Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Shelby Fest 2007 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/71696-shelby-fest-2007-a.html)

400TT 08-02-2006 07:44 PM

Shelby Fest 2007

Does anyone know the dates of Shelby Fest 2007?

I expect they might already have been ear marked.

Is it 3rd & 4th February?

Shelby400 08-02-2006 07:46 PM

How many sleeps Phil?

REPTYL 08-02-2006 08:04 PM

Yes, it's on again. But not in Feb.
20th&21st April 2007
Tony and I have been holding off on the anoncment until the conformation of the V8 Supercar calendar due out in September.
But after a phone call, I was able to extract some 'yet to be released to public' information from the V8 Supercar mob last week.
That being the dropping of the Winton round from next year’s event calendar.

So we're right to go. Hotel and track have been booked and we are currently sorting out the stock yards and other details.

Cost may increase slightly over last year, due to the sponsorship from Roaring Forties for Shelby Fest 06 being caught up in there receivership.

Will post more info when we get it.

REPTYL 08-02-2006 08:05 PM

Yes, it's on again. But not in Feb.
20th&21st April 2007
Tony and I have been holding off on the anoncment until the conformation of the V8 Supercar calendar due out in September.
But after a phone call, I was able to extract some 'yet to be released to public' information from the V8 Supercar mob last week.
That being the dropping of the Winton round from next year’s event calendar.

So we're right to go. Hotel and track have been booked and we are currently sorting out the stock yards and other details.

Cost may increase slightly over last year, due to the sponsorship from Roaring Forties for Shelby Fest 06 being caught up in their receivership.

Will post more info when we get it.

REPTYL 08-02-2006 08:10 PM

OOPS! I think I hit that Submit button one to many times:3DSMILE:

Here's a little competition for you. Spot the difference between the last two posts.
First with the correct answer can get pot of beer at the next Shelby Fest (Tony's shout)

We picked April as the new date, as we struggled a little last year with companies closing over the Christmas break through to January.

The Weather will still be great and we don't clash with any other major events.
and we were able to book the Gateway for friday and Saturday nights along with 50 rooms for that weekend.

PCC 08-02-2006 08:36 PM

#3 to #4

Does that mean I have to travel from bananaland for a beer:confused:

REPTYL 08-02-2006 08:59 PM

If yor travelling from Bananaland. just brig down a bunch and sell it in Victoria.
You'll make enough to cover petrol accomadation and take home change.:LOL:

And no not #3 - #4.

In the text:rolleyes:

Tenrocca 08-02-2006 10:06 PM

there - their, and you also spelt confirmation wrong (TWICE!!!) :D

400TT 08-02-2006 10:06 PM

Jason, that's easy. You changed "there" to "their".

Thanks, I'm just chasing dates for the QLD Calendar as I'm hoping to be able to get a bigger contingent than last year.

For anyone reading this, last years Shelby Fest has got to be one of THE BEST Cobra events I've attended. And I've attended quite a few. ;) Highly recommended. :D

Edit: Bugger beaten to the punch.

Cobra.au 08-02-2006 10:20 PM

What a birthday present (20th april)

Exellent

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...0511093506.gif

400TT 08-02-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra.au
What a birthday present (20th april)

Get out of here...I was thinking the same thing. :D

Looks like your not the only Craig on here with a birthday on the 20th April. :eek:

Tenrocca 08-02-2006 11:34 PM

Thats freakey, plus.....PhilN - 7th, Churchy - 18th, me 15th...what is it with these April Birthdays?

pneall 08-02-2006 11:56 PM

Cant wait...260 sleeps to go:D :D

Craig , yep wouldnt miss Shelby Fest...there is something about Winton and all being in the same accomodation (bar) that makes it work.

Phil:) :) :)

pneall 08-03-2006 12:01 AM

Reptyl,

So its practice on Friday 20th, sprints on Saturday 21st and saleyards on the 22nd??

Phil:) :)

400TT 08-03-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pneall
Reptyl,

So its practice on Friday 20th, sprints on Saturday 21st and saleyards on the 22nd??

Phil:) :)

Phil, well that's what I have put in the QLD Calendar. ;)

richardferguson 08-03-2006 01:56 AM

20th April is also the birthday of one A. Hitler (if only my head were full of useful information).
Can the Elvis impersonator be lined up for the Fest? Made for a great night!
Richard

Rebel1 08-03-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenrocca
Thats freakey, plus.....PhilN - 7th, Churchy - 18th, me 15th...what is it with these April Birthdays?

And........ more importantly..... Rebel1 :)

April 4th.

boxhead 08-03-2006 04:39 AM

Looks like there (their) are plenty of April fools who drive Cobras :P

REPTYL 08-03-2006 02:15 PM

Phil,
Quote:

Yes.

Philm 08-03-2006 04:13 PM

Aries

April is the month for us,

My daughter 18th April.
eldest son 1st April.
youngest son 1st April.
Wife 5th April.
Brother 6th April,
Cousin 8th April.
Brother inlaw 29th April.

Yes that is right my 2 sons are born of the same day 2 years 2 hours and 22 mins apart.

And my birthday is in November all on my own!

Thanks

Phil