Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic revival 302w
Not Ranked     
Smile looking for parts

hi guys just got my cobra last week and was just wondering where a reasonable priced supplier for coilovers and master cyls might be found any help will be much appreciated
Old 04-12-2005, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Welcome along Jess, I see you have a Classic Revival.

You say you only got your car last week, what did you get?
A rolling chassis or chassis body combo?

I purchased my shockies and springs (spacs shocks and king springs) through Fulcrum suspensions.

I dont have master cylinders yet but am close to needing them so I would be interested in some contacts aswell.

How will you go with registration in vic with a 302 windsor?

Good luck with it all and dont be a stranger.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Another CR and not an LS1 in site (yet)

Jess welcome to the Forum.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-12-2005, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Jess,

High Performance world imports AVO's, reasonable price, Ians manual should have part No.s (02) 9630 2333.

If you have the $$'s go for Koni or Ohlin.

High Performance also import Wilwood master cylinders. Race brakes worth talking to as they will match bore size to the brakes you want.Best if you sort brakes and master cylinders together.

Go for the best quality brakes your budget can handle. Also recommend braided lines.About $6K for quality calipers and rotors all round.

Make sure the float switch ( for the brake fail light) screws onto the master cylinders. It dosent with the Wilwood which requires some modification.

Congrats on picking a CR. THere are plenty of CRs on this forum in various stages of build so feel free to ask for advice.

Phil
Old 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Hey Jess,

Must have been your cobra I saw when I was there last week. It has my fingerprints all over it as it was the first bare chassis\body Id seen in the flesh.

You could check out Earls performance for tilton master cylinders www.earls.com.au. They are in Silverwater (Sydney). www.shockreco.com.au (Somewhere Nth of the border) also sell AVO's. Im yet to check out prices at either of these guys but just a couple Ive added to my list during frequent internet searching.

Happy hunting!
Old 04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Hi Jess
and welcome to the forum, good to see another CR on the horizon. Plenty of help here on the web so please ask as there is lots of good help & ideas to pickup from us all, lets see some pic's of your new baby.
Cheers Leeroy.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Talking of pictures, when are we going to see your new sprayjob?

Regards.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi guys thanks for your feedback i only got the body chassis combo and im preety happy with it so far ive managed to put the front suspension and steering rack in it so far and working on making rear shock mounts as far as getting it reg with the windsor in it i went and seen colin young at enkelmans last year at told him what i wanted to do and he seemed to ok it all so i hope i dont have any hiccups but im only going to do the bare minimun to get reg then we can start getting creative including paint im leaning towards dodge viper blue with stripe.
I came across some web sites while looking for parts summit racing in the states for master cyl 65 us and demon-tweeks in the uk for avo 85pounds.
Also what bore size master cyl are you guys running ive only got the standard jag fronts and falcon rears
and any sug on cluth master cyl im looking at running a willwood reverse slave cyl
im going to try and put some pics in to show you guys not sure how to do this yet

cheers
jess
Old 04-13-2005, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

You had better check with your engineer again as I am fairly sure there was a rule change in Vic that became effective 1 january 2005.
The new reg states engine must meet euro 3 specs.
If you started your car last year then all is ok.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Im curious what everyone else paid for AVO's. 85 pounds works out about 850 PLUS delivery which mite be a little scarey from England. As Ill be after mine soon I wonder if a package buy mite be the go. Anyone else interested?
Old 04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I paid $1350.00 oz dollars for my springs, shockies, spacer and adjusting tool

Cruising in 5th

Old 04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by boxhead

You had better check with your engineer again as I am fairly sure there was a rule change in Vic that became effective 1 january 2005.
The new reg states engine must meet euro 3 specs.
If you started your car last year then all is ok.
Jess
I agree with Boxhead as this rule is applicable to my build. If you have no paperwork that states that you started your build (took delivery) prior to 1/1/05 AND you weren't signed up with an engineer prior to 1/1/05 then you cannot use a 302W in Vic. You have to comply with Euro3 regs which are this years motors.

I'd suggest you double check with your engineer before buying a 302W. It wouldn't be the first time that an engineer didn't know the regs. If you are pulled up by the EPA and you have the wrong engine, your engineers cert. will only be good for loo paper.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi guys i did actually purchase the engine and put a deposit down on the cobra last year and when i spoke to colin he ok it, going by his words he said as long as you have a major component the start date of the project will be last year 04 and vic roads will give you 3 years grace to compleate it so hopefully it should all be good.

I,ve also heard of another brand of coilovers called GAZ if anybody else has had any experience with let me know

Boxhead and Phil i noticed you guys mentioned braided brake lines did you buy then in kit form or did you have to get especially made up also what size master cyl are you guys going for i think i will buy mine from summit there is only a dolla difference between tilton and willwood.

cheers
jess
Old 04-14-2005, 01:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. LS1, T56, Billy Cart
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca, a package deal on parts from the UK sounds great....

Now I have a cunning plan Baldrich.

I work for a UK based company and quite often we have guests from the Old Dart and we also send people over.

My co conspiator in the cobra is going there next week. One of his tasks while he is there is too hassle the daylights out of AVO, for a great deal on Shocks. I will keep you all posted.

One of the other companies I have tracked down is Brightworks, who supplied the original parts to Ace. We have a catalogue, so will be hassling them as well.

Basically we are in if the costs are less, which on initial investigation.... they seem to be, even with exchange rate and freight
Old 04-14-2005, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Churchy that sounds good if there is a few of us might be worthwile keep us posted
jess
Old 04-14-2005, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Very interested here churchy, do keep us posted.

I had my braided hoses made by a local brake company here in Alice who is licenced and certified to make hoses, he also stamps them with ADR approval codes after he bench tests them.
I have some pics in my gallery

Cruising in 5th

Old 04-14-2005, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Boxhead

The dogs have been let out. Will be Posted/mailed soon PM me with your work address

Bernie
Old 04-14-2005, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jess

Your obviously right on with the build details that you have.

A few of us were a little worried (obviously by the "Posts") that you may have been in the dark re your engineering and build.

Your ok - Ford in a Ford. Just as CS wanted. He thought about going to the Dark Side also, but soon realised who was placing the bucks on the table.

Have fun

bernie

Bernie
Old 04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Jess,
definately go with the braided lines as I also did. I got mine made up by ABS Brakes here in Moorabbin and they are certified which will be important at engineering. THey feel great too when hard braking as the lines dont expand likt the rubber ones.
Cheers Leeroy
Old 04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Bernie.

I think CS oiginally wanted a chevy but got a knock back so had to settle for next best

That'll get the Ford guys going

Phil