Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Modified DRB 2000, 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Question Extra Bracing in Boot.

For certification I had to put extra bacing in the boot, on the seatbelt bracket. So I fitted 2 angled square tube rails from the seatbelt bracket onto somwhere else (hard to explain, sorry!!!!! should post a pic, will when my digital camera has batteries in it!!!!!). I put bolts through the "somwhere else" end and the heads go through the inner wheel well (hard to explain AGAIN).

My question is, did anyone else have to do this?? I dont know if this is an ADR but this was required by my certifier. Did any DRB owners have to do this?? Or anyone at all for that matter???

Oh actually I do have a pic (kinda hard to see tho!!!) Below.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2005, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I had some concerns about the strength of the seat belt mounts in my Classic Revival.

There's a folded lazer cut steel plate that forms the seat belt and one of the roll bar mounts.

I strengthened it by adding a welding a 3mm thick shear plate accross tha back of it. You can see the shear plate with the round holes to lighten it in this pic. It didn't add a lot of weight but it sure strengthened up the whole thing.

If it's for safety and things like seat belt mounts it's better to over engineer in my opinion.

Cheers

Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     
Talking standards

Mike think one of those holes you cut out in that upright brace is .025mm closer to the side than the other one

Old 04-08-2005, 01:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Bugger! I think you're right. I'll have to go and re do it now.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I am sure you can fix it on your mill.

Just think, if ya dont fix it then you might be able to get your car finished, and we wouldnt want that or all the guys with the shiney priddy cars wont win those best polished this or that awards.

On another note Mike, We had a trainer from Holden at our dealership this week and he was checking out my car and spotted the fuel surge tank, he commented on it being a very simple yet clever use of the standard pump, well that led to a conversation where I told him about you and all these bits and pieces you make, ie gearbox mod, reverse flow impellar, side pipes with cats.
I showed him some of the pics in your gallery here and he wanted me to let you know that he is very impressed with what you are doing and how your car looks.
He especially loved your bonnet latch thingys.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He'll end up with a swollen head.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Sorry Les

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force, 351W, GT40 Lightning Intake, Toploader, Jag running gear, 3.07 diff, Autronic ECU
Not Ranked     

302cobra,

My engineer requested that I brace the seat belt mounting plate similar to as you described. I've got a G-Force which has an upright section behind the back of the seats in the middle. I put a 10mm plate - approx 350mm wide in to separate the shoulder strap bolts (otherwise the seat belt was slipping off my shoulder). I would have thought that 10mm plate would have been sufficient but had to brace it. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Cheers,
Adrian.