Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Love my new CRII, looking for a soft stop or tonneau cover (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/131120-love-my-new-crii-looking-soft-stop-tonneau-cover.html)

COB 09-18-2014 08:57 AM

Love my new CRII, looking for a soft stop or tonneau cover

Howdy everyone. I recently bought a CRII and just love it! Can anyone help with upgrading soft top and/or tonneau cover? Does anyone knows a good source?

Thank you

James Stern 09-18-2014 11:26 AM

we are all looking for the soft top/side windows.

G_Edmonds 09-19-2014 07:27 AM

COB,
If you're able to find a soft top it'll be just luck. They do seem to pop up occasionally though. Since you don't (and probably won't) have a soft top, there's no need to drill all the holes and a snap less tonneau cover is a good option. There are two people I know of on this site that make custom tonneaus and both do a great job at a reasonable price. They may can be contacted from this site but here is the contact info I have.

Mariah - Wpdeal@gmail.com
Pigfarm70 - Piggyback Tonneau Covers
679-971-9470
Piggyback covers.com

Mariah makes a very nice cover in solid colors.
I have a Piggyback cover. They will make them with stripes. I love mine.
They come in handy for weather and also to keep prying eyes out of your interior. One note, because of the dimensions of the CR interior, the cover won't fit in your trunk. I don't find this a problem. It comes with a nice bag that will fit behind the seats or just by the passenger door.

Welcome to the club,
-Greg

Double Venom 09-19-2014 11:41 AM

COB, ETC
I just found out from Don Scotts son (Bill?) he did find some tonneau covers and a few soft tops.
There are no windows though. The good thing he does want to sell them, the bad thing I let him go before I got his number! :( If anyone still has Don's home number would you post it or let me know? (Damn puter crashes!)

COB:
Where in Michigan? Blue/Gold----Green? :)
DV

I trust everyone for a little discretion please.

HPCOBRA 09-21-2014 06:39 PM

If there is an extras tonneau cover, please let me know. I am interested.. Thanks

Double Venom 09-22-2014 03:05 AM

There are covers and tops. Now I just have to find Don's number.
DV

Wisconsin_Snake 09-22-2014 11:53 AM

I am interested in a soft top or possibly a tonneau cover.

SGR 09-22-2014 06:21 PM

I might be interested in a top as well.

Bscott77 09-22-2014 06:38 PM

I have 3 black tops, 1 tan top and 1 black tonneau with roll bar pocket. I also have 6 black tops that are missing the front brackets. I do not have any bows or side curtains for any of them though. I also have a bunch of the sebring/mx tops and tonneaus if anyone is looking for those.

James Stern 09-23-2014 09:43 AM

Bill,

Do you have any pictures/prices

Bscott77 09-23-2014 02:01 PM

I don't have any pictures right now, they are all new though. $700 for a top, $200 for the tonneau

Double Venom 09-23-2014 02:09 PM

The bows are not difficult to make. Patience is a virtue. The tubes for the tops are 1/4" mild steel and can be bent from hand. If you have a four point roll bar you do not need any
tubes.

If I knew how to draw a picture, and post, of how to make these things I would. Drilling the holes in the body (Two) is quite easy. It was the holes for the window posts that was a little tricky. I've had many tops over the years and I used the side windows exactly twice! Don't need no stinkin' windows......usually :)

Bscott77 09-23-2014 02:40 PM

1 black top is sold

Hotrod46 09-23-2014 05:35 PM

I'm looking for a top for a Sebring. Do you have one in black? Are they complete with windows?

I'm also looking for a top cover (boot?) in black.

I sent a PM, but can't see where it went through.

HPCOBRA 09-23-2014 05:36 PM

Hi Bscott77..I sent a PM... I want the black Tonneau cover... Please reply...Thanks

Double Venom 09-24-2014 10:49 AM

For those not in the know, the prices listed are just about 1/2 from the originals.
DV

Bscott77 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

2 of the black tops are sold, I was digging today and I found 2 more black tonneaus, 1 with rollbar and 1 without, also a burgundy tonneau, all 3 of these are missing the snaps. $125 each. Still have 1 black top, and the 6 black tops that are missing the front brackets, $500 each on the 6 tops.

Steve Gallegos 09-24-2014 09:18 PM

You can get bows from ERA, I bought 2 of them to make my bimini top which I finally adapted it so I can use it on the freeway with speeds up to 80mph. The sides and back are open. The bows slide into the grove on the top of the windshield and hook on to the side of the windshield. It only took me 3 years to get it right:eek:

DWJohnson 09-24-2014 09:44 PM

Black tonneau

PM sent

Double Venom 09-25-2014 04:52 AM

Steve,
Is your Cobra ERA or a CR, big difference.