Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Vic Convoy to Goulburn on Friday 1st Oct (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/57592-vic-convoy-goulburn-friday-1st-oct.html)

NASSTY 09-12-2004 11:38 PM

Vic Convoy to Goulburn on Friday 1st Oct

I missed the last Vic CC meeting.

Are there any plans to travel in convoy on Friday 1st Oct to Goulburn?

Cheers

Al

REPTYL 09-13-2004 01:54 AM

Some are leaving Wednesday and breaking the trip in two.
Some are leaving very early Thursday morning to get to Goulburn just after lunch.
Most are leaving at 08:30 on Thursday from the Mac Donald’s on the Hume Hwy Broadmeadows.
A small number will be leaving at 08:30 on the Friday from that same Maccas.

BMK 09-13-2004 06:46 AM

:confused:

Anyone on the forum leaving on the Friday. Or does anyone on the forum know who indicated that they may be leaving on the Friday morning.

:CRY:

I'm not sure if I can manage to get the extra (Thursday) day off.

Bernie

BMK 09-13-2004 06:48 AM

:confused:

Anyone know how many entrants are listed and paid to date for the Nationals??

**)

Just curious!!

Bernie

REPTYL 09-13-2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Anyone on the forum leaving on the Friday.
Going by the first post in this thread, I would say Al is leaving on the Friday.:)

BMK 09-13-2004 07:32 AM

Yes, saw that but wondered who else had indicated Friday was the preferred option.

Now I have heard that there are not too many going from Victoria?

Bernie

REPTYL 09-13-2004 09:09 AM

Where did you hear that not many Vics are going???

Should be at least 20 that I can think of.

Chris, Steve, Marty, Graham (late pull outs).

There was at least that many last year and we still managed close to 30.

Tony Cram 09-13-2004 03:42 PM

To all the VIC's

Official list is 21 VIC's entered. Nearly all are entered for all events.

Peter D and I are preparing a convoy list with mobile numbers and meeting points/times. Stay tuned to you email. Will try and get it out in a few days.

TC

Leeroy 09-13-2004 04:13 PM

I will be leaving Friday morning (early I hope) as I would like to see some Friday action at the track. Mine wont be ready so will be in the family cruiser with my 2 young boys for the weekend. What time was the Friday crew thinking of heading up? is it about 7-8hrs form Melb??
Leeroy

Tony Cram 09-14-2004 03:43 AM

Missing Entrants

To All VIC's,

Hmmmmm official list looks a little short. :CRY:

Looks like about 5 names missing from list. I have contacted Kevin to let him know. I will contact those who seem to be missing off the list tomorrow if it is really the case or just an error.

Dont panic just yet.:eek:

Regards

TC

Bryan Wilson 09-14-2004 03:45 AM

Convoy to Nationals

I'll be leaving 8:30am Thursday from the Broard Meddows Mackas
Cheers,
Bryan

PS Thats if my entery has been accepted as I've herd nothing back yet.

BMK 09-14-2004 03:57 AM

Departing Thursday and Friday at 0830 - pick your day

Ok looks like it is 0830 on Thursday or 0830 on Friday.

Departing from that wonderful, fantastic, sensational 5 star restaurant McDonald's, Hume Highway Campbellfield on the service station site..

Cheers

Bernie

BMK 09-14-2004 04:01 AM

TC

Don't worry about the previous 'Post" over on the other 'Thread" as you have answered my questions here.

I did hear that a few of the regulars were possibly not going.

:3DSMILE:

However 20 plus sounds great.

Cheers

Bernie

Bryan Wilson 09-14-2004 04:07 AM

I'm in

TC just confirmed to me that I'm in race No 66 same as last year.
See you all there.
Cheers,
Bryan

BMK 09-14-2004 04:17 AM

Well done Bryan that luckyy '66' again.

Sorry missed you call on the weekend. I raced out in the Cobra when you were at the theatre. Could not hear the phone over the side pipes.

Had a good run down the coast to Torquay and Bells Beach. A little cloud but luckily no rain.

**)

Earlier in the morning, I pushed the Cobra out of the garage there in Geelong and down the street. Jumped in and rolled down the hill, then started it. It was 0600 and I followed my son up to Melbourne for the 'Mini Cooper S' run he was going on.

**)

I let them go on the run and raced back to Geelong. Home by 0820 and back in the garage. Ready for the run later down the coast. Total of 330 k.

Aiming to get to Dougs at Lilydale, this weekend to have the Cobra polished.

Cheers

Bernie

Adrian S 09-14-2004 05:01 AM

I'm planning to head up on the Friday so might be a bit lonely. Hope I don't break down !!! I'll be at Broady Maccas at 0830.

Will only know tomorrow whether I can really have the time off work. Will be a sobbing mess if they say no.:CRY:

REPTYL 09-14-2004 05:05 AM

Come on Adrian, this is Australia.
We are all entitled to at least 1 sickie a fortnight.:)

NASSTY 09-14-2004 04:16 PM

Looks like 8.30 on Friday is good to go.

Mrs NASSTY (Pauline) and I will see you there.

:)

AC302 09-14-2004 08:00 PM

I have booked to stay at the at Clinton (the cigar room I believe) for all 4 nights and have been told by others have been before it is not the best but was all that was available when I booked...if anyone who is now not going has a booking at the Best Western I would be happy to take it over.

Looking for a good place to sleep.

JB

REPTYL 09-14-2004 09:23 PM

should now be a few spare at the Goulburn Central if your quick.