Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Race Car Taking Shape (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/88268-race-car-taking-shape.html)

Wazza 08-06-2008 10:27 PM

Even IF I could get enough speed to get past...........there's no room to get past that big fat arse.......

Just Jokes....

I'm prepared for a whippin' but will be doing my best !

Congrats...
Warren.

Cameron Parsons 08-06-2008 11:06 PM

The bigger they are the faster they spin :3DSMILE:

Matt, after your first set of hot laps, I want to be in the pits to witness first hand what that much adrenalin does to your system.

Counting the days...

Cameron

spookypt 08-07-2008 04:09 PM

Cam, I'm man enough to say it....

I'M SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400TT 08-08-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 868033)
I'M SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with an ounce of sense would be. :D

That Cobra looks fast just sitting there.

spookypt 08-10-2008 09:41 PM

Barge A$$

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...ear_edited.jpg

spookypt 08-17-2008 04:47 PM

Almost finished!
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...001_edited.jpg

400TT 08-17-2008 05:41 PM

Looks fantastic guys. Saw it in the flesh yesterday. That photo doesn't do it justice.

Will look even better once it gets out on the track though. :D

OZVENOM 08-26-2008 03:30 AM

some time you just miss the mark.

HEy guys another update i took the race cobra for a test drive sunday with a trade plate on the back .
Well you know how sometimes you take an educated guess at something well i did that with the canterlever front end and thought that 600lbs/in would be heavy enough. as i drove down the road the front just kept going down and down untill it was full compressed and caused the wheel to toe out massively which caused it wander all over the road not fun.
i changed the springs tonite and put in 1050 lbs/in springs and its just right. Talk about missing the mark.
You learn something new every day.
other than that i went well boost responce felt good and brakes are cold blooded but i expected that.

oz .:3DSMILE:

tomcat racing 08-26-2008 05:43 AM

what engine is in that cobra, and manualised c4 is the way to go, anyone who hasent driven one doesent know what hes missing. tomcat

OZVENOM 08-26-2008 06:15 AM

Tom

It has a lexus v8 turboed with a manualised lexus 4speed.
and a 300zx rearend.
Has proven to be a reliable set up so far. not the most HP but plenty of torque.
Touch wood.:rolleyes:

tomcat racing 08-26-2008 02:01 PM

nice, sorry i thought it was a c4 from earlyier discussion. any manualised strong auto has it over a manual, ive got a top loader in my ute with a renagate sequential shifter , its ok , but i wish it was a c4. tom

spookypt 08-26-2008 04:48 PM

1050 POunds! Wholly Cow... That'll hold my clenched back side of the deck for sure!

Aussie Mike 08-26-2008 05:31 PM

Good news on the test drive Scott!

How will the shocks go controlling a heavy spring like that?

Cheers

OZVENOM 08-26-2008 09:26 PM

spax.

Hey mike it has spax krypton gas shocks on it at the momenent they seem to be fine . only track time will tell hope to get some soon or its debut will be at the nationals not ideal.
i am nearly ready for a proper wheel alighnment so then i will take it for another spin .
matt i hope you fillings are in good shape.
oz

Cameron Parsons 08-26-2008 10:54 PM

What rubber are you using on that beast Scott?

Cameron

OZVENOM 08-27-2008 04:58 AM

Well .

Hi Cam well we have ribbed for when its wet and smooth for when its dry.
the ribbed are italian aka pirelli 235/18 and 315 /18 and the smoothes are english aka dunlop.285/18/640 and 290/18/690 should make for plenty of ground clearance with the 690s on the back.
and the 285 fronts will test our arms out.
I will be just happy to do some laps soon.
Did the wheel alignment tonite no wonder it was allover the road at ride height it had 25 mm toe in at full compression it must have been over 35 . hope to take for another test drive and give it some welly.
oz

Wazza 08-27-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons (Post 874017)
What rubber are you using on that beast Scott?

Cameron

I'm SURE I heard you ask Scotty that same question, when you shared a room with him at the Nationals !!!!:LOL::LOL:

Cameron Parsons 08-27-2008 06:00 PM

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

No way Wazza, you're hearing things, you know Scott's bareback all the way :eek:

If not I'll send the DVD

spookypt 08-28-2008 12:04 AM

Poor Scotty! He's my "MENT HOAR" (spell) you know!!!!!!

OZVENOM 08-28-2008 03:29 PM

ahhhhhhhh.

thats the sound you would make.
oz.