Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By twobjshelbys
  • 1 Post By cycleguy55
  • 1 Post By Bartruff1
  • 3 Post By Buzz
  • 1 Post By Alfa02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default 2 years of no kit

May 2016 ordered kit and put down 1/2 which was $11,000.
Was told it would take 3 months to delivery.
May 2018 now and constant calls to Ryan with no returned calls or BS i'll call later. Now he has a monster truck sponsored by Rush Lacrosse in Saskatoon, gee where did he get the money for that
I need to get some more Tylenol.
Perry
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Perry, how far away are you from him?

Extremely poor service on his part.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Is this the famous Ryan? The one that takes money and has yet to delivery anything? Have you followed the ongoing saga? Not all of it was known perhaps when you signed up but it has certainly unfolded since. So sorry you got scammed by him.

PS. He got the money in a classic ponzi scheme.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 05-06-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Old 05-06-2018, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
Perry, how far away are you from him?

Extremely poor service on his part.
This is not a matter of poor service, it is a matter of multiple thefts.
Ron61 and Gaz64 like this.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:30 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Perry, I believe it's time, to arrive en masse and take 11K out of his hide. I up for a trip, anybody else? Maybe (his?) Monster truck is worth 11K, but then he more then likely owes someone else for that truck, (or screwed that guy too) I feel for you. Tom.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Perry,

Sorry to hear that you got taken in by that guy. People like him give all of the others a bad name. I don't know if you could get an attorney and get your money back or not, but something needs to be done to stop stuff like this from happening. Best of luck.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-07-2018, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't know how the courts work in Canada on these kinds of things but since the OP is in Canada he is at least in the same country. In the US it would be too much for small claims court, so you'd have to decide if the legal fees would be worth recovering it from someone who probably doesn't have any money. You might end up with a judgement or lien but after the legal fees probably only 1/2 of your original investment.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

The Small Claims Court maximum in Saskatchewan is $30,000 - no problem there. The interprovincial issue could be a challenge:

"6. I live in one province and the person I wish to sue lives in another province. Where should I take my case?

The claim should be filed at the court office that is closest to the place where the incident occurred. The Plaintiff may also agree to file the claim at the court office closest to where the Defendant resides.

This is also true if the Plaintiff and the Defendant live in different communities. For example, if the Plaintiff lives in Estevan and the Defendant lives in Prince Albert, the claim should be filed in the court office closest to where the incident took place.

If you cannot determine where the incident occurred, then the claim should be filed at the court office where the Defendant resides. For example, if there was a dispute about goods purchased by mail or over the internet, the claim should be filed closest to where the Defendant resides."

https://sasklawcourts.ca/home/provin...aims-court/faq

Fees are affordable: "if the amount of your claim is $9,950 or over, the fee is $100"

But cash or cheque only, no credit cards: "Fees can be paid at the court office with cash or cheque. Credit cards are not accepted. Cheques can be made payable to "Small Claims Court". Please do not send cash in the mail."

Filing doesn't need to be in person: "If you are filing your claim by mail, please ensure that you include your telephone number so that the staff can contact you when needed."

Edit #1: We have his home address. I'll 'serve' him if need be - I'm not that far away. BTW, Ryan followed CC at one time, and may well still be - if so this thread will no doubt get his attention.

Edit #2: I believe you'd have to attend the Small Claims Court in person, but that would be a single trip, a court date is set, etc.
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 05-07-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Old 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Perry, I believe Brian has the best course of action. Thank you for your post Brian, lets hope he get's his money back, and again good luck, we're all pulling for you. Tom.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm sure Perry and few others know, but here is a thread that Ryan created:
canadian classic roadsters build #1
Old 05-07-2018, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Don't try to take it our of his hide, you will turn a financial loss into a crime and find your ass in jail.....I have never been in a jail in Canada...I bet they are polite...now I have been in jail in the US and in Mexico and they are scary as hell...

Really, if I were you I would just move on, even if you get some sort of judgement you are not likely to get your money back ....in the US you can get some relief on your taxes..
Old 05-08-2018, 06:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Yes, Bartuff1, that was just a little "poke" at the SOB, as always Brian's idea is the best way to go. I've also been in jail once, never ever want to go back there again, as it was pointed out, "This ain't no hotel" Hey off topic, are you able to make the vintage races (June29-July1) ?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alfa, at my age, what I do or don't do depends on my health, the weather and my bowel movements......but I try to go every year.....

I was lucky enough to have been of age during the Trans Am and Can Am racing......and when stock cars were not a spec series...
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

The thought of walking away and letting people get away with atrocities like this because it may be too much trouble to collect does not sit well with me at all. Parasitic scavengers like that depend on normal, peaceful people's lack of will to see the battle through so they can continue to thrive on ripping off more and more trusting customers. By all means do not do anything rash that will make your life worse, but bear in mind there's always a higher price to pay in the long run for doing nothing to confront and deter criminals.
Ron61, HI Cobra and Alfa02 like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 05-08-2018, 10:05 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

@ Bartruff1, not to get off this post, on a different track. But I too was around during that era. I was allowed in 68 (I was 13), here at Pacific Raceway's, to steer Mark Donohue's Z-28 up to the starting grid, with Mark walking along side the car. A moment I'll always remember In 2013 the same car , with the same seat!!! Was back up at Seattle I again got sit in the car, the new owner thought what fitting tribute for me & Mark's car. He was one of my HERO"S. Love for to make the trip with the rest of us, here's wishing you good health, Cheers Tom.
Bartruff1 likes this.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
@ Bartruff1, not to get off this post, on a different track. But I too was around during that era. I was allowed in 68 (I was 13), here at Pacific Raceway's, to steer Mark Donohue's Z-28 up to the starting grid, with Mark walking along side the car. A moment I'll always remember In 2013 the same car , with the same seat!!! Was back up at Seattle I again got sit in the car, the new owner thought what fitting tribute for me & Mark's car. He was one of my HERO"S. Love for to make the trip with the rest of us, here's wishing you good health, Cheers Tom.
Now that is amazing, I really didn't know who Mark Donahue was until I saw him just cruz away .......WTF....from the field in those Penske Blue Sunoco Camaros and that Lola T70....and both those cars have been preserved ......

I was in Europa in 1964 and went down to see the Targa, where my girl friend and I got to meet Shelby and Gurney, Bondurant, Phil Hill, ... and that crazy ass Jerry Grant...we were all just kids then..... and used to drink beer every night.... the Cobras didn't win but the Italians used to wet themselves every time they heard one.... sorry to be off subject...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 05-08-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
This is not a matter of poor service, it is a matter of multiple thefts.
I'd go a step further Tony and call it serial theft.

If you guys down there have any Italian Conflict Negotiation experts with a first name like Guido, you might want to invest in their services ...

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.