Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   "powered by chev" (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/96325-powered-chev.html)

stumpeater 04-17-2009 04:08 AM

"powered by chev"

Whilst wandering around Wakefield at the Nationals I was shown a "Cobra Powered by Chev" (or words to that effect) plaque, and I was wondering where it came from, and are they available? Thanks, Peter :confused:

Merv and Sharon 04-17-2009 04:19 AM

:eek:Why?

Merv

Tenrocca 04-17-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 940923)
:eek:Why?

Merv

No hood clearance issues for starters :)

Beejay 04-17-2009 06:23 AM

These were made by Gav.

I am sure he will pop up here sometime.

Ben (Stock LS1 Chev with 327 rwhp):D

Mando 04-17-2009 06:23 PM

Why would you advertise it? ;)

Regards.

tcrist 04-17-2009 09:45 PM

You can try here. www.billetbadges.com

Terry

steeler 04-17-2009 10:04 PM

[quote=tcrist;941191]You can try here. www.billetbadges.com

You could put 'Ford" badges on, and hope no one notices? :confused:

Merv and Sharon 04-17-2009 10:26 PM

Use the Ford ones. We won't tell....

Merv

tcrist 04-18-2009 08:02 AM

[quote=steeler;941193]
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrist (Post 941191)
You can try here. www.billetbadges.com

You could put 'Ford" badges on, and hope no one notices? :confused:

Check their web site closely. They can make you anything you want.

Terry

boxhead 04-19-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpeater (Post 940918)
Whilst wandering around Wakefield at the Nationals I was shown a "Cobra Powered by Chev" (or words to that effect) plaque, and I was wondering where it came from, and are they available? Thanks, Peter :confused:

Hey there Peter, Gavin is the one you want, he may still have some spare ones in his shed.

He had a local screen printer/sign writer make them up, I happily have one on my dash

David (stock LS1 with 275 rwkw's)

stumpeater 04-20-2009 02:16 AM

Gavin?

Gee you Ford Guys are Funny, for a moment I thought I'd logged onto the "Melbourne Comedy Festival" web site by mistake, The problem with the Ford donk is I live in Victoria, and as we can't register older motors therefore the only 2 Ford options are the BIG V8 (wont fit in my Harrison) and the XR6 Turbo straight six, which is to tall and would need to be dry sumped, though I do like the idea of "dial a Horsepower option" with adjustable boost. To convert the 6 would probably cost more than I paid for the Gen IV, 6 litre (VE) Crate motor, and I'd lose a lot of boot space. The other option is a Lexus V8. but I think even you Ford Guys would prefer the "Stars and Stripes" to the "Land on the rising Sun" Option. (when I say "Stars & Stripes" I actually mean Mexico, for the L98). Back to the topic!! How do I contact "Gavin" is that his name or call sign? Thank you.

Gav 04-20-2009 03:47 AM

Hey Stumpeater,
I had a number of them made up for a few club members for the nationals for a bit of a stir.
Any engraver or trophy maker could do one for you, They just scanned a 'powered by puss' plaque that I had and replaced the 'puss' with CHEV in matching text.
Simple and effective!

Merv and Sharon 04-20-2009 03:55 AM

"powered by puss" !!!!!

Very funny!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Merv

Gav 04-20-2009 04:09 AM

Well that would have to be the most well mannered reply given nature of my comment!!
Good on you Merv, you know we are just s##t stirring!

Mando 04-20-2009 05:41 AM

Wait till I see you in the flesh, Ill give you some puss! :eek:

Regards.

Tatsushige 04-20-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpeater (Post 941683)
The other option is a Lexus V8. but I think even you Ford Guys would prefer the "Stars and Stripes" to the "Land on the rising Sun" Option. (when I say "Stars & Stripes" I actually mean Mexico, for the L98).

Yeah but the Toyota would out last everything else:D

Gav 04-20-2009 04:35 PM

Great words by he who walks.

Ronbo 04-20-2009 07:36 PM

There was a 283 Chevy powered AC that pre-dates the Cobra...;)

There's a thread around here somewhere about it.

Nothing to be ashamed of, the 283 was a fine motor. First engine in the US to achieve 1hp per cubic inch. (1957)

Gav 04-20-2009 10:34 PM

Who is ashamed?

boxhead 04-21-2009 12:09 AM

Not me. :)