Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Coming to DVSFIII

My father lives in the Alexandria VA area and I was wondering for those in the area coming to DVSFIII would anyone have an empty seat?
Thanks
Rick
Old 01-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Hi Rick,

It might increase your luck if you posted a note here:

Capital Area Cobra Club

Last year we had sixteen cars on the 400+ mile ride to London

Tom
Old 01-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Thanks Tom. I did as you suggested. I browsed your pictures and looks like a great group. Couldn't beleive the pictures of the cars covered in snow! I doubt I could get a single person around here to bring it out in the snow. I never put mine up for the winter but even I don't think I would drive in the snow.

My father and I drove my Cobra 2000 miles from Pheonix to Columbus when I bought it and thought he might enjoy driving in with someone as opposed to flying.

Thanks
Rick
Old 01-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Rick,

You're welcome! As the June date gets a lot closer, you may want to re-post the request. I suspect a lot of our plans are still fluid, except that there should be a pretty good contingent of folks going from here.

As to the advisability of driving in the snow, one of our members earned the alias "Captain Crunch" for reasons that show up in some of the pix

Regards,

Tom
Old 01-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Captain Crunch

I saw the picture of Captain Crunches car. Ouch! I know what a challenge it can be when the road is wet I can't imagine what it would be like when the road has snow/ice on it!

What happened to the guy with all the snow in the interior? No tonneau cover/soft top? How many do you think will be coming this year? Booked your rooms yet?
Old 01-13-2003, 05:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Rick,

Rooms are booked for a lot of the club, including us. My wife is my copilot so there's no room in this car, but last year there were a few seats available - I think two of the wives were 8+ months pregnant

All the cars made it home from the cruise without further damage. There were, however, some more "interesting" moments for a lot of them!

Tom aka INDY