Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Wouldn't this be a perfect excuse for some club member (close to this town) to make a trip up to this POS shop and see if HighPlainsDrifter's car is around there somewhere?? Good idea, Yes??

What do you think the chances are that HighPlainsDrifter's car is around there?

Per Better Business Bureau ( https://www.bbb.org/saskatchewan/bus...ion=complaints ):
Phone (mobile): (306) 529-4043

Ryan's Customs

3345 Valley Green Way
Regina, SK S4V 1L4

This is what BBB has for his Web site: Classic Roadsters II - Club Cobra

According to registration records, he registered as a 'sole proprietorship' September 19, 2014. 'Ryan's Customs' was not incorporated, so Ryan Douglas Martens is personally liable for debts of Ryan's Customs - though he knows whether he has sufficient assets to satisfy claims. http://www.publications.gov.sk.ca/fr...4/G1201440.pdf
Old 01-06-2018, 01:58 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@ cycleguy55 ( Brian ), Exc. question. But a great place to start. Club member goes there under the pretense of seeing the Ebay car, and if HighPlainsDrifter gives us something that would tell what his car would have ( anything that makes it different ), bang, we have him. At the very least we would have eyes on. Lets not let this POS (sorry, I can't think of a better title for this guy) get away with anything. Tom.

Last edited by Alfa02; 01-06-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Old 01-06-2018, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

You can "post a question" on ebay and ask if this is the same Ryan that is listed on the web site and how he is making good on his prior deals. It will post on the listing. May get pulled down, but it will post initially.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

Posting tough questions on Ebay wouldn't help. He as 0 feedback. So he would just close the auction and start again under different alias.

I just don't get how a person can live their life that way.

John
Old 01-06-2018, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianamoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
Thanks for the ebay listing info. I'm thinking my cobra frame and body that is MIA might be there.
Perry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
What do you think the chances are that HighPlainsDrifter's car is around there?

Per Better Business Bureau ( https://www.bbb.org/saskatchewan/bus...ion=complaints ):
Phone (mobile): (306) 529-4043

Ryan's Customs
3345 Valley Green Way
Regina, SK S4V 1L4

This is what BBB has for his Web site: Classic Roadsters II - Club Cobra

According to registration records, he registered as a 'sole proprietorship' September 19, 2014. 'Ryan's Customs' was not incorporated, so Ryan Douglas Martens is personally liable for debts of Ryan's Customs - though he knows whether he has sufficient assets to satisfy claims. http://www.publications.gov.sk.ca/fr...4/G1201440.pdf
The address listed above is a private residence, not a place of business. Google Map it and you'll see it looks exactly like the grey house in the eBay listing photos.

Perry, I hate to say this, but it seems to me that there is no chassis and body here which belongs to you. It appears that Ryan has produced just one chassis and body to date: His own, which is now for sale on eBay. My guess is he used your deposit to purchase materials and parts for this particular (incomplete) car.

Not sure what is your best remedy at this stage. Perhaps putting a lien on Ryan's assets ASAP is the best bet, as some people have suggested. I'd move quickly before this punk skips town.

I'm really sorry you're in this mess and wish you all the best in recovering your monies.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Perry,

This is a mess that no one should have to go through and it sure puts a dark blot on the whole industry. I agree with what Sun Dude and all of the others have said. This guy just seems to be the bottom of the barrel for deceit and lying. I hope that you can find some way to recover your money.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
The address listed above is a private residence, not a place of business. Google Map it and you'll see it looks exactly like the grey house in the eBay listing photos.

Perry, I hate to say this, but it seems to me that there is no chassis and body here which belongs to you. It appears that Ryan has produced just one chassis and body to date: His own, which is now for sale on eBay. My guess is he used your deposit to purchase materials and parts for this particular (incomplete) car.

Not sure what is your best remedy at this stage. Perhaps putting a lien on Ryan's assets ASAP is the best bet, as some people have suggested. I'd move quickly before this punk skips town.

I'm really sorry you're in this mess and wish you all the best in recovering your monies.
Google Street View? Now why didn't I think of that? <sarcasm>

My apologies for not previously indicating that I had searched Google Street View and observed the obvious residential location.

I suspect Ryan was operating out of his garage, not a commercial space - though it's always possible he rented, leased or owned another property not listed by either the BBB or government records.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Question ebay cobra

Hi,
The ebay listing did not meet the reserve so I guess it did not sell.
Perry
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not trying to play lawyer here, but his business being the home can be a good thing. I had to sue when a guy making trailers failed to produce the trailer. The shop was on the same property as the house. They shared power, address, and a phone bill. The lawyer was mostly focused on proving the home was part of the business and went for the lien. It worked well for my case.

Best of luck.