Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   4 post car hoist wanted single phase (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/99386-4-post-car-hoist-wanted-single-phase.html)

spookypt 09-02-2009 11:45 PM

4 post car hoist wanted single phase

I've been watching EBAY for 5 mths now and am unable to find anything suitable, local and reasonably priced.... If anyone has a 4 post tufflift/superhoist or similar on single phase that they want to sell please pm me...

Cheers

SpookyPT**)

Philm 09-03-2009 12:15 AM

HI Matt,
Have you looked at a new one, I think they are reasonably priced.

I would not trust a second hand one unless I knew the person who had it, when looking at Tufflift or superhoist.

Phil

Aussie Mike 09-03-2009 12:19 AM

Radum Have some pretty good deals on new hoists. They have a few different 4 posters and 2 posters available

http://www.radum.com.au/shopping/index.php?cPath=38_277

Cheers

750hp 09-03-2009 03:23 AM

...and if you look at the website that Aussie Mike suggested, the menu on the left of screen lists a whole category of "Toys for Girls".

Knowing Spooks past history, he probably has the whole catalogue in his bedside drawer...

Seriously though, those hoists seem like good value, even though 50 seconds lifting time isn't all that speedy for the 2 post.

Heidelberg 09-03-2009 04:07 AM

Hi Matt,

I purchased a "Pro-Park 8h" 4 post hoist from Tifflift Hoists in Melbourne earlier this year...The hoist I bought has a little extra in height (max 2100mm) and has a pretty decent weight capacity of 3600kg for a domestic value priced hoist...

At the time I was looking around for a hoist...a lot of the guys here on the CC forum recommended the Pro-Park hoists and I can agree with them now...I like my hoist and have no complaints.

Regards.....Paul

OZCOBRA 09-03-2009 05:12 AM

Spooky

GRAYSONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Regulary on average used $500 to a $1200
3 weeks ago 14 of them most were under a grand... there is an Auction about to start for an Automotive workshop in Vic.not sure of contents will keeep an eye out and let you know.... i buy everything from here wouldn't buy any where else.

Paul

Sorry just saw you were in QLD !!!!!! Still plenty up there and in Syd esp. if your Interested!!

BMK 09-04-2009 03:01 AM

I put a Tufflift in and have had no problem. I looked around for as cheaper unit and by the timer I did the pick up and install I was saving very little.

Second hand units are always a gamble...:eek:

OZCOBRA 09-04-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 980455)
I put a Tufflift in and have had no problem. I looked around for as cheaper unit and by the timer I did the pick up and install I was saving very little.

Second hand units are always a gamble...:eek:

bERNIE,
How are you my Friend??
Never ...never been disappointed with a well researched new or secondhand purchase (Except my 1st RCM)....especially from Grays...Ebay I would be weary of!!!
As long as it does the Job ,doesn't drop your Pride and Joy or drop on you ...a good Pressure clean and coat of paint and 2K in my pocket I'll gamble every time!!! :D

Road King 09-04-2009 06:06 AM

I also recently purchased and installed a Direct Lift - 4 post lift and for the money you can't beat the value. The model I bought was the Direct Lift Pro Park 8 Plus. Check the website - www.gregsmithequipment.com

Philm 09-04-2009 02:07 PM

I also have the propark 8 from directlift.

hsv300 09-04-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philm (Post 980620)
I also have the propark 8 from directlift.

I also have the Propark 8 works great.

Wazza 09-04-2009 03:45 PM

Hey Spook...

Have you considered a good 2 poster "clear floor" hoist from that same company?

I love having a hoist, and have found that with the clear floor, the two poster is excellent for whipping off the wheels and getting at things a lot easier.

Just thought it might be a consideration.

Cheers,
Warren.

I

steeler 09-04-2009 04:13 PM

My 4 post hoist is a “shift N Lift” from “Super Hoist plus” 02 04860 3333.
Including the caster kit, Jacking bar and 3 drip trays, was $3700 delivered.
Easy to build and very solid, no need to bolt to the floor, (floor bolts are supplied)
Single phase, extremely well packed for delivery.
Cobra on top, C2 Corvette underneath, works for me.
Terry. :)

Merv and Sharon 09-04-2009 04:32 PM

This one Warren?

http://www.mile-x.com/bend-pak-xpr-9-2-post-lift.aspx

Merv

BMK 09-04-2009 05:17 PM

OZCOBRA

Yes good here.

I spent the few extra dollars and purchased the Tufflift and as I said it was worth the money. It was installed and tested for around $3,900. I also had all the extras thrown in. The jacks, tray, wheels etc etc.

The main reason I went new was the ease of purchase and no mucking around. I do not have the spare time or trailers to pick up...%/

My insurance - this is an office also - is very specific about equipment with new versus older and warranties etc. Basically, I'm not covered for unwarranted second hand equipment more than three years old purchased. Just my policy for the business will fully cover any item under three old or purchased by me from new.

So this was a big influence on my purchase as well. Guess it is not a concern for uninsured equipment. Mmm not to mention the taxxx right off..:3DSMILE:

hsv300 09-04-2009 05:19 PM

This is the one I got had it for over 2 years now no problems at all.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2454/...9d1f31f195.jpg

Wazza 09-05-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 980660)

Hi Merv,

Mine is a " clear floor " hoist....

i.e. the joiner bar is above the hoist....

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...HL9000LLD-.jpg

Good for my warehouse, 'cause I can wheel pallets under the racecar when It's up out of the way.

Cheers,
Warren

spookypt 09-05-2009 06:29 PM

Yeah, I've considered that Wazza but height and width mean it won't fit not to mention my floor wouldn't be rated to bolt it down.! Bugger!

Merv and Sharon 09-06-2009 01:06 AM

OK thanks Warren. I have a house with a 2.5 car space - pretty normal modern two car garage and I was wondering if there is anything that can be used within those parameters that still allows you to get under the car better than trolley jacks and a creeper?

Merv

hsv300 09-06-2009 01:16 AM

Merv my hoist is in a 6m wide x 18m long shed, I can get a car and caravan in and out without moving the hoist as long as you have the hight you should be fine.

Greg