Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Windsor won't bluddy fit! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/93363-windsor-wont-bluddy-fit.html)

Rebel1 12-10-2008 04:25 AM

Greg, are you willing to pass on this Queensland fellas name?.

I have a need for an american part and have been holding off cuz of the lousy exchange rate.

rebel3 at tpg dot com dot au

cheers
Les

byroncobra 12-10-2008 01:47 PM

Les
I think the harness was a one off as his business is importing Jeep and 4wd stuff. I just happened to find his listing on ebay.
Anthony is the fellas name, his website www.j-p-r.com, trading as Jeeepart in Harvey Bay.
Good luck
Greg

07cob 12-15-2008 12:50 PM

Air Intake

Quote:

Originally Posted by byroncobra (Post 904006)
Oh... can I pass inspection Ok with an aftermarket cold air intake pipe and fancy conical filter?

Greg

I have a 'fancy conical filter' and no problem at inspection.

Cheers

Geof

gjkrv8 12-15-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07cob (Post 905243)
Greg

I have a 'fancy conical filter' and no problem at inspection.

Cheers

Geof

Me too, mine was passed last week in VIC, so not sure if NSW Engineers will pass them or not.

Rgds

Gregg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...and_Tubing.jpg

Merv and Sharon 12-15-2008 11:26 PM

Hope that all is going well now Greg. You seem to have it sorted. My Windsor and 'box were inserted today on their new mounts and the car is all now back from the painters. At the exhaust shop tomorrow! I am doing a similar thing with a cone filter on the Windsor.

Merv

Mando 12-15-2008 11:51 PM

Hi Gregg,
whats the plackard on the guard for?

Regards.

gjkrv8 12-16-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 905340)
Hope that all is going well now Greg. You seem to have it sorted. My Windsor and 'box were inserted today on their new mounts and the car is all now back from the painters. At the exhaust shop tomorrow! I am doing a similar thing with a cone filter on the Windsor.

Merv

Hey Merv, great progress. Did you do your own prep or did you get the painters to do it? I am not sure whether to do it myself or get someone who is responsible for the finish to do it? Not sure if I am talking about a lot of extra dollars from the painters if they do it?

Rgds

Gregg

gjkrv8 12-16-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mando (Post 905342)
Hi Gregg,
whats the plackard on the guard for?

Regards.

Ah Mando, thats the Emmission Sticker for the engine. you need one of these.

It must be valid for your particular engine -I got mine from Holden for my engine VY series II etc. Cost 5 bucks. You need it for engineering.

Rgds

Gregg

Aussie Mike 12-16-2008 02:14 AM

I got mine registered with my patented "Elephant Dick" intake system. The engineer passed it no problem.

It was designed to catch cold high pressure air traveling under the car. Unfortunately any extra HP it may have gained was not worth the embaresment caused when the hood was opened:o

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...r_Intake_2.jpg

Cheers

stephen low 12-16-2008 04:18 AM

That's called LS1 flop.........or perhaps GM droop!

You've been working that thing too hard Mr Murph!

byroncobra 12-16-2008 06:20 PM

Thanks on the filter stuff, I'm awaiting my MAF from the US then I'll look around for one of those cool Elephants' Dicks.........
it's said that the size of the muffler on Nissan Skylines is inversely proportional to the drivers' appendage.
Maybe the same for air intakes Aussie Mike?:LOL:

On another subject, the throttle body on my car has no Idle Air Control solenoid fitted to it, there is a cover plate on the side that looks like where it should be.

I take it that we need one of these things, there's a plug on the engine loom ready to connect it to. Will the standard Mustang one fit here and work OK?

Great news Merv, need some pics ASAP

Greg

Merv and Sharon 12-16-2008 10:14 PM

I am not sure about the Idle Air Control solenoid Greg. I suspect that it may be needed. But perhaps ask Michael via Harrisons as he has a lot of experience with the Mustang motor. Posted a few pics after painting.

Merv