Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Oz's Top Cobra Builders (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/76627-ozs-top-cobra-builders.html)

Flukeyluke 02-11-2007 04:54 AM

Oz's Top Cobra Builders

Hi again,
Who would be the top builders of Cobra cars nationally?

If you guys who already own Cobras wanted to buy again, who would you go to?
It doesnt matter what state but preference is for Victoria.

Thanks guys,

Luke

750hp 02-11-2007 02:32 PM

Are you looking for the perceived "best" manufacturer, or someone to build and modify a car to suit your taste?

If it's the manufacturer that you want opinions on, it has been discussed at length before, but I'm sure you'll get more opinions on this thread.

If it's someone to build the car for you, while not in Vic, I have only good things to say about Scott Hampson from Brisbane http://www.venomcobras.com/ Scott is able to build any model to any budget. His cars have picked up numerous trophies at shows if that's your thing, and he's also had a lot of experience in setting up cars for the track.

Flukeyluke 02-11-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 750hp
Are you looking for the perceived "best" manufacturer, or someone to build and modify a car to suit your taste?

If it's the manufacturer that you want opinions on, it has been discussed at length before, but I'm sure you'll get more opinions on this thread.

If it's someone to build the car for you, while not in Vic, I have only good things to say about Scott Hampson from Brisbane http://www.venomcobras.com/ Scott is able to build any model to any budget. His cars have picked up numerous trophies at shows if that's your thing, and he's also had a lot of experience in setting up cars for the track.

Thanks, thats excactly what I am after.
I am going to be a Cobra purchaser, so it would be for someone to build a car for me.

Luke

400TT 02-11-2007 03:13 PM

Another vote for Scott here. :)

He provided his expertise in helping us get the right design, right parts & setup for that number 47 black Harrison my brother now races. Also his continuing assistance & advice has been invaluable.

Rebel1 02-11-2007 03:20 PM

Yep, very hard to find anyone better than Scotty.:)

Bryan Wilson 02-12-2007 01:16 AM

Vic Cobra builder

Doug Pierce at Lillydale is a well known Cobra builder.
He goes to most club meetings so go along and have a talk to him.
Cheers,
Bryan

REPTYL 02-12-2007 01:35 AM

I can think of at least a dozen cars that doug has finished for customers with in the Vic club. All makes and models including my own. He's got my vote.

Flukeyluke 02-12-2007 01:50 AM

Is that the name of his business, or just his name?

cameron02 02-12-2007 03:41 AM

Doug Pearce Engineering and Bodywork.

Ph: 9739 4222
Fact 13 / 91-99 Beresford Rd, Lilydale

cameron02 02-12-2007 04:04 AM

The other option would be to just order one from the kit supplier. I know DRB (Qld) will supply a turn key car and I'm sure many of the others will too. I gues it will depend on what chasis / suspension / engine etc that you want and which kit you like the look of. Hard to say which kit manufactureur is best for you. Talk to all the manufactureurs and try and see as many different cars as you can.

Laurie at RCM is local as is George at Python.

Flukeyluke 02-12-2007 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameron02
The other option would be to just order one from the kit supplier. I know DRB (Qld) will supply a turn key car and I'm sure many of the others will too. I gues it will depend on what chasis / suspension / engine etc that you want and which kit you like the look of. Hard to say which kit manufactureur is best for you. Talk to all the manufactureurs and try and see as many different cars as you can.

Laurie at RCM is local as is George at Python.

Any further details on RCM and Python.

Sorry, new to Cobras and the names mean nothing to me.

NASSTY 02-12-2007 09:04 PM

RCM (Laurie Bongailas) Blackburn Rd Blackburn (03) 9887 9997

Python Choppers 385 City Rd South Melbourne (03) 9682 3313

:)

stiffy 02-12-2007 11:53 PM

RCM only sell kits

Python can see a kit and make to your spec's,

Doug Pearce rebuilt my car after a little OFF, Great Bloke Great Job,

he has regestered over 35 Cobra's and still counting.

STIFFY

Gav 02-13-2007 02:06 AM

Mike Murphy,
but the wait is too long :LOL: :LOL:

NASSTY 02-13-2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffy
RCM only sell kits

Flukeyluke asked for his details and I obliged.

Since, Stiffy, you were not a builder but a purchaser, I'd suggest you give Laurie a call and ask him if he actually does do turnkeys, rollers etc before you suggest otherwise. Just a thought...:D

nader 02-13-2007 02:56 AM

Rcm

Laurie(RCM) built my car to rolling stage and helped install the 5.4 quad cam and a lot more while it was at his house. I believe his kits are the first in Vic to accept the Boss motor. He's never more than a phone call away and always up for a visit after hours for help. :D

Nader
Melbourne. Vic.

stiffy 02-13-2007 04:43 AM

nader,

Actually Doug Pearce was the first to install the 5.4 quad cam to an RCM.

STIFFY

Flukeyluke 02-13-2007 05:29 AM

Thanks guys for all the responses.
Keep them coming.

Luke

ferociousfish 02-13-2007 06:23 AM

isn't this where venom427 usually jumps in and all the fun starts?.....

Rebel1 02-13-2007 06:38 AM

Sadly I feel the fun has already started. :mad: