Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Seriously Good Service, Tire Rack (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/85072-seriously-good-service-tire-rack.html)

macloft 02-06-2008 11:10 PM

Seriously Good Service, Tire Rack

Just recieved my tyres (tires for you americans) today and am still getting over the servicing **) that I got from the Tire Rack Texas (US).
I rang Fred direct at the Tire Rack having contacting him via email from their web site. In a 15 minute conversation we sorted out a suitable set of tires. He emailed me the quote including shipping cost that day. I wired monies that night via internet. Recieved the reciept in 2 days and the tyres exactly 5 days later at my doorstep by Fed Ex.
It is one of the best savings I have made so far. The local Tyre Zone wanted $890 for the same tire. I got the whole lot including post for $620 US
THE TIRE RACK ROCKS.
Cheers
Bruce

acecob 02-06-2008 11:44 PM

Hahhhhh

What brand tyres are they , $890 each or for 4

My set just cost 1700 :eek::eek:

macloft 02-06-2008 11:57 PM

Kumho 245s and 285s
Bruce

schipps 02-07-2008 12:02 AM

Tyres

Bruce,

I have to agree. I ordered my tyres from Tirerack this week with Fred and within a day they are on their way and Fedex have them and I expect them late next week. Local shops here in Bundaberg wanted $1400 for the set. Through Tirerack with the shipping and handling and wire transfer fees it was $732 AUD.

regards

Mick

Tenrocca 02-07-2008 12:46 AM

I think I got the same ones Bruce - Kumho SPts, 285 and 245 in 17's?

I also ordered tyres from them for the prado and saved over $100 a tyre then local. Savings no as great as these odd cobra sizes, but still bloody good deal.

Cheers
:)

trs900 02-07-2008 04:51 AM

Everything is cheaper here in the US:D.... except for our politicians

sambo 06-02-2010 05:57 PM

Hi Bruce/Mick, I've been in touch with Fred and had a similar experience - friendly, couldn't do enough to help. Today I received my quote along with ABA, BICK and Bank account details for the wire transfer. Unfortunately the NAB's wire transfer form needs an IBAN number and I don't have this, or they use different terminology in the States - surprise!

Does anyone have the wire transfer details for tirerack? Also Mick you said you transferred online - using internet banking or some other means?

I went with Continental Extreme Contact DW in the end. Apparently they're leagues ahead of the Sumi HTR-Z III for only a little bit more.

Aussie Mike 06-02-2010 07:41 PM

I've bought a couple of sets of tyres from them now and they have been brilliant to deal with. Way cheaper than the local tyre shops even with the air freight included. I would thoroughly recommend them and will be buying tyres from them again.

I would like to support our local retailers but they are just gouging us on price.

Cheers

sambo 06-02-2010 08:30 PM

Agreed, Mike. And local suppliers would use shipping containers to improve margins even further.

So does anyone have the IBAN number for 1st Source Bank? I think I've worked out the SWIFT number.

So much for the digital age... nearly 3 pages of paperwork for this stupid wire transfer.

Zedn 06-02-2010 08:43 PM

I found their service good too. My tyre guy here who is really good said he cant get them as cheap. He even mounted them for me for free even when i insisted on paying.

It is a shame they dont take Aus credit cards. I dont seem to have any troube with other US companies for credit cards.

Sambo i just used account number and ABA number with my bank and it worked fine. I think i did it through St George from memory.

sambo 06-02-2010 08:48 PM

Yes it appears the US don't follow the IBAN system. I'll try ABA, I have that.

albanycobra 06-02-2010 09:19 PM

Yep I'm a Tirerack customer aswell. It's to easy. They are cheap and the service is great. You pay your money and a week later you have tyres.

sambo 06-02-2010 10:03 PM

Dave, I was told by NAB it usually takes 3 days for the wire transfer to clear. So 2 days for delivery?

Baz 06-02-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macloft (Post 812569)
Just recieved my tyres (tires for you americans) today and am still getting over the servicing **) that I got from the Tire Rack Texas (US).
I rang Fred direct at the Tire Rack having contacting him via email from their web site. In a 15 minute conversation we sorted out a suitable set of tires. He emailed me the quote including shipping cost that day. I wired monies that night via internet. Recieved the reciept in 2 days and the tyres exactly 5 days later at my doorstep by Fed Ex.
It is one of the best savings I have made so far. The local Tyre Zone wanted $890 for the same tire. I got the whole lot including post for $620 US
THE TIRE RACK ROCKS.
Cheers
Bruce

I second that Bruce. It just shows you how we are being ripped off and hung up to dry in Ozland downunder.

Baz

albanycobra 06-02-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Dave, I was told by NAB it usually takes 3 days for the wire transfer to clear. So 2 days for delivery
More than 2 days delivery. I go into the ANZ and they direct deposit the money. They had it the next trading day. Freight depends on the option you choose and if Customs decides to look at it.

sambo 06-03-2010 12:02 AM

Righto, thanks. :)

martrogers 06-03-2010 12:35 AM

Fred's a legend. He even sent me rim cross section drawings so I could work out accurate offsets. The banks gouge for transfers though...

New Rocket 06-03-2010 12:59 AM

Can anyone send me the contact details for the Tire Rack (USA)?

I'm thinking about getting a 17inch street and track tyre. Any recommendations??

750hp 06-03-2010 01:34 AM

http://www.tirerack.com

So what's the breakdown of tyre freight costs for you guys? I bought a set of rims last month for another car - 18x8 and 20x10. Got them from http://www.sdwheelcorp.com/who-is-sdwheelcorp.html and paid about half what they'd cost out here, even after the $330USD delivery. Adding tyres to the rims would have doubled the airfreight cost, so I'm interested to hear what tyres on their own are costing in freight.

Just as an observation, I have to say that 305/50/20 tyres tucked up under the back of a street car look pretty tough :)

WKB 06-03-2010 01:52 AM

Craig,
I paid $246 delivery for 4 tyres for the for the Harrison Cobra (2X285/40/17, 2X255/50/17) and when I bought the tyres for the 540 the delivery was $250(the 19" tyres are a bit heavier).

Warren