Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Near 800RWHP Backdraft Completed (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/131802-near-800rwhp-backdraft-completed.html)

Cashburn 12-03-2014 09:24 AM

Near 800RWHP Backdraft Completed

Not sure how to check, but pretty sure it's the most power in a BDR at this point? Numbers are corrected (of course).

Need a different type of Test Pilots for this one :LOL:

NewYorkGuy 12-03-2014 10:43 AM

IMO, this is a reckless build. plastic body, 2200lb curb weight, short wheel base, no roll cage, crumble zone equal of a milk jug, 800 whp at wheels = emergency room.

Cashburn 12-03-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy (Post 1328361)
IMO, this is a reckless build. plastic body, 2200lb curb weight, short wheel base, no roll cage, crumble zone equal of a milk jug, 800 whp at wheels = emergency room.

But it's Green :rolleyes:

CobraV8 12-03-2014 11:23 AM

If some is good, then more is better and too much is just about right

Quote:

2200lb curb weight, short wheel base, no roll cage, crumble zone equal of a milk jug, 800 whp at wheels

exactly, as is right and proper for a Cobra ;)

twobjshelbys 12-03-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Oh, and one with 550HP/500TQ isn't? Look, all of these cars - short wheel base, lots of torque, high compression engines in the hands of the wrong person are headed to the emergency room (or worse, as we see a couple of times a year). Most of the people here are careful enough to operate the car, and skilled enough to know what to do when the car surprises you.

Congrats on the car, it's awesome!

BDR0572 12-03-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Had too go back and check mine, I could not find the plastic, I must of got cheated and got fiberglass :rolleyes:

Bernica 12-03-2014 11:56 AM

At least I don't see BFG's on it or I would already be saying R.I.P.:eek:
Keep an eye on those tires though and best of luck with it. It's a monstor.

Gaz64 12-03-2014 12:05 PM

I'd say nearly unstreetable, especially in the wrong hands.

No doubt it would smoke the tyres in 3rd gear, Ist and 2nd will be useless.

Unless it has traction control.

500hp+ is certainly enough.

itstock 12-03-2014 01:00 PM

Damn that is nearly perfect! Well done!

itstock 12-03-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz64 (Post 1328371)
I'd say nearly unstreetable, especially in the wrong hands.

No doubt it would smoke the tyres in 3rd gear, Ist and 2nd will be useless.

Unless it has traction control.

500hp+ is certainly enough.

It is dependent on the tire, and more importantly how you apply the throttle. It is 100 percent streetable, I am sure, if you don't hammer the gas pedal at every single stop. You don't need to hold the pedal to the floor to go anywhere, unless you drive a Nissan leaf. And there is only one Nissan leaf driver in this thread that I am aware of. Are you number two?

Bernica 12-03-2014 01:18 PM

[quote=And there is only one Nissan leaf driver in this thread that I am aware of. Are you number two?[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine traded his BMW M6 for a Prius lately. I have since stopped talking to him for a while...:confused:

Cashburn 12-03-2014 01:30 PM

Well the owner of the car was after something unique and with insane power. That does not mean he has to go out and drive it like an idiot... It actually is currently on a set of Goodyear Billboards and there is a set of 18s for it to swap with some Hoosier R6s mounted up.

I had to get out in it for some miles in "street trim" so the Goodyears were on. It was just about 60F air temp, but ground frozen already. Needless to say it appears boring on film, but it certainly was not in the driver's seat. I never put it passed 1/2 gas and no stabbing it. I was to 100+mph quick enough. But it was busy roads with a hint of rain and temps dropping so away it went. Not to mention it's setup for E85 and there is only 1 pump in the entire state with it and I would never make it there on a 1/4 tank.

It can be driven like a 70hp leaf car, at idle it's got a gentle hum. The boost rolls in at 4k but under that it's making plenty of power to enjoy it for sure. Would I ever stand on it on the street ... no way!!! Clutch is light etc. Easy to drive.

CHANMADD 12-03-2014 02:04 PM

I can tell you there are precious few times my throttle hits the floor...

RodKnock 12-03-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by Nissan, NYC MTA, Petco and Tidy Cat, the world's best clumping kitty litter. :LOL:

cycleguy55 12-03-2014 03:16 PM

Being one of Patrick's converts, I'll ask this question: Has it been corner-weighted?

Cashburn 12-03-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleguy55 (Post 1328404)
Being one of Patrick's converts, I'll ask this question: Has it been corner-weighted?

Not yet. We have the scales ready though.

Bernica 12-03-2014 03:20 PM

Don't encourage him. We have killed that horse!

madmaxx 12-03-2014 06:30 PM

Thank you!!!!! I watched that beast ramp up about 20 times on the video. I am out of breath!!

madmaxx 12-03-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1328362)
But it's Green :rolleyes:

Since you are a respectable business man and can't say it I will, NYG shut the fk up:JEKYLHYDE

Gaz64 12-04-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstock (Post 1328380)
You don't need to hold the pedal to the floor to go anywhere, unless you drive a Nissan leaf. And there is only one Nissan leaf driver in this thread that I am aware of. Are you number two?

I don't intend on ever owning a Nissan Leaf.

I've owned 400hp cars, I've owned a 270kph Superkart, have driven 600hp cars, mechanic for over 30 years. You cannot own AND drive something like that 800 hp Cobra in Australia. Period.

Good luck to those who think they can.