Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CLASSIC ROADSTERS 427 with a FORD 5.0 bored and stroked to 331cid, BRODIX alum heads, roller rockers, B303 cam.
Not Ranked     
Default Roll Bar measurements

Can anyone give me some measurements from their Classic Roadsters roll bar?
I need the dimension from the frame where it mounts to the top of the roll bar "hoop".
I want to install a full width RB in my CR427 and still be able to use the convertable top (which I haven't purchased yet).
Better yet, does anyone make such a roll bar?
Old 01-10-2002, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I know of 3 different places to buy them. DV sells a full rollbar (I think), Classic has one, Kustom Metal Werks sells one also. Classic and Kustom also have a mirror image rollbar for the passenger side if you want to go with 2.
The phone number for Classic is:1-800-373-9000 ask for Pete
Kustom Metal Werks: 1-208-482-7054 ask for George
Classics by Elite (DV):1-740-852-5280
Don
Old 01-10-2002, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Wow Don, you and Double Venom are just a wealth of information for me and probably hundreds like me that don't have alot to say but come to the site regularly for our cobra fix. I was wondering about a passenger side roll bar for my car that I'm trying to move on to the next step.

I cann't tell you two how much I appreciate you taking the time to post all of the great insight and information on the Classic Roadsters Cobra.

Double Venoms idea of cutting the door support plates out, mounting them to the door, set the door in place and weld the support back in saved me HOURS of work.

Other club members have yeilded very useful ideas for me as well. I post my inputs on occassion when someone has a question that I have information on but it's hard to get one in before someonelse has all ready entered a great response.

Thanks again guys! This is the greatest web sight.

Lloyd

Last edited by shftn grs; 01-10-2002 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-10-2002, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Smile Uh-OH!!

Shiftn'

Your going to get me in a heep of trouble with CR's !

They have a ka-nipchen every time I tell some one our trick on aligning the doors!

Now, we are just catching up on our last order of CR's cars and I haven't taken delivery of any of the "new and improved" one yet.

Pete insists that their new style door hinges AND hood hinge is built in with full adjustability to it. Not bad after complaining for over 5 years about the work needed to hang the doors and the hood!

DV

Ps.. thank you for the kind compliments...we do try!
Old 01-10-2002, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Do you want your roll bar for appearances, or for roll over protection? Some roll bars are for appearance only, and will not protect you in the event your car rolls over. Kinda like having a cosmetic fire extinguisher in your car. Looks cool, but has nothing in it. Be sure you're buying what you think you're getting.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack!!!!!

Are you insinuating that my roll bars are made of conduit!?

I mean geee, we try and paint them until the glavanized coating is hidden.

DV

PS...Who called me about a week ago for a roll bar? As usual my note got up and walked away!

Mike, I haven't lost your information yet...give me a week!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

DV,

No I'm not insinuating that your roll bars are made out of conduit, although for a cosmetic only roll bar, conduit would probably work fine. (Don't even paint 'em, just polish up the galvanizing with steel wool, and it'll look like coated headers.) I got that right from CR when the subject came up. (Don Van Cleve) "If you want a real roll bar, get one made" I was told. You liked my analogy of a cosmetic only fire extinguisher, eh?

Where would we be if we couldn't find some humor in this.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack...I didn't know you'd been around long enough to know the infamous Van Cleve!

They didn't call him Mr. Personality for nuthin'! The guy never gave me a hard time. Never could figure that one out. Maybe because I never got close enough!
DV