Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Still shopping for used BDR (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/140149-still-shopping-used-bdr.html)

jeffnolan 03-04-2018 12:04 PM

This is off topic but I really scratch my head about cars with so few miles. #1350 has 2,280 miles on the odometer... I have #1333, approaching 15k miles.

“Driven on the street to car shows and local tours” sums up the mileage but I’m left to wonder why anyone would buy a car like this and not drive it for the enjoyment of actually driving it. But then again, car shows are a mystery to me even though I did take my Porsche over to a PCA event this morning (putting the car in the ‘cars and coffee’ event was a good parking option while I went to the market... they were a little mystified when I came back 40 minutes later and left.)

chrisd0729 03-04-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnolan (Post 1439811)
This is off topic but I really scratch my head about cars with so few miles. #1350 has 2,280 miles on the odometer... I have #1333, approaching 15k miles.

“Driven on the street to car shows and local tours” sums up the mileage but I’m left to wonder why anyone would buy a car like this and not drive it for the enjoyment of actually driving it. But then again, car shows are a mystery to me even though I did take my Porsche over to a PCA event this morning (putting the car in the ‘cars and coffee’ event was a good parking option while I went to the market... they were a little mystified when I came back 40 minutes later and left.)

Even better... finally found a car and closed the deal Friday. An early 2017 VMS build with 540 miles. Should have it next week!

PHMCobra 03-04-2018 01:51 PM

Chris, pleased to hear you purchased a like-new Backdraft Cobra. And your purchase was from VMS, much closer to home. Enjoy your Cobra as I do mine. Phil

chrisd0729 03-04-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHMCobra (Post 1439818)
Chris, pleased to hear you purchased a like-new Backdraft Cobra. And your purchase was from VMS, much closer to home. Enjoy your Cobra as I do mine. Phil

Phil, thanks so much for the good words and for the lead on this one. It was a great find and the seller is a pleasure to work with.
Chris

pheagles 03-04-2018 03:16 PM

Great to hear you found a match.

jeffnolan 03-04-2018 09:30 PM

nicely done. Enjoy the car... drive it extensively.

chrisd0729 03-04-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnolan (Post 1439847)
nicely done. Enjoy the car... drive it extensively.

Thanks much and I definitely will! I like finding super low mileage cars cause I know I’ll drive them a bunch and then I don’t feel so bad. One of my other cars is an 02 Viper ACR from a collector that put 3k miles on it 14 years. I put 1500 in the first year and will add a bunch more this summer :-)

1SwtRide 03-08-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd0729 (Post 1439814)
Even better... finally found a car and closed the deal Friday. An early 2017 VMS build with 540 miles. Should have it next week!

That's great news!! Enjoy the heck out of it. Obviously you need to post of pictures for our enjoyment. :cool: VMS for the WIN!