Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Anyone familiar w/ Frank Carrol in Fla? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/96322-anyone-familiar-w-frank-carrol-fla.html)

LudicrousSpeed 04-16-2009 10:24 PM

Anyone familiar w/ Frank Carrol in Fla?

Hi Guys

Question for all who know him. I see his adds in Ebay every now & then. Sells nice inexpensive trinkets and the occasional Backdraft Roadster. :confused:

Anyone familiar with him or his operation?

Thanks
-Mark

Bailey 04-17-2009 03:44 AM

Mark,
I know Frank well, great guy, solid, no worries there.
Send me a PM if you have any questions,
Richard Bailey

BDR561 04-17-2009 04:15 AM

Is that Frank and his wife Carrol? Lauderdale, FL?

yamazee 04-17-2009 10:58 AM

If you are talking about Frank in Boyton Beach at Backdraft, and I am pretty sure you are. No worries, he is a great guy, he also happens to be Reg's dad. They have both been awsome to deal with. Matter of fact all the guys down there at Backdraft have gone above and beyond anytime I ever needed anything. I bought a top from another Backdraft owner second hand, the guys down there did not have to do anything to help me since I did not purchase it from them. Not only did Craig go out of his way, but he sent me the part I was missing free of charge and would not accept money even for the shipping costs.
I cant say enough good things about the Backdraft guys, or their products. Simply awsome cars, and even better people to deal with. You'll enjoy working with them.

LudicrousSpeed 04-17-2009 12:13 PM

Thanks Yam,

I'm sold on Backdraft. Wasnt aware that Frank was Reg's Dad, tho Frank did mention his son would be at the Knotts show representing Backdraft with a couple of cars. Makes perfect sense now. Also explains the accent:p

Very nice gentleman.

I was planning on waiting a little longer but he's advertising a Roush powered BDR on Ebay for low forties thats almost too good to pass up.

Got the Bug 04-17-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LudicrousSpeed (Post 941039)
Thanks Yam,

I'm sold on Backdraft. Wasnt aware that Frank was Reg's Dad, tho Frank did mention his son would be at the Knotts show representing Backdraft with a couple of cars. Makes perfect sense now. Also explains the accent:p

Very nice gentleman.

I was planning on waiting a little longer but he's advertising a Roush powered BDR on Ebay for low forties thats almost too good to pass up.

And the crowd on the sidelines cheered..."pull the trigger!" :3DSMILE:

RodKnock 04-17-2009 01:27 PM

"Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy." Oops wrong chant. :LOL:

rodneym 04-17-2009 01:48 PM

Hell ya!

Mark,

That's a screamin' deal.

DO IT ! ! !

thunderball 04-17-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got the Bug (Post 941046)
And the crowd on the sidelines cheered..."pull the trigger!" :3DSMILE:

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.Lol.

LudicrousSpeed 04-17-2009 03:27 PM

DoneDeal.

More details to follow...
:D

Got the Bug 04-17-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LudicrousSpeed (Post 941097)
More details to follow...
:D

Awesome!! I hope that means a truck is heading your way. :D

RodKnock 04-17-2009 03:53 PM

Sold! Very nice very low mileage BDR. Congratulations.

Cashburn 04-17-2009 04:51 PM

Congrats. Get everything sorted so they can load it up on the way to Knotts.

yamazee 04-21-2009 06:00 AM

Congrats, many many safe, but fun and screaming miles to you. Hope you enjoy your new ride, sounds like you got a screaming deal. Where are you located at?

Got the Bug 04-21-2009 06:59 AM

LS - I never saw the car when it was for sale on eBay. Where are the pics man?

RodKnock 04-21-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got the Bug (Post 942081)
LS - I never saw the car when it was for sale on eBay. Where are the pics man?

I believe this is it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb...1%7C240%3A1318

Got the Bug 04-21-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 942120)

Thanks for the link Rodney.

LS - Looks awesome....great buy as well! You'll be very happy with Roush 402SR.

LudicrousSpeed 04-21-2009 03:07 PM

Yamazee...I'm in Socal, just north of LA. I'm about to relocate to North County San Diego (where I'm from).

It actually worked out better than originally hoped for. I called Frank directly, and after much begging & pleading, made a deal.
:)

I will be picking the car up at the Knotts show this weekend. I also got half off the shipping with the understanding that the car will be displayed at the Backdraft booth, then I can drive it home at shows end.

Pics will follow:):3DSMILE::D

Thanks for all the great info & comments guys, I'm REALLY looking forward to joining the club!

RodKnock 04-21-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LudicrousSpeed (Post 942194)
It actually worked out better than originally hoped for. I called Frank directly, and after much begging & pleading, made a deal.
:)

I will be picking the car up at the Knotts show this weekend. I also got half off the shipping with the understanding that the car will be displayed at the Backdraft booth, then I can drive it home at shows end.

That's fantastic and, of course, they can't just display a dirty car, so I'm sure the full show quality detail is included too. ;) :D

Rwillia4 04-21-2009 04:35 PM

Smoking deal is an understatement!!! Most have spent at least 10K more and then had to put it together!

Just make sure they straighten the engine. (look for the sidepipes to run parallel to the body)