Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lnfletcher
  • 1 Post By lnfletcher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B,351w
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone install Cobra Earl's Foot Box Vent kit?

Hey guys,
I'm located in northern CA and it gets pretty damn hot in the summer. I've been looking at this kit for a while and wondering if anyone has installed the kit in a B&B POST build.

My car is completely together and just wondering how difficult it would be to install?

I've researched peoples opinion in the FF forums and here, just looking to see if anyone has done it with their B&B? Mine was built in 2008 with 351w.

Here is a link to the kit
http://www.cobraearl.com/products/#TFB

Link from search in this subforum. Looks like PatrickT has done the tubing w/o the blowers.
side vent induction
Old 02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am still in the planing stages but have thought about installing them in my build please let us know how it turns out if you decide to install them.

Kevin
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

I thought about it, but I have yet to need it. I have driven mine in extreme heat and my feet don't seem to be the problem.
Mostly my face or arms get sunburned or I just generally get sweaty but my feet don't seem to get that hot. May be the insulation I used.?
35olds likes this.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfletcher View Post
I thought about it, but I have yet to need it. I have driven mine in extreme heat and my feet don't seem to be the problem.
Mostly my face or arms get sunburned or I just generally get sweaty but my feet don't seem to get that hot. May be the insulation I used.?
Thanks for the input. What kind of insulation and where did you use it?

I found one of my problems yesterday. Underneath the dash on the drivers side the builder did not seal the dash against the firewall and side fender. So I have like a 2" gap running along the side all the way up to the firewal past the steering colum.

I'll post some pictures. I'm trying to figure out the best way to seal that area now that the car/body are together. I was thinking of fiberglass, but man it's ging to be tought to get up in there.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

It can be done. Send me an email and I will send you some pictures. I talked to a boat builder and he gave me some pointers.

Wayne
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

I don't have a B&B, but I do have it installed in my car. If it's hot air outside, it's hot air that is dumping in to the footbox. You can buy all the parts yourself, if you really want to do it, from a marine/boat store. Basically the same fans/ducting used in getting fuel vapors from an enclosed boat engine compartment. Does it help? PM me so I don't say anything in a public forum if you want to know. My .02 worth. See this link for installation - This is from the CD he sends with the kit as well as my install - http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...Footbox%20Kit/
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeers6 View Post
Thanks for the input. What kind of insulation and where did you use it?

I found one of my problems yesterday. Underneath the dash on the drivers side the builder did not seal the dash against the firewall and side fender. So I have like a 2" gap running along the side all the way up to the firewal past the steering colum.

I'll post some pictures. I'm trying to figure out the best way to seal that area now that the car/body are together. I was thinking of fiberglass, but man it's ging to be tought to get up in there.
The best way to seal that gap is from the fender well. It has to be done with the body on so it doesn't matter if it is finished. See if it is the same as mine:
http://lnfletcher.homeip.net/66Cobra/glassing.html

The insulation I used is what came with the interior. Seems to work pretty good because I can't feel the heat from the engine compartment unless I have really been running it hard then sit still for a long period of time.
Before I sealed all of my gaps and while I was testing it, I could feel the heat from the headers from over the firewall on each side, I'll bet this is what your feeling.
35olds likes this.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfletcher View Post
The best way to seal that gap is from the fender well. It has to be done with the body on so it doesn't matter if it is finished. See if it is the same as mine:
http://lnfletcher.homeip.net/66Cobra/glassing.html

The insulation I used is what came with the interior. Seems to work pretty good because I can't feel the heat from the engine compartment unless I have really been running it hard then sit still for a long period of time.
Before I sealed all of my gaps and while I was testing it, I could feel the heat from the headers from over the firewall on each side, I'll bet this is what your feeling.

Thanks !! This is exactly what mine looks like at the top on the drivers side. I haven't checked the bottom, but I'm guessing it looks like same and that is why there is so much heat on my feet.

I'll take a look at the raka website and see what I need for the amount of sealing I plan to do.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Vent your brakes not your feet...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeers6 View Post
Thanks !! This is exactly what mine looks like at the top on the drivers side. I haven't checked the bottom, but I'm guessing it looks like same and that is why there is so much heat on my feet.

I'll take a look at the raka website and see what I need for the amount of sealing I plan to do.
Not only will it stop the heat, but it will make the car much tighter. Doors close better, less flexing noise.
I drove mine for a year or so before I glassed these in and it made a big difference on the structure of the car. Just put a lot of covering over whatever you don't want the epoxy on.

Tags
cobra, earl, footbox, vents