Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Still shopping for used BDR (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/140149-still-shopping-used-bdr.html)

chrisd0729 02-06-2018 07:06 PM

Still shopping for used BDR
 
In case anyone knows of something available, I’m hoping to find a car by summer. Looking for a used BDR, few years old, <2000 miles. Kind of picky, looking for silver, grey or blue and must be blk interior. Prefer big block however, will do small block if all else is good.
Thanks in advance.

Cashburn 02-07-2018 09:44 AM

I have a customer interested in selling this car: The Gallery / Roadsters / BDR1447 | \\VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS

About 2 years old with only 965 miles. Owner needs $55,000 for it.

twobjshelbys 02-07-2018 09:46 AM

427 Cobra Country--Ford AC Cobra replica manufacturers SUPER-SITE

PHMCobra 02-07-2018 02:52 PM

I have a Backdraft Cobra (Build No. 1360) that I purchased new in January, 2015. The color is Sterling Grey with Silver stripes (an absolute twin to the car shown by Cashburn in his previous Post). The car has a 427R Roush (dyno'd at 551 HP and 528 lb-ft torque), 18-inch wheels, Falcon tires, 6-speed Tremec Magnum tranny. The car has accumulated 1674 loving miles--never in the rain, always garaged, less than 100 miles on the freeway, just to/from the local golf/tennis club, never had a burnout, lived its life in sunny, dry Phoenix, AZ climate. Replaced one windshield and one battery and added a right side matching mirror. Other than that, I turn the key and enjoy the wonderful Backdraft Cobra ride. The car is in show condition. Interested? Let me know. I can provide more details. (I am not smart enough to attach pics in this Club Cobra website. I can send pics through Email.)

chrisd0729 02-07-2018 09:17 PM

PM's sent! Thanks guys

planmgb 02-08-2018 04:40 PM

purchasing as soon as next week
 
I am interested in buying a BDC my name is Markus 972-365-0606

planmgb 02-08-2018 04:41 PM

I am interested in you car if you could email me markus@markusbyrd.com

Oceanfast 02-10-2018 07:56 PM

Bdc 1360
 
PHM
If Marcus passes on your Backdraft, I would very much
Like to learn more
I missed a Silver Gray with Ghost stripes
Roush, black carpet and Red leather, by 1 day last fall
That was located in AZ
I was traveling at that time, and I wasn’t ready
Ready now, funds in hand, but I am also
Particular and will know if yours is the one
When I see a couple of photos
Weather will be getting warmer soon and
More inventory will be starting to be posted
Please let me know how to find out more
Oceanfast

chrisd0729 02-10-2018 08:01 PM

Hey guys, what's up with the hijack? I posted looking for the car and I don't get a spot in line?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanfast (Post 1438153)
PHM
If Marcus passes on your Backdraft, I would very much
Like to learn more
I missed a Silver Gray with Ghost stripes
Roush, black carpet and Red leather, by 1 day last fall
That was located in AZ
I was traveling at that time, and I wasn’t ready
Ready now, funds in hand, but I am also
Particular and will know if yours is the one
When I see a couple of photos
Weather will be getting warmer soon and
More inventory will be starting to be posted
Please let me know how to find out more
Oceanfast


Oceanfast 02-10-2018 08:38 PM

Chris
Sorry, I saw that you sent PMs to Cashburn and PHM, figured that you were already 1st in line
My apologies, I am new to this site (or any bulletin board) so I am learning as I go. My bad.
I will step back for a week and post a separate WTB post

chrisd0729 02-10-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanfast (Post 1438159)
Chris
Sorry, I saw that you sent PMs to Cashburn and PHM, figured that you were already 1st in line
My apologies, I am new to this site (or any bulletin board) so I am learning as I go. My bad.
I will step back for a week and post a separate WTB post

Ha ha no worries. Was just busting stones. I did get some pics and need to call back.

PHMCobra 02-11-2018 07:22 AM

Oceanfast,

Send me a PM with your Email address and I will forward the same info and pics of my Backdraft Cobra as I sent to Chris and Markus.

tpatodd 02-12-2018 06:39 AM

BTW -- love to see folks trying to pass their BDR's this way. I cringe when I see them on eBay. lol

jeffnolan 02-13-2018 04:37 PM

Why? Is someone buying a Backdraft from ebay illegitimate?

