Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/)
-   -   B&B 5 Point Harness Install (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/21803-b-b-5-point-harness-install.html)

Blake Olson 11-21-2002 07:12 AM

B&B 5 Point Harness Install

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,

I finally got the 5 point harness installed in the B&B. The carpet that B&B uses "runs" easily, so be careful when cutting the holes behind the seat.

Here's some photos of the rear install. There is a piece of 2" square tubing tha the roll bar is installed on, drill holes(one of each side) through that....grade 8 bolt/washer/lockwasher/nut..and you're done.

I had a custom made bracket for the anti-submarine belt made..I forgot to take photos before I put the seats in. I will do it tonight and post photos. It's really trick.

This will get you started...more to follow tommorrow.

Blake Olson 11-21-2002 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more...

OhBuoy 11-21-2002 08:19 AM

Blake,

Beggars should not be choosy, but could you get some pics with a little more light. Also, it looks like you have a rough edge where that strap passes through the fiberglass. any plans for doing something to prevent that from chaffing the shoulder straps. Also, pics of where the lap belt attaches would be great.

Tom

Blake Olson 11-21-2002 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will tonight..let me get a shop light down in there...it's hard to tell on a digital until it's on my computer...

It looks rough and tight..but I actually filed it down and it's smooth....

blake

OhBuoy 11-21-2002 08:36 AM

Also, one last question, what size belts did you use?

Tom

Blake Olson 11-21-2002 09:07 AM

RCI's ... 3".

summit part number: RCI-9310D $69.00 /ea

Universal, nylon, black, 3 in. wide, 5-point, Y-type harness and submarine belt kit

This 5-point restraint from RCI fully exceeds SFI spec 16.1, so you'll be as secure as a harness can make you. You get a 3 in. Y-type shoulder harness, 3 in. lap belt, and a 3 in. submarine belt. The belt is secured by a latch style buckle, which is strong, compact, and allows you to tell at a glance if the belt is locked. This harness comes complete with hardware for roll bar or floor mounting.

GREENSNAKE 11-21-2002 04:24 PM

Belts

Hey Blake! Did a good job on the belts! Did it take ya very long? Been out cruisin yet? Im waiting for spring now i guess, But if its warm next week im hitting the road for Thanksgiving trip to the inlaws but wife said she will be behind me in a warm vehical lol chat at ya later ! Lonny (greensnake):3DSMILE:[/color]

JGlover 11-21-2002 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blake,
Are these the mounts that you used for the lap belts? Bryan sent me these pictures to show me how they install theirs. thanks, Jason

Blake Olson 11-22-2002 07:04 AM

these are for the shoulder belts. I will take pictures of the lap belts tommorrow...or at lunch if I get a chance....

How far along are you on your B&B build?

blake

richard lucero 11-22-2002 08:53 AM

Holes in carpet

A helpful hint when cutting holes in carpet. I just installed my 5 point belts. I used a piece of tubing and sharpened the end with a file, positioned it where I wanted the hole and drilled thru the rug and the insulation . I then drilled my hole where the "plug" was removed. Worked great. You do have to redress the tube after a few holes but the holes come out great!!!!! If you cant find the right size tube, drill a piece of round steel and sharpen the end. Richard

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,

finally got a chance to take the rest of the photos.

the "bracket" I had made works great. Local welding shop made it for $10.00(for both). seat bolts go right through it, and the anti-submarine works great.

let me know if you have any more questions.

blake

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's more....

OhBuoy 12-02-2002 08:16 AM

So, the bracket is essentially an L that bolts in with the seat and to the rear fiber glass, thus putting the lap belt behind the seat? Where does the Sub belt go? What did you do about front bolts on seats (mine might be different, I am using Sube's).

Tom

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and more....

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's more...

OhBuoy 12-02-2002 08:19 AM

Could you either post measurements for your brackets. Or, even better, what are the chances of getting 4 brackets made up and shipped out? I would throw a little extra in for your parts fund.

Tom

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:20 AM

The brackets are actually threaded...so the the seat bolts strait to the the bracket.

blake

Blake Olson 12-02-2002 08:28 AM

I actually didn't make the seat brackets...B&B did...I just had the cross piece(for the anti-submarine belt) made.....the holes are "Tapped" and you just both right into the brackets. I will get yuo measurements...

do you need anymore photos?

blake

cslithergo 12-04-2002 08:20 AM

Mine are alomost exact copies of yours. I did run a cross bar instead of the one that goes to the floor pan. I bolted it on both sides. This is a monior thing but both seat now have a small storage area under them. I plan to put a door of some kind to keep things under there.
Chis

Blake Olson 12-04-2002 08:36 AM

can you take some photos? did you just put a door & hinge? key lock? great idea...i was thinking of putting a radio under there.

blake