Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   New Backdraft Owner (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/132621-new-backdraft-owner.html)

csw 03-02-2015 07:30 PM

New Backdraft Owner

Well, after years of wishing, looking, researching, driving my wife crazy talking about Cobras, We finally pulled the trigger on a Backdraft. Can't say enough about Reg and Frank for the hospitality over the weekend and Jay for his insight over the last few years helping direct me to what I wanted. Thank you for the knowledge shared by Dean Lampe, Mr Mustang Bill, Lovehmr and Clois Harlan to help confirm my decision. And finally, thank you to my wife for being on board with purchasing it so we can make memories with our family. Can't wait to see the smiles on my wife and kids faces as well as hopefully meet up with some of you guys in Georgia.
Now for the info:
Backdraft 949
900 miles
392 FMS Crate
Royal Blue with White Stripes

Trying to upload picture because I know it didn't happen without one, but if keeps uploading it correctly, but once in the preview mode it comes in upside down. Suggestions so I can prove we got it would be appreciated!

ssqpolo 03-02-2015 07:36 PM

Congrats and welcome to the BDR family

lovehamr 03-03-2015 10:46 AM

Excellent! If you're driving up 95 stop in Brunswick and drop me a line!

csw 03-03-2015 12:03 PM

Lovehamr, Having it shipped back up here, but hopefully we can meet up sometime! We have friends in your neck of the woods, so I'll let you know if and when we head over to that side of the state. Thanks for your advice a few months ago.

Cashburn 03-03-2015 12:03 PM

There goes the neighborhood...

csw 03-03-2015 12:08 PM

Jay, thanks for all your advice and willingness to share your knowledge regarding the BDR over the past few years. You are truly a great ambassador for the brand. I ran across this one on consign and the deal I felt was too good to pass up. Can't wait to see my wife and kids reaction when they see it! Now if I could figure out a way to upload the picture so it doesn't come in upside down!

sierramadre 03-03-2015 12:12 PM

That's awesome. Congrats. Look forward to seeing pictures of that bad boy...

csw 03-05-2015 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures of Backdraft 949

Kobura 03-06-2015 03:25 AM

Congratulations! Welcome to the Club! Nice photos of your car! Enjoy, but drive carefully.

csw 03-06-2015 05:45 AM

Thanks Kobura, but no worries as my hope is to make many memories with the wife and kids. At the end of day, that's why we do what we do...all about them being able to look back and remember the great times!

cycleguy55 03-06-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csw (Post 1341826)
Thanks Kobura, but no worries as my hope is to make many memories with the wife and kids. At the end of day, that's why we do what we do...all about them being able to look back and remember the great times!

Agreed - more memories, fewer regrets.

SpecOp1 03-21-2015 07:05 AM

Welcome to the BDR family.

If in North Georgia...give a holler...Bill # 1058

vref120 03-21-2015 07:53 AM

Congrats.

jhv48 03-21-2015 02:12 PM

Beautiful car. You'll have many years of fun driving.
Hate to be the party pooper here, but please don't drive with both kids in the car.

Or if you do, put your least favorite in the center.

csw 03-21-2015 03:45 PM

No worries, as they both only got to ride together for the first ride! Now, we have tears as to who will ride to and from places. We have taken it out for 2 weekends and the smiles on my kids' faces are priceless...not to mention the smiles on others faces! Actually did our first car show today and loved to hear the stories about seeing and riding in an original and answer the questions from lookers. Attention is crazy, especially when you drive a truck the rest of the week!

henrik 03-22-2015 07:33 AM

Congratulation - take care...

Zeke 05-01-2015 03:56 PM

is that a 427 ??

csw 05-01-2015 05:04 PM

No zeke, it is a ford crate 392 but more than enough hp to scare you if you're not careful.

mvnaz 06-06-2015 06:15 PM

Two thumbs up!

Zeke 06-11-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csw (Post 1347063)
No zeke, it is a ford crate 392 but more than enough hp to scare you if you're not careful.

very cool.... this is exactly what I am looking for. Indego Blue with white stripes. Just 14 more house payments and she's mine! :p