Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III, Roush 427 SRX
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Big Shout-out to Steve at Mustang Ranch

Mustang Ranch did the engine install on my Superformance Cobra this past winter, and they did a great job. But it's really rare that you get this kind of service...

The other night I was driving around town close to home and suddenly the clutch made a "pop" noise and I lost all clutch feel and I couldn't shift. Fortunately, I was only 2 blocks from home, a couple friends came over and we pushed it back to my garage.

The next day I called Steve Wood at Mustang Ranch and told him what happened. Without hesitation, Steve said that he would stop by my house later that night to have a look. Upon arrival he saw the problem, and immediately fixed it (fortunately, it was a simple thing that I should have noticed myself).

So now I'm back up and running. Honestly never had a mechanic make a house call. These guys and Steve in particular are truly committed to their customers. Thanks Steve!

Here's a pic for good measure (more found here):
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Ford 521 Ted Taormina build
Not Ranked     

I'd like to point out that is a beautiful picture! The other shots are really nice too, great looking Cobra!

I've got an SPF down in the South Bay, just got it back from a rear axle ratio change and psyched to take it out on this gorgeous day.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What was the issue with the clutch?

AND.... I agree... Steve provided me with excellent service/info. I tip my hat to him.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Steve sorted out an intermittent electrical issue last year for me. He's awesome. Organized and detail-oriented are two words that I come up with quickly to describe him.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of SPF#2632
Not Ranked     

Steve helped me through email with some intake manifold gasket questions. I wish his shop wasnt over 2000 miles away. Hope I get a chance to vist the Mustang Ranch someday!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

I must say that that is some big house you got there...
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Thank you for your very kind words All -!!

Helping fellow car guys take their dream or turn it into reality , now that makes this fun.

The Actual technical problem; The wilwood slave cylinder threaded rod end that threads to the cylinder itself (the end with the Heim Joint ) decided to have the jam nut back off on the heim and drop its connection to the heim end from the cylinder shaft.

--We usually do not disassemble the heims as they come from willwood, we tighten the insert, set the jam nut and they are all/set good.

-- example I have exact the same setup on mine,-(Lily / 2734 ) which has almost 10,000 miles on it --no problem...so this is significant oddness.

So --hitting them with locktite blue is my next step, but this is a cylinder that is supposed to be serviceable, and I just dont believe you should not have to locktite a jam nut scenario -- I think I will obtain some stove nuts from mcmaster and go from there.

== it was a simple fix, - even though it has a jam nut, it looks like there is a potential for vibration braking that jam nut grip seal loose. -- I have to figure out a stove nut / safety wire deal for that setup.

The only other thing I can think of is that the Heim, might be under threaded /miscast but it felt OK. --

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com

Last edited by PANAVIA; 04-29-2011 at 12:02 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III, Roush 427 SRX
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rosenberg View Post
I must say that that is some big house you got there...
Ha! Wish that was all mine! It's the courtyard to my apt building. Only 4 units in there though and the neighbors have some sweet rides too - Jag E-Type and a TR6 both in like-new condition!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

it is a neat garage setup ,- !
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com

Tags
mustang ranch