Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Suggestion for indoor cover (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/132926-suggestion-indoor-cover.html)

aa909 04-12-2015 02:01 PM

Suggestion for indoor cover

As the title says, looking for a nice soft indoor cover. I have the version backdraft sells and while it has a soft inner lining, the cover is a POS. it literally leaves lint all over the car. I used it after washing my car, took it off a week later and the car was covered in dust/lint. I'd like something like the indoor car cover I have for my Porsche. It's excellent and fits like a glove.

Appreciate any suggestions and experiences you can share

Ohio Ken 04-12-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aa909 (Post 1344905)
As the title says, looking for a nice soft indoor cover. I have the version backdraft sells and while it has a soft inner lining, the cover is a POS. it literally leaves lint all over the car. I used it after washing my car, took it off a week later and the car was covered in dust/lint. I'd like something like the indoor car cover I have for my Porsche. It's excellent and fits like a glove.

Appreciate any suggestions and experiences you can share

I actually am using a Porsche cover on my Cobra, and it fits great! You should try the fit and buy a second one like it if it fits. My cover was given to me by a friend that sold his car.

Large Arbor 04-12-2015 07:08 PM

I would be interested too for finding a good indoor cover. Dust goes right through the one I have.

Phil

vref120 04-12-2015 07:43 PM

Ive been using a California cover since I got mine a year ago. While it does leave a small amount lint on the car because of the lining, I've been very happy with it. Fits perfectly.

hawk 325 04-12-2015 08:19 PM

I second the California cover, have not had a lint or dust problem with mine.

427BDR 04-13-2015 04:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Did some searches, what do you think about this?

Coverking Satin Stretch Custom Car Cover for Shelby Cobra 289 427 and Daytona | eBay

BADSN8K 04-13-2015 05:20 PM

indoor ebay cover

Pricy and 250-489 for an indoor cover

6t8stang 04-14-2015 09:37 AM

My father and I each have Coverking covers purchased through Costco. Only about $120.

TimeForACobra 04-14-2015 09:49 AM

Indoor Car Cover

For indoor storage I love my California Car Cover - Dustop Car Cover. Handles the dust very well. It's a little thicker/bulkier so I hope it handles bumps a little more than a thin cover.

California Car Cover Company - Car Cover Materials

Click More Info....

BDR0572 04-15-2015 07:52 PM

This what I use and it works great for my BDR and it was only 45 dollars, goes all the way to the ground to create a half ass seal around the car. have had it on the car since Dec 2014 ,every time I pull it the car is ready to go , no dusting required. my .02$

Ford Mustang 6 Layer Car Cover Fitted Outdoor Water Proof Rain Snow Sun Dust

BAsque1 04-18-2015 04:10 AM

I would love one with the parachute material texture, but can't find it anywhere, any recommendations?

Young1 04-18-2015 06:51 PM

I use an indoor cover from Jegs. Got it at Christmas. 50 bucks. Does the job. Just measure the length of your car. It is baggy looking though

Randy Rosenberg 04-19-2015 07:57 AM

Here's another vote for California Car Cover - I prefer the Plush Weave for both indoor and occasional outdoor storage. I've purchased this cover for all of my cars. With regards to lint, yes, in the beginning they do leave some lint behind, however I have found that after a wash or two, lint is no longer an issue. For me, lint is not an issue, as I use an anti-static detail spray before covering my cars, so with a quick "swish" of a California Duster, the lint is quickly gone.

vref120 04-19-2015 12:32 PM

I have the cotton weave cover on mine, but what's the best way to wash these things? Mine could use it after a year.

fordracing65 04-19-2015 12:54 PM

I have a dustproof cover that I used on my Kirkham, I have 2 since I sold my superformance, PM me if interested in buying...it's a Weathershield HP cover from Covercraft, you can google that model for all the info, and it comes in red...

Late Apex 04-20-2015 09:49 AM

Cal car covers make the best by far. Pricy but well worth it. Plus with their top of the line cover thats custom made fits a Cobra precisely. You can select a color too and either with one or two roll bars. Optional personalization on the front too. About 390.00 and free delivery for their best one.

fordracing65 04-20-2015 10:28 AM

It's funny how people will spend 60k plus on a cobra then ***** when they have to pay $300 plus on a cover, you have to pay to play, especially if you want quality...

jarheadbpa 04-20-2015 11:41 AM

Anyone have a Lonestar? I am wanting to see if the California car cover will fit the same since the measurements are just a little different than other manufacturers.

427BDR 04-26-2015 07:02 PM

Thanks guys. Likely going to order from cal car cover or from cover kings. Will post pics when I get it.

fordracing65 04-27-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 427BDR (Post 1346409)
Thanks guys. Likely going to order from cal car cover or from cover kings. Will post pics when I get it.

covercraft has the best materials with the most patterns, just an fyi