Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cycleguy55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Headers HELP for 351W on CRII

Im nearing a paint date for fiberglass and the last cutouts to cut on the body are for the headers. I prefer making the last fiberglass cuts with the headers installed for accuracy.

I have yet to find a pair of headers, or even specific pipe angle and length dimensions from someone who has a set so I can look into aftermarket options.

1. Does anyone have a set of 351W header pipes for sale?

2. Has anyone used an aftermarket set for 351W that is known to fit with the CRII chassis?

3. Anyone willing to give me 5-6 dimensions off your headers that would get me moving in the right direction?

Looking to order or have delivered by June 8 for a build weekend. Any input or leads would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Which cylinder heads? I have a complete setup from a superformance, headers and side pipes...
Old 05-31-2018, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIV 427
Not Ranked     

I would contact CRII, if you haven’t already. If they can’t help try GP Headers or the vendors on Club Cobra.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If no one is willing or able to provide dimensions delay paint date. Someone elses dimensions could be different depending on motor mounts. There is a guy on the forum hopefully he replies but he had a set of headers for sale. I will look up his name.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Headers AND Sidepipes should be on hand as the turn radius of the headers AND sidepipe collectors and the engine/trans mounts will effect the position of the exit area on the lower front fender area. Since the header to sidepipe flange is inside the body, both headers and sidepipes should be dry fitted to accurately assess the exit locations.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I also run a 351W engine but wouldn't count on my dimensions not knowing what motor mounts, trans mount, sidepipes, etc you have on your CR1.

Mine is also a CR1 that I'm in final rebuild stage
Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@mofo, I believe the gentleman studebaker53 is talking about is 74proii. I have his phone# and can call if you like? He has been working quite a bit lately, and doesn't get on here as much as he likes. I know he has side pipes, but not sure about header's? (he installing a Coyote motor) You may send him a PM, that get's you in touch with him too? Hope this helps, Tom. Look's like everything is good with you (rbgray1) Rob. Me too.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS427 View Post
I would contact CRII, if you haven’t already. If they can’t help try GP Headers or the vendors on Club Cobra.

CR has been out of business for years.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Try this:

GP Headers, Inc. offers the unique service of building custom headers to fit your application without having your car at our location. You can have a set of custom headers built to your exact header specifications using their PVC mock-up kit without your car ever leaving the garage. Imagine having a set of high end custom headers built with true merge collectors to fit for your unique application. All of their custom headers incorporate true merge collectors, heavy 3/8" flanges and are purge tig welded producing the finest custom header money can buy and built to your exact specifications. After hundreds of systems and years of experience, they have this system down to a science.

Build Your Own Custom Set Of Headers With Our Header Build Kits - Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc.
Ron61 and Alfa02 like this.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 06-01-2018 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Added photos
Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance,408 w with 93mm intercooled turbo
Not Ranked     
Default Headers

I live in the chicago area.....
Superformance Side pipes and headers...brand new never used.....set only ....no shipping....
$800.00
Brand new ...puke tank. Chrome....$175.00
Old 06-04-2018, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I connected with 74proii last fall but he never responded to my PM. I would love his number to call him, as he mentioned he may sell his headers and I have been lingering hoping I could get his contact or someone else in the market to sell.

does anyone know if Superformance headers would work for a CRII? Mine was built in 1991, so I assume its a CRII and not CRI. When was the transition?

thanks!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgray1 View Post
I also run a 351W engine but wouldn't count on my dimensions not knowing what motor mounts, trans mount, sidepipes, etc you have on your CR1.

Mine is also a CR1 that I'm in final rebuild stage
I understand that a handful of factors impact the location of the sidepipe cutout
in fiberglass(engine mounts, transmount, etc). My desire for dimensions would be for the dimensions of headers that were built and sold with the CRII kit. If I had 5-6 basic dimensions for the headers to locate in 3 dimensions the mounting surface for the side pipes/collector, I could mock up and place my side pipes in place (already accounting for my trans mount and engine mount location) since my engine will be installed. I plan to use the side pipes that came with the kit, just cutout and replace the glasspacks due to everyones concern of back pressure and low power.

The only concern for this approach is actually acquiring the same set of headers, maybe from 74proii.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Try this:

GP Headers, Inc. offers the unique service of building custom headers to fit your application without having your car at our location. You can have a set of custom headers built to your exact header specifications using their PVC mock-up kit without your car ever leaving the garage. Imagine having a set of high end custom headers built with true merge collectors to fit for your unique application. All of their custom headers incorporate true merge collectors, heavy 3/8" flanges and are purge tig welded producing the finest custom header money can buy and built to your exact specifications. After hundreds of systems and years of experience, they have this system down to a science.

Build Your Own Custom Set Of Headers With Our Header Build Kits - Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc.

This looks great, but would be my last resort as I would rather not re-invent the wheel if there is a header set available out there. I will keep this in mind if I find no other options. thanks for sharing.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

I have a '90 CR1 with a 5.0 not completed yet. I can take some photos and measurements for you. Of course, the 351 exhaust location is slightly different due to the taller block (about an inch higher and 1 inch wider). I will have access the end of next week. Let me know how I can help.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

MOFO- I sent you an email related to your header problem. Please give me a call.

Thom