by the dark side boys as Darthy:p) ,in his death star, blew the other non dark side boys away.
:MECOOL:
If this trooper was correct, you could draw comparrisons b/w AUS victory over ENG last night and Garret's. :LOL: :LOL:

I'm surprised no one from the Dyno Day has posted yet (I wasn't there) or perhaps they're still catching their breath or too busy picking up their jaws from the ground. :JEKYLHYDE :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps King Jason will post the results

Cheers

Aussie Mike 06-27-2004 04:11 AM

What are you saying Al??!!?? An LS1 powered Cobra blitzed the opposition by a considerable margin?? Can this be true?? Surely not!!
:LOL: :LOL:

Unfortunately I couldn't make it but hopefully some of the Ford boys who were there will post up some results and a report on the event (although they do seem to have been a little quiet) :p

Cheers

750hp 06-27-2004 04:31 AM

OK Mike - fair's fair. Will you accept a late entry from Brisbane?

I've gotta keep that Ford flag flying somehow....

Seriously though - congrats go to Garrett. The stunning build quality of a Superformance with the horsepower to match the looks. Quite a combination !

NASSTY 06-27-2004 04:45 AM

Craig,

Even 750 horses may not be enough to beat Garret.

:JEKYLHYDE

Yep you heard right!

Long way to travel to come second :eek:

Speaking of travel, I'm heading up your way shortly. Hope you don't mind my wife, Pauline & I dropping in for breakfast on the 4th.
:)

Cheers

justbetter 06-27-2004 04:50 AM

G'day

Hi all, im pleased with my little chevy effort but i dont have the results or the comparisons, like me, i think the others ears are still ringing, the video shot by King Jason shows most enjoying the dyno until i was told to open her up, then you can see alot of fingers mounting to the chevy ear position, including mine,,, but i want to wonder why when our back wheels are bolted to the ground and we all pushed the peddle to the floor we ALL grabbed the wheel harder.

Happy with my intrum 550Hp at the wheels, why is it going back into the shop next week, to ensure the reliability is there.

Oh yeah need a 5 point harness.

Nationals coming up, and although i can hang on my body has not the same thought.

Craig i understand now its not about HP but how big the balls are to drive it.
Might sponsor Sloths Son

Next Nationals, Superformance Cobths driven by Sloths new Son.

Sloth what his $.

P.S Jason has the HP & Touque Figs, Happy with the Dark Side..

Big Happy**) **) **) :3DSMILE:

Aussie Mike 06-27-2004 04:57 AM

550HP at the rear wheels and with 25% drive train losses for a manual car that's pushing nearly 700HP at the crank. I think this was done with only about 7PSI of boost too. There's nothing very special about the motor it's got factory heads and valve gear with just a new cam, springs, Stainless valves and some porting. The bottom end is stock as it came from GM without a spanner laid on it.

It makes such easy power that I'm seriously thinking about a blower now.

Cheers

750hp 06-27-2004 05:13 AM

Great numbers!!! Was it a Dyno Dynamics dyno? You didn't happen to notice what "mode" they ran the dyno in, did you? Whatever it makes at the crank is largely immaterial, I suppose. The end result is that 550 @ the wheels in something with the wheelbase of a Hyundai Excel is bound to be LOTS of fun !!!

Oh, and also something to be treated with more than a little respect, but I bet you've worked that out already ! ;)

Mike - look forward to seeing you at Sanctuary. It'll give me a good chance to keep onto you about fitting a blower. You know you have to do it - Garrett's raised the bar. Time for you to step up :3DSMILE:

Cobra.au 06-27-2004 05:47 AM

Hi Garret,
Are you running an intercooler and the stock fuel injectors if not what size injectors have you gone upto to get that result on the dyno?

PS: hope you will put up the dyno sheet as I would like to see the point were the blower realy starts to make some serious power.

Thanks
Craigw **)

Bryan Wilson 06-27-2004 03:11 PM

Wish I was there

I wish I could have gone:CRY:
The last time my car was on a dyno it was at Trevor Simkins and he said your engine is stuffed and if you want some real horsepower you need an engine rebuild:CRY:
Well the engine has been rebuilt and I wish I knew how much more power it now makes:confused:
Hope to see all the Vic's at the next meeting.
Cheers,
Bryan

Sloth 06-27-2004 03:37 PM

Justbetter: The boy is not for sale. I am already modifying my old gokart to accept a smaller version of me.

Aussie Mike 06-27-2004 07:04 PM

Hmmm... I just found this puppy on ebay: Paxton Novi 3000

Cheers

Aussie Mike 06-27-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sloth

Justbetter: The boy is not for sale. I am already modifying my old gokart to accept a smaller version of me.
I wish I could find a smaller version of me. I've got a wardrobe full of clothes that'll fit him.:JEKYLHYDE

Cheers