17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built Bowtie, C4 suspension, Fiberjet body, 427 Rat
Not Ranked     
Default New Bowtie Cobra

Not much activity in this forum. . . Well, lets get it started up. . . I'm almost finished with my bowtie powered, scratch built cobra. And wouldn't you know, its powered by a 1966 427 CHEVY. . . . Check out the build pics at:
1Cobrat Gallery - Club Cobra Photo Gallery
Anybody else out there with Bowtie power. . . .
Old 01-26-2008, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Bowtie Cobra

Bevan Wright who has posted on CC has a cobra I owned with LS7 454, 12.5.1 comp engine with Hilborne injection etc, 650+hp, what a rocketship, Seanz dog box and 9" irs.

I will stick to my little SVO Yates 373 and keep things light, but more to the point "nice job" with your car and the engine looks great! Did you fabricate a base for your air cleaner as it looks dropped?

Thanks

The 1960's rocked!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. . . Yes we did fabricate a drop base. We took a edlebrock/moroso drop base air cleaner and fab'd it to the cobra air cleaner base. Not enough surface area to get the airflow needed with the stock 1.75" element. In addition to having serious clearance problems with the hood scoop. But it has all worked out. Just waiting to finish up the interior carpeting and door panels before she is completely ready.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Fasssst Plate

Yep, I usually don't say anything and keep my hood closed.... 454 and loving it...Where can I get the tags for the sides?... thanks for the thread... but I'm sure there will be fallout..
Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Those tags look very nice, and the car looks even better.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I liked the pick of your wheels with the knock off, pieces on there.and your emblems look very nice too.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

CobRat, nice looking car and a great choice of power.
Hope you used a rear end that will withstand the power, if you ever get hooked up. If/when you get to the point of wanting more power, you can go clear up to a 555 (I think) without having to go with a tall block and everything you have will bolt right on.
If I can ever get my 496 to get tired, or break, I think I'll stretch it out. I've got almost 20,000 hard miles on it and have absolutely no complaints with my RAT.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
CobRat, nice looking car and a great choice of power.
Hope you used a rear end that will withstand the power, if you ever get hooked up. If/when you get to the point of wanting more power, you can go clear up to a 555 (I think) without having to go with a tall block and everything you have will bolt right on.
If I can ever get my 496 to get tired, or break, I think I'll stretch it out. I've got almost 20,000 hard miles on it and have absolutely no complaints with my RAT.
The car has a Dana 36 out of a 1984 corvette. If that won't handle it (that is I blow it up) then we will acquire a Dana 44. Maybe one day bigger motor but I also have a set of Hilborn injectors that I want to convert to electronic. Stacks out of the hood. I love that look.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

It is a sweet looking car. See your at breakfast the 3rd saturday of Feb. Nor Cal bunch.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Arrow Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudmaster View Post
See your at breakfast the 3rd saturday of Feb. Nor Cal bunch.
Like Ed said, be there!

jdog
P.S. Ed, I'll back you up on this one, but I think you might be a little harsh on the new guy.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It is a sweet looking car. See your at breakfast the 3rd saturday of Feb. Nor Cal bunch.
As long as it aint raining, I'll be there. By the way. . . where's there. . . .
Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Club Cobra forum...........Nor Cal Cobras......Just check the forum now and then. Someone will post where we will be meeting for breakfast. It is always on the 3rd satuday of the month...rain or shine..you don't need to bring your cobra if weather is bad......We have another bow tie cobra in the club. Z1 cobra .....You are welcome to join us.... Somtimes Folsom, Lincoln, or Auburn who knows where next.........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........

Last edited by thudmaster; 01-28-2008 at 10:32 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum2 View Post
Where can I get the tags for the sides?... thanks for the thread... but I'm sure there will be fallout..
My father-in-law had them made up for a Christmas present. We are thinking about changing out the Chevy for a Bowtie. Might look cleaner.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Club Cobra forum...........Nor Cal Cobras......Just check the forum now and then. Someone will post where we will be meeting for breakfast. It is always on the 3rd satuday of the month...rain or shine..you don't need to bring your cobra if weather is bad......We have another bow tie cobra in the club. Z1 cobra .....You are welcome to join us.... Somtimes Folsom, Lincoln, or Auburn who knows where next.........
thanks for the invite, I like recurring events. Easy to remember. I don't know, 2 Bowties. We might start taking over. . . .lol The car is in Foresthill at the moment so all of those work well.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Nice, well engineered car. But I still think the motor looks like it's in the car backwards! BaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Another chebbie guy RFO!!! The C4 rear end does take quite a bit of torque but I found the 44's in the C3's take a bit more especially with the cast iron housing. The 1/2 shafts with larger cross-section U-joints are a plus. Karl drags his car often and does well but also cheats running a solid rear, it is a better choice for draggin. I have run a fairly nasty 540 incher with the 44 IRS without issue but traction was limited. Enjoy !!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Cobrat,

Nice car. As far as how will your rear hold up? My Bowtie Cobra runs 540ci of Dart block BBC with haltech EFI. I also use the C4 vette front and rear suspension. My pump-gas combo puts 540 SAErwhp to the ground and so far the rear is holding up, but I run competition track-day tires and not drag slicks...

And I think Karlos is wrong (sorry Karl for butting in) about a factory block going to 555. I think that most will not take the 4.530 Bore that 555ci needs, but you can go to 496ci, which is nothing to sneeze at as I have seen Karlos run 10s here at Speedworld.

On another note, I have a sheet silver bowtie profile soldered to a brass rectangle background that covers the FORD lettering on the cobra fender badge and it stands out a little more than your CHEVY ball-milled lettering, but yours looks more hi-tech, being CNC milled.

Welcome and enjoy your nice ride.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I am not a Chevy guy but I can appreciate a good job when I see one. Great color choice I bet it will scream! Great timing too. You can get her all broke in and bring her to Run n Gun next October.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
Nice, well engineered car. But I still think the motor looks like it's in the car backwards! BaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
It is. It's front wheel drive. . . . lol Not. . . .
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBites View Post
Cobrat,

Nice car. As far as how will your rear hold up? My Bowtie Cobra runs 540ci of Dart block BBC with haltech EFI. I also use the C4 vette front and rear suspension. My pump-gas combo puts 540 SAErwhp to the ground and so far the rear is holding up, but I run competition track-day tires and not drag slicks...
Thanks, been a labor of love. . . . Any tips on tuning the C4 suspension? Are you running the Dana 36 or 44? We mounted coil overs up front and rear. On the rear we attached the coil overs to the hub shock mounts. Seems like not the best method. . . . I hope to get some track time and see what she'll do this summer. Glad to hear from fellow Bowtie owners.