Millsy 02-13-2018 05:20 PM

Ebay sellers are the worst. I have been trying to buy an old school station wagon with the wood grain sides and I have gone to look at cars where the pics must of been years old because they didnt match the condition of the car. Try asking for more photos and its like pulling teeth. If you are selling a Cobra of any kind then do it somewhere else because Ebay has a bad reputation. I wouldnt buy a $50,000 plus car off of ebay but to each there own.

tpatodd 02-14-2018 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnolan (Post 1438433)
Why? Is someone buying a Backdraft from ebay illegitimate?

Your words, not mine. I just like seeing folks on here who have a passion for them connect.

jeffnolan 02-14-2018 04:35 PM

I’m just curious to hear your POV on the matter.

RT3_1350 02-14-2018 09:37 PM

Backdraft 427 for sale - fully optioned
 
Hi Chris, My Backdraft is for sale. Here are the details and I can send lots of photos if you email me. mlarmstr(at)comcast.net
Call Mark at 541-914-5877

1965 COBRA - BACKDRAFT RACING RT3 #1350 -- VERY WELL OPTIONED
- 2280 miles.
-Motor: Iconic Custom built 427ci (480 hp)
-Transmission: Tremec TKO 600 5 speed manual with overdrive
-Complete with Backdraft Racing Manual with service
-Colors: Steel Grey Metallic / Ford Race Red Stripes (1 of 1)...only one ever built by Backdraft factory (apparently so far) with this custom color combination. This was a special order and took 7 months to get.
-Ceramic headers and side pipes
-Wilwood Big Disk Brakes - 6 piston front, 4 piston rear - red calipers
-18" True knock off wheels - wired
-Auto Meter classic gauges - oil temp, oil pressure, tach, water temp, volt, fuel, speed in original style layout
-Heater (driver and passenger under dash vents)
-BMW suspension: coil overs front, independent rear
-Limited slip differential
-Radiator aluminum bug protector - removable for cleaning
-Classic style oil cooler in front lower opening as in the original racing versions
-Paint protection - across entire front and rear fenders
-Raydot mirror - driver
-Custom black with red accents tonneau cover included
-CROW Seat belts - red cam lock style (4 point)
-Very rare Momo leather steering wheel black and red matching color
-Indoor custom car cover included
-2 sets of keys included
-Cobra classic front and rear badges
-Cobra classic side Ford 427 badges
-Floor mat matching black carpet with Backdraft logo included
-Decals shown in photos are static cling and come off/on easy with water and squeegee for car shows
-Two mechanics rubberized fender protectors for working on engine - with Backdraft logo included
-Engine Ford classic cobra valve covers and air cleaner
-MSD Blaster SS Coil
-Holley Street Avenger Carb with electric choke
This car has been meticulously maintained and very well kept in heated garage with a soft cover that is included with the vehicle. Titled as: 1965 Cobra Roadster (Replica) in Oregon.

This car has won several car show trophies and even best of show. Driven on the street to car shows and local tours. Originally tuned by Ford Master mechanic and it runs and drives great!

Call Mark at 541-914-5877
Also, I have a Serpent Express trailer for this car which is also available for sale - inquire if you are interested

chrisd0729 02-25-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHMCobra (Post 1437962)
I have a Backdraft Cobra (Build No. 1360) that I purchased new in January, 2015. The color is Sterling Grey with Silver stripes (an absolute twin to the car shown by Cashburn in his previous Post). The car has a 427R Roush (dyno'd at 551 HP and 528 lb-ft torque), 18-inch wheels, Falcon tires, 6-speed Tremec Magnum tranny. The car has accumulated 1674 loving miles--never in the rain, always garaged, less than 100 miles on the freeway, just to/from the local golf/tennis club, never had a burnout, lived its life in sunny, dry Phoenix, AZ climate. Replaced one windshield and one battery and added a right side matching mirror. Other than that, I turn the key and enjoy the wonderful Backdraft Cobra ride. The car is in show condition. Interested? Let me know. I can provide more details. (I am not smart enough to attach pics in this Club Cobra website. I can send pics through Email.)

Hey Phil, I was hoping to come see the car in early March but my trip was just cancelled. I shot an email over but, wanted to follow up here as well. Let me know if the car is still available? I wanted to ask some questons about the car and possibly send a local inspector to check out the car.
Thanks,
Chris

IMLost 02-27-2018 07:26 PM

No offense intended but if you're going to spend that much on a car break loose with a ticket and make sure you like the feel under your ass. What may be a 10 to someone else might be a 7 to you. You'll know it when you see and feel it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: