Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Cops read what you write Online....

We all know they do it but just to reinforce the FACT here is an interesting article........Conviction details below......

The Melbourne Age this morning published an article re the conviction of a Melbourne Silvia driver (a crime in itself?) who boasted online about how he flouted the generous allowance of the police who after giving him a canary for bald tyres allowed him 1 hour to drive home rather than being towed away. Bloke sounds like he deserved everything he got - was driving whilst disqualified, gave a false name and had bald tyres.

From the Melbourne Age online 21 February 2007:

"MAURICE John has learned a useful lesson — don't sing when you get a canary.

The car-crazy 22-year-old from St Albans collected a police "major defect notice" in South Yarra that deemed his Nissan 200 SX convertible unroadworthy. The yellow notice — known as a "canary" — was stuck to his windscreen by Acting Sergeant James Robbins of the Stonnington traffic management unit.

John got pinged for two bald tyres at 11pm on August 12 last year at a roadblock in Chapel Street, but Acting Sergeant Robbins generously gave him an hour to get home rather than have his car towed away.

John stupidly didn't take up the chance, choosing instead to drive on and party on.

Unbeknown to police, John was a disqualified probationary driver who gave a false name.

Two days later, under his user-name MR-GTIR/S15, John shared his Saturday night experience with users of the nissansilvia.com car club internet chat room and boasted of his getaway.

He wrote: "Saturday night, cruising through Chaps looking for a car park so I can go 2 Chasers! The usual cops that are always kickin back in front of Chasers/KFC, wasting taxpayers money … "I got done for having 2 semi-racing slicks on the back which were a little bit bald! Motherf---ers. It was 11pm. The officer gave me till midnight to get the car home or it would have to be towed! I tried negotiating with him 2 let me drive it tomorrow, but didn't happen.

"Anyways they let me go. I was more pissed off that I had 2 go home & get another car when Im in front of my destination.

"So, instead I go around the block & park in the multi-level car park behind KFC … Walked straight in and rocked all night!"

John signed off by revealing that he peeled off the notice and "then busted home!"

It was revealed yesterday in Melbourne Magistrates Court that among the visitors to the chat room was the diligent Acting Sergeant Robbins, who regularly scans such sites as part of the unit's investigative work.

When John pleaded guilty to five offences — including two charges of driving while disqualified — his lawyer Tony Danos said Acting Sergeant Robbins recognised his client "as the one he pulled up the night before".

Mr Danos said John should have known better, but decided to "have an evening out and boast about it on the website, which brought him undone".

Magistrate Angela Bolger said driving while disqualified was regarded as a contempt of the law and a prison sentence was mandatory for a second offence.

John was jailed for one month, the term suspended for 12 months, fined $400 and had his licence cancelled for a year.

"We all await with interest the posting tonight on the web," Ms Bolger commented.

John, who regards himself as a "spirited driver" rather than a hoon, later told The Age he was "shattered".

"There's a lot of people who will say bad luck, but (Acting Sergeant Robbins) got me off the road so, well done, he caught me," he said.

Hello Mr. Robbins

Acting Sergeant Robbins told The Age the unit monitored car club websites as an Inteligence -Gathering exercise to follow Car Modifications, user conversations and to "monitor specific individuals". "

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dont talk too loudly

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

I used to live at the Windsor end of Chapel St and that driver's attitude is typical of a lot of the d1ckheads who cruise around on friday/saturday nights in their blinged up Commodores, dressed like Peter Andre and with the attitude to go with it.

It's ruined Chapel St over the years and I'm glad to see the police are doing something about it. I heard they were issuing warnings to people who did more than two laps of the street without justified cause and then fining people if caught again after the warning. Thumbs up!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Thank goodness I only did one lap then!

There are local bylaws over cars making excessive noise, be it either exhaust or doof-doof that you can land you a fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Most businesses and Gov'nt Depts. scan their id into computers each week.

Mmmm so if you want to talk about a particular authority do not place their name tile in the text.

Do a Google search on your name or name on this forum and you will see all mentions of you and all posts by you.

The Sgt. mentioned can now Google his name and see this and every site that his name has been used. So yes agree the Silvia driver is a..

Mmmmm any wonder I changed to BMK..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Guys intel. is the cornerstone to knowledge so you shouldn't be surprised our good ol law enforcement and others take advantage of the electronic age to gather data.

Learnt that one in my weekend warrior period many moons ago now, but this Silvia driver is probably typical of the age group and wanting to boast their "conquests" so to speak.

But it does lend us pause to think about our discussions of post engineering mods.

Big brother is watching!!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Doesn't hurt to cover up your license plate numbers on line either, no sense in giving any easy stuff away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: