Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-13-2018, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     
Default Seats?

This Redo/up-grade has taken a lot more time and money than I ever expected! BUT at last we are getting close, hope this statement doesn't jinx again!

Suggestions on seats, Thinking these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/EMPI-62-288...RYZmwP&vxp=mtr

Anybody running Factory Five #14867 - 15" Vintage Halibrand Replica Wheels? One looks really out of whack to me and my tire guy but Factory Five says it’s not a problem!

#14867 - 15" Vintage Halibrand Replica Wheels - Factory Five Parts Catalog

Video/photo of wheel on balancer:

https://www.facebook.com/al.ingram.1...0680247552209/

Thanks guys!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@Lightingrod, If it was my wheel, I would be sending it back, don't care if it balanced or not. I assume the other's did not have that problem? You paid good money, you deserve a good wheel. The seats I have for my CR are stock, and will work as well as the one's shown for no extra expense, so I would say keep your stock one's, I have removed my headrests for a more vintage look. Just my $.02, Tom.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Thanks Tom, I still have a lot of work to do but I hope to start the engine break-in next Friday! I want to get mechanical and tuning issues sorted out before interior and paint! I may look into recovering my stock seats?

I didn’t like the out of round on the inside of the barrel but Factory 5 said it should be good! But after seeing how much weight it took to balance it, I’m not going to use it! I mean 9 ounces for that light-assed wheel! I didn’t buy 650 horses because I wanted to watch them graze! This thing should be pretty quick and that wheel scares me!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

There's a pair of seats in classifieds (not mine) for $650. Might want to check them out.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Will do, thanks!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'd send the wheel back back. I assume the tire shop did start the mounting with the yellow dot (lightest point of tire) at the valve stem (heavy point of wheel)?

The seats in the classified area are nice vinyl seats which usually run $450 per when new. Right at $1K per seat in leather. Or Backdraft leather seats are $850 a pair.

Last edited by spdbrake; 01-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: reread responses
Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters Ltd. small block ford 347cid.
Not Ranked     
Default Factory 5 wheels

I am running the Factory 5 wheels on my CR, had to use spacers in the rear so they wouldn't rub lines. Work and look great. Neil in N.Dak.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, GT FPV 5.4L 290kw Boss
Not Ranked     

No probs with my 15s at all brother
Old 01-29-2018, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had very good luck and no issues with 99% of my FFR products, but I had a similar issue with one of my rear wheels.
When I originally received the wheels, this one had a funky spot on the inside that looked like it had been repaired (not badly, but enough to notice that it wasn't "right") and repainted. It was on the inside and didn't effect the look from the outside. The tire guy didn't catch it on my first set of tires, but when I had a new set installed (different shop) the guy showed me the wheel was out of round and it was dead-on with this funky spot. I have never hit anything with my wheels to damage them. I called FFR and argued with the guy, but he said I had the wheels too long and I probably damaged them. I can understand I had them too long, but the way the guy accused me of trying to cheat them, left a very bad taste in my mouth about the experience. He could have handled it better.

I say, don't mount the tires and definitely send it back for a replacement.