Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   New Photos in Gallery (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/56223-new-photos-gallery.html)

BMK 08-01-2004 05:33 AM

New Photos in Gallery

G'day Guys...

Its Todd here, Bernie's son.

I just posted some shots of Dads cobra fresh from the paint shop this afternoon!! The color is exactly as I was hoping, dad and I are both over the moon!!

They are in his gallery... (the mini is in the background:D)

Look forward to seeing many of you at the Nationals in October!!

Todd Knight

for bernie Knight

Cameron Parsons 08-01-2004 01:24 PM

Very nice Bernie, thanks for the pics Todd. Although a more pedestrian paint scheme, I just got some photo's of mine.. just out of the paint shop... As you can see, it has a lot of company!

See you in October...

Cameron

Painted One

Painted Two

P.S. Check out the Daytona in the background... Hmm, I wonder if it will fit into my container?? And more importantly, would they notice it was missing **)

BMK 08-01-2004 03:31 PM

Now to get it back together

Cameron

Yes I'm very happy with the results. The colour is the PPG Guardsman Blue and you may have noticed I used the light yellow over the guard.

%/

We spent hours masking up the body for the colour. Doug and Dave had previously sprayed the white down the centre and the yellow the day prior. Todd and I did about 5% of the work with Doug and Dave doing almost all opf the masking..

With Doug and Dave's years of experience it was still a big ask to get the gumballs onto the boot/trunk.

The circles we had had to be cut up and layed in pieces due to the contour of the boot/trunk. I felt a little like saying forget it, but it was worth it in the end. And we appreciated being part of the process.

:eek:

Now to put it back together.

The SPF Facility is very impressive. The body looks great. I'm sure you will be happy to get it home. How did you get the photos?

No doubt it would be a good factory tour to take. The Daytona Coupe would be an ideal take home also. :p

Cheers

Bernie

Cameron Parsons 08-01-2004 03:51 PM

Bernie,

the Gumballs look great, but you are right in that if they are not perfect, they look like S#*%.

I opted for the statics from Finishline, they arrived last week with a new wire tool and some other goodies..

The wait is coming to an end. However, I have just been informed that I will need to be in China for a conference until September 30th, that means a mad dash if I am to make the Nationals..

If I can get there, I think the very first time I drive the car will be from the Motel to the first event... That ought to be entertaining %/

Cameron

BMK 08-01-2004 04:02 PM

Cameron

We had a bit of a thrash last year to get the Cobra ready for the Nationals. Then I got cold feet and left it home completed, as I had to fly out the next day to the Run N Gun. Thought if I broke something I would be up that creek.

It looks like you have a tight schedule. Will the engine be ready to just put in?

I was surprised to see that Todd put the photos on for me. He and two of his friends in those Cooper 'S' mini came up and it looked like the 'Italian Job' was about to take place.

I have a set of the Finishline gumbals and will use two for the doors. I am thinking of using the other two cut up with stickers on them. I have the classic sticker set to go on also.

Gino AC514 has that wire tool and I'm going up one day to do a little wiring of bolts and the wheels/spinners.

Look forward to catching up in October.

Cheers

Bernie

Leeroy 08-01-2004 04:28 PM

Well done Bernie the colour combo looks awesome!. Love those yellow rookie stripes (is that correct?) Doug & Dave sure look like they know what they are about, sorry I missed getting over there recently. Do you have much work to put it all back together?
Leeroy.

BMK 08-01-2004 05:01 PM

Leeroy

It took me about five hours to get it ready. Lights out etc etc.

Doug has done some work on the windscreen and heater and will fit those back this week.

He has made some improvements to make both access and fitting an aero screen easier, with capturing bolts and making access a little better to the windscreen fittings.

I guess it will take a day or so to put it back together. I still have a little sealing to do under body as I am getting a little water into the floor area.

I have been at McDonald Bros. Racing folding up a lot of little panels in aluminium to complete the inside floor area. So hope two or three days should see me back on the road. :3DSMILE:

Will be over there the weekend after next all going well. Think I may have said I was going to NZ to have a sail on the harbour there on one of the big Cup boats, so that stuffed the next week or so up. :eek: I'm not complaining here - but then again it will be cold!!

Will catch up soon. Glad you like the paint scheme. Yes it's a Rookie stripe for sure. I'll always be a rookie. :LOL:

Cheers

Bernie

Mando 08-01-2004 05:11 PM

Bernie/Todd, no wonder you guys are doing handstands. Car looks fantastic. Cant wait to see it back together. Top job! Regards.

boxhead 08-01-2004 05:34 PM

Your car sure is looking good there Bernie.
It is hard to believe that it is the same gelcoat and flat black car I saw in the rain back in December.

Well done Bernie, another car I am looking forward to seeing at the nationals.

PCC 08-01-2004 06:48 PM

Bernie, Cameron....

Top cars - I can see the bar has been raised.

Time to dump the Cobra and chase a Daytona - Will have to discuss further with the better half. She wants to extend the house upwards (Around the cost of a Daytona:( )

Thats it............ out to lunch in the Cobra!

jasonnichols 08-01-2004 07:48 PM

new paint

I really do like my car it looks particuarly good by itself

it looks as though there will be another couple of cars I will not be parking next to

congrats to everyone:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

BMK 08-02-2004 02:00 AM

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

%/

Wish I wasn't going to NZ this weekend as I would be home getting all the bits back on.

:LOL:

Not to worry. Glad you like the finished painted look. Was starting to get a few remarks about the dirty Gel coat colour.

Hell the bars sure been lifted here. I cannot do any more circle work with the local utes. Will also have to stop driving down the dirt roads. :eek:

Cheers

Bernie

Rebel1 08-02-2004 02:10 AM

Bernie.......Looks great mate

Bet ya got a grin ear to ear heh? :MECOOL:

Don't break ya heart when ya get ya first stone chip. ..they're built to drive and enjoy.

And.........watch ya letter box.......ask PCC ..he knows. :LOL:

PCC 08-02-2004 02:16 AM

Les....

%/ %/ %/ %/ %/ :p

BMK 08-02-2004 02:24 AM

Les

Will look at placing some of that 3M product on the front sections. Stone chips??

Cheers

Bernie

Alvin 08-02-2004 05:45 AM

Bernie looking!!!!!!!!!!!!! good sorry l couldnt make it down to the paint shop as it was too good of a day to look at your cobra, l preferred to look at mine from behind the steering wheel.

Have to catch up soon

Alvin

BMK 08-02-2004 05:52 AM

Thanks Alvin

Its over at Dougs so you will probaly see it if you call in there.

Good to see that you are out driving. As I said we will catch up a few of us and take a cruise down the Peninsular or similiar?

Keep driving..**)

Cheers

Bernie

Aussie Mike 08-02-2004 06:45 AM

That looks fantastic Bernie. What a transformation! You don't really think how much of an impact paint can make. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Cheers

PCC 08-02-2004 04:29 PM

Bernie,

Thats about the best colour scheme I've seen on a Cobra other than polished aluminium.

Is that a FORD blue - I think so

:MECOOL:

Sorry Mike:p

PCC 08-02-2004 04:39 PM

Bernie,

That has to be one of the best colour schemes around along with polished aluminium.

I see its a FORD blue - good choice;)

Sorry Mike:p