LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 293 gray W/Silver Smedling 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Help Santa Barbara road trip

Need some help,
I am planning a road trip to Santa Barbara from Las Vegas on May 20-22. Since I'm from the East Coast and not familure with the Santa Barbara area could I ask about places to stay from your experiences that are Cobra friendly? We are driving two Cobras and a chase car with friends. Are intent is to stay in Santa Barbara on the beach and drive inland to visit the local winery’s over the weekend.

Thanks in advance for all advise.
Rich
Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Well, since you're going to Santa Barbara, I imagine you're prepared to spend a little money.

My recommendation is Fess Parker's Doubletree. If I recall correcty, Fess Parker played "Daniel Boon" in the TV series nearly half a century ago.

http://www.fessparkersantabarbarahotel.com/

This is a nice (NICE) hotel that will park your Cobra carefully. Nice rooms, nice pool, and the hotel is right across the blvd. from the beach/park. I remember liking the restaurant, as well.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"

Last edited by Dangerous Doug; 04-12-2011 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: decade? No, more like a century...
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We've stayed at the Best Western just down the street from Fess Parkers right next to the marina. It's 1/3 the cost and you'll hardly be in the room anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Ah, Fess Parker's wasn't THAT expensive...

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tell them why you deserve to go.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank go out to DD, xlr8or and jambojet. DD you were right about the room rates . Found a B&B a block from the beach where I can keep an eye on the car. If you guy's get to Vegas let me know.

Rich
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Rich, to bad you won't be there a week earlier. There's a great car show on May 15th - http://www.wheelsandwaves.com/ and the Bay Area Cobra Club plans a nice weekend around it. There will probably be about 20 cobras there, mostly from northern california with a few of us from So Cal.
We stay downtown Sanata Barbara at a pretty plain jane motel, but they reserve the underground parking garage for us and everyone likes the location being able to walk to bars, restaurants, bars, shops and, of course, the bars.
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Accomodations in Santa Barbara

Depending on what you want to spend, another very nice place right across from the beach is the Harbor View Inn. We vacation in Santa Barbara every summer for about a week. During the Monterey Historics week, have seen many folks with very nice/very expensive rides staying there...there is covered parking and it is right off of main road (State Street) and right across from Stearns Wharf.

Many good restaurants in town. Our favorite is a New Orleans themed restaurant called The Palace Grill. Again, depending on how much you want to spend, many options available.

Absolutely wonderful place...albeit pricey.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     

Rich,

If you could move your trip up we could include you in the BACC Santa Barbara trip. If that doessn't work for you send me an email and I can provide you with some info on things that we have done in the area in the past.

Mike
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to All,

I would have loved to make the BACC meet but timing is everything, There is always next year.

Rich