Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Harrison Daytona Coupe

OK, where are the spy photos?

Come on you banana benders, surely some one can sneak down to Warricks shop and snap a few pics to post here.

Last time I saw it it was just a bare shell sitting on the floor. It must look like a car by now.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 07-22-2006 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Mike, apparently it will be ready for the Nationals but as you say there must be some spy photos floating around.Really keen to see how it turned out.

Phil
Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Speaking of ready for nationals.....Mike?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Well I've got bad news, doesn't look like the Daytona will be ready to take down to the Nationals.

Warwick has been too busy building Cobra's I think. He has never been so busy.

The Daytona has been painted, ready for re-assembly.

It really looks gorgeous. I've had plenty of opportunity to snap some spy photos, but didn't think it was right. I'll check with Warrick and see if it's ok.

Daytona was painted by the same guy painting my GT40. Chris Pilling. Most here will be familiar with that surname. Chris Pilling is working for FFF. FFF did the body work on both the Daytona and my GT40. I think FFF have painted close to a dozen Cobra's now and performed numerous repairs.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-23-2006 at 01:55 AM..
Old 07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warwick's throwing some photos of the Daytona up on his website on the weekend.

Keep an eye out for them.

www.cobrakits.com.au

Old 07-21-2006, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default The Pic's are not the problem.......

Guy's its not the Pic's that is the problem!!!!

Its trying to get them on the site that takes the time....

STIFFY
Old 07-21-2006, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It really looks gorgeous. I've had plenty of opportunity to snap some spy photos, but didn't think it was right. I'll check with Warrick and see if it's ok.

Matey Matey Matey, you have over stepped the mark ,this is club cobra ,not vanity fair ,where did you get this word "gorgeous" from ?

Not from kit car mag .not from street rodder mag.not from street machine

mag.
This word describes a wedding dress ,not a cobra,or a gt40 please mind your tonge.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Sounds like someone has been looking at the photos of the sheilas from Hooters on this site one time too many
iva bigan likes this.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva bigan

Matey Matey Matey, you have over stepped the mark ,this is club cobra ,not vanity fair ,where did you get this word "gorgeous" from ?
That's what you get for posting stuff Friday arvo after a long, long week.

Had a few beers last night and brain is all sorted.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Daytona photos are up on Harrison website. He only has photos of the painted body/chassis unit at the moment. I expect we will see more soon.

Direct link to Daytona photos.

http://www.cobrakits.com.au/gallery/daytona.htm
Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Ya just gotta love those curves.

do you know when thay may be pics with the front half of the body work fitted?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It looks so good in the flesh. Notice they have bonded the rear wing on. Won't take many hours to get it rolling & drivetrain in. Warwick has been busy pushing out Cobra's, I've never seen so many cars being built, so that's obviously distracted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead
do you know when thay may be pics with the front half of the body work fitted?
The front clip is not back from the painters yet. It's been held up as they have been busy making moulds of it for acrylic headlight covers etc. It's also got to be coated underneath.

My GT40 is also wrestling for attention from same paint shop, she you can blame me if you like.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Hey 400TT, what is the name and phone number of this paint shop again. If all you fellas use this painter he must do a pretty good job and mine will need paint soon.

Blair
Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FFF - Fergies Fine Finishes George's number 0422 056 864

George is a member of the club.

These days you could go to any Club breakfast and you would see quite a few cars painted by him. George himself attends quite a few breakfasts. Most people, if not all, have chosen the entry level paint job, what George calls street paint job. Don't be fooled it's a pretty high quality job. A lot of people are even chosing to paint underbody in matching colour these days.

George has a background in fibreglass, so is an expert in getting lasting results. Which I certainly took advantage of his fibreglass skills for all my body modifications.

He has just started using Chris Pilling and his high-tech both for all his paint work. Chris Pilling is also a Cobra enthusiast. The Daytona was the first car painted by Chris. My GT40 is currently getting painted by Chris.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Thanks 400TT, I just rang George and he seems like a really good bloke. Overall cost of painting my Cobra was also very competitive. If he did your car (and you have built a few) I am sure he'll be good enough for little young me.

Blue with white stripes here I come.

Blair
Old 07-23-2006, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, George is a great guy. He also stands behind his work. If you are not happy, he will fix it, no problem.

Have a look at Harrison Cobra site gallery. http://www.cobrakits.com.au/gallery George did all body work & paint on both Steve's & Peter's Cobra's. When I say George, it will also be the guys working for him. The big players in Cobra work are George, Rob & Chris.

George also does work on Corvette's for Corvette Club. We they are fibreglass. I saw him re-skinning a bonnet the other day because any repairs would come back through. That's what you get when your fibreglass gets old enough I suppose.

Curiously did you know that you are getting charged over $1000 extra for stripes. Well I think that's the difference. But when you see the work involved in getting them right, you don't doubt the labour cost. You can't just drop stripes on these cars, you've got to ensure they run through the middle of everything. Big problems occur when you go for twin rollbars, as chassis don't normally line up perfectly on body. You also get choice of having semi-smooth stripes, they rub back stripe edges before putting clear on. Harder to repair later as you can mask up to the edge of raised stripes, but semi-smooth look and feel great. I went with semi-smooth. Daytona has standard stripes.

Also decide whether you want straight stripes or original style as detailed by ERA here. http://www.erareplicas.com/427man/stripes/index.htm
George has details to do both styles.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-23-2006 at 06:57 PM..
Old 07-24-2006, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Daytona WILL be ready for the Nationals. Will send some more photos. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey 400TT, seeing we are talking all things Harrison and your brain seems to be a 'whose who' I was wondering do you know who did the interior work on the Harrison Cobra 450KW (Paul's car)? I remember seeing that car at the Brisbane Hot Rod Show and the thing I liked the most was the interior! Any help would be appreciated.

Blair
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair
I was wondering do you know who did the interior work on the Harrison Cobra 450KW (Paul's car)? I remember seeing that car at the Brisbane Hot Rod Show and the thing I liked the most was the interior! Any help would be appreciated.

Blair
Yeah, I have it here I think. Will get back to you. They have done a few interiors for Cobra's. Don't know if you have seen Pete's Gold DRB, but the interior was done at the same place. If I can't find it, I might be able to get Pete to post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru
The Daytona WILL be ready for the Nationals. Will send some more photos. Thanks for asking.
Well there you go. It's Dru's car, so he should know. Well that will be fantastic.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-24-2006 at 02:02 AM..
Old 07-24-2006, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Talking cut and sew.

The trim work was done by annvid upholsterers in smith st capalaba. Dave Brittan is the owner and they have produced some excelent interiors for cobras over the last 5 or so years.
They do like to a bit artistic licence when they do a fit out so that no 2 cobras are the same.

Regards oz