Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2004, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Technical Assistance - Lost Camera Icon

Posted this as no one has returned my E-Mail (sent to B. Mills) regards accessing photos.

Recently swapped my web browser as IE 6.0 was simply too slow (some hidden gremlins no doubt).

However, using Explorer 2002 I've lost the camera icon and cannot view anyone's gallery

Can a computer guru help me out as it is very frustrating

Option 1 - that is returning to IE 6.0 is not an option - impacts on my work

So Option 2 would be useful
Old 09-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Peter,

I haven't used the browser that you changed to, but there are most likely some options in it that are blocking the graphics from club cobra. Do you have any problem with any other places showing up? When Ron(CW) gets back he will be able to answer this for sure as he has tried and used about every browser there is. Also I am guessing that you are running XP. Have you loaded Service Pak 2 yet?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Peter,

Clean out your system cache, your browser cache, then the cookies to this web site. Reboot your system and check to see if everything is now working. If so, then your done. if not, check your web site theme settings, change them and see what happens......If it works, then your now done, if not, then you need to go into your browser settings and undo the one blocking pop ups and advertising for this web site.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

PCC and others,

I e-mailed CW because my gallery (photo) icon has been missing since the previous problem with the server affected them. He said that after some investigation, he saw how the "fix" could have affected some machines equipped with Norton and other IT security software.

He said "be patient" and they would look into it. I have done all the things referred to above, including turning off Norton.

Mine are still missing too and none of the above measures worked to restore them.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

P.S. What's the latest on SP 2? I still haven't installed it, but haven't heard any complaints anywhere either.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Clay,

I am still having the people around here hold off for a while. Only two have installed it and they had some minor problems, but they are home users and not business. One had problems with their Microsoft Office and the other lost some of the stuff that a 3rd party program uses. Both uninstalled it and everything came back. But so far, I haven't heard any real horror tales about it. I did check with Norton and they have a patch that downloads so the SVC. Pak. 2 will see the Nortons and not tell you that your computer MAY be unprotected. I just orderd Norton's 2005 yesterday as it is due out in a couple of weeks and I try to update mine every 2 years. Rick Parker installed it and I don't think he ran into any problems but you might ask him. I would like to hear of any problems that anyone who has it runs into as that will save me having to dig themout later. If you want to try it, they do have an uninstall feature for it, so that is good. Also anyone on dial up should get the CD as it will take forever for them to download it.

By the way, I can see your gallery icon just fine and it is there and works. I am using Nortons virus program and the firewall from SBC.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 09-06-2004 at 07:00 AM..
Old 09-06-2004, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, I know others can, but I'm stumped as to why I can't. Obviously, some setting I'm unaware of got changed, although I haven't fooled around the with system in any way.....nothing but the usual security updates.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Clay,

Can you see other people's icons and access their galleries ? Also try going to another site that has galleries and seeing if you can look at their pictures. I know that you have already went all through your CP, so that isn't an issue.

Ron

Old 09-06-2004, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, no, I see no photo icons, but all the avatars, trophies, etc. are still there. I can only get to the gallery by accessing it directly.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

I've downloaded SP2 and it does'nt seem to recognize my norton,
although I updated norton after installing sp2. Keep getting the
"unprotected" balloon, so I manually ran the scan but warning still pops up.
Also my trophy icon has never shown up, and I swear that I've lost options (smiles) in the "post reply" area, or was I dreaming?
Old 09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Motorhead,

I don't know if the latest Norton's download was to cure the SP 2 failure to recognize Norton's or not? Which version of Norton's are you using ? I know they will quit supporting the 2003 in November I think it is. The 2005 version that I have on order should already have the patch in it according to their sales rep. The baloon will pop up every time you boot until they get the patch out. Norton's system files are locked and the security system of SP 2 can't access them to see if they are working. Your computer is still protected by your Norton's as SP 2 won't stop that. It just can't recognize it at this time.
When replying to a post there should be 18 Smilies to the left hand side below the Your Reply: In the Message Icons above you should have 14 of them. As for the trophy icon, only Brent can add them, so you may have to contact him about that. He is really busy trying to get the club to run faster, get his car going, and working, so it may take some time.

Ron

Old 09-06-2004, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Ron; thanks for the info! I wasn't dreaming, the icons(smiles)
should be there, but aren't . I'll try to contact Brent as you suggest. Thanks again!!
Ted