Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2021, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Neutral     
Default Cold!

This dang weather!

Having serous toy withdrawals! And the next 10 days don't look any better!
74proii likes this.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:25 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Funny you should mention weather. We here in the PNW get 40degree and rain, well it's snowing with another 8-12" in the next day or so. I love snow, so tomorrow I'm taking my 2WD pick-up out and doing donuts, and see if I still have the siding gene in me, wish me luck TommyRot.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

We set a new record here (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) this week: 106 consecutive hours with wind chill ≤-40. This morning it was -38.1°C and wind chill peaked today at -46 (C) - though earlier this week wind chill hit -50 (C) on a few occasions.

Definitely not Cobra weather...
Roperd likes this.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Well if you guys are trying to me me feel better it almost worked! We only have about 2" on the ground and it's 8*F right now!

And Cycleguy55 I don't know if my old pickup will even get out of the driveway today, much less do doughnuts! 454 SS with a 502 HO and it's still got the 325/50/15 M/T drag radials on it! For sure not winter tires!
Old 02-13-2021, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Car #1209 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Lol....21 degrees in NJ. 2 day ice storm just started. Snow Tuesday. Cobra under car cover....pissed off.
sgianino likes this.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

It’s a balmy 80 degrees here........ inside the house! Lol. Actually not too cold outside, maybe -2C(what’s that, 30F?). But 2 feet of snow! Most I’ve seen on Vancouver Island. Went for a drive for ****s and giggles yesterday and almost didn’t make it back.
All the stores were closed. Couldn’t get milk. Oh well, at least I have a stockpile of car parts in the garage to keep me busy until this melts.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

-8 this morning at my daughter's near Denver. Close to 70 yesterday but then a storm front came through with winds (it blew the cover off a gas station) and cold here so mid-high 50s for the next few days (below normal) then back to mid 60s-low 70s
Old 02-15-2021, 06:06 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

It's so cold here in Indiana that the exhibitionists are just describing themselves.
Lightingrod likes this.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Excalibur Cobra, 351W 400hp+
Send a message via AIM to TX-Excalibur Send a message via MSN to TX-Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to TX-Excalibur
Not Ranked     

5 degrees with 0 windchill here in Dallas,TX. Eskimos have a hundred descriptions for snow, we have one.....@#$&.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Here in socal we have open boarders so you are all welcome. Great car culture community. Its warm in the sun and cool in the shade but nothing like you're all describing. Ouch sounds painful. There is plenty here not to like but our mountain roads are open and a blast to drive. Cars and coffees are happening and mindful of social distancing. If you come don't be shocked because premium gas is pushing $4/gal. Stay warm fellas!!

John
Old 02-15-2021, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

$4 a gallon, don't forget to thank Joe! I hate to say it but it wouldn't surprise me to see them come after our cars! Some on the Far Left really do see a machine that burns carbon based fuel that's use for pleasure as PURE EVIL!

Of course them flying across the world in pursuit of their pleasure is just fine! Never considering their little excursion used more carbon based fuel than my Cobra ever will!
sgianino, rads42 and RB60 like this.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Half inch of ice expected here tonight in Decatur, Al then a low of 10f tonight.
Dwight and Lightingrod like this.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

5* out right now, it's been snowing and blowing all day! I'd say we got 6" or so on the ground and got about 3 hours more of it to go!

Not Fun!
Old 02-16-2021, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightingrod View Post
Well if you guys are trying to me me feel better it almost worked! We only have about 2" on the ground and it's 8*F right now!

And Cycleguy55 I don't know if my old pickup will even get out of the driveway today, much less do doughnuts! 454 SS with a 502 HO and it's still got the 325/50/15 M/T drag radials on it! For sure not winter tires!
When I went to high school many, many years ago, one of my fellow students had a '65 or '66 Mustang that he occasionally drove to school. The car had a SBF, tube front axle, flip front end and drag slicks. Well, one day we had an unexpected snowfall during the day and he didn't have enough traction to get over the speed bumps in the parking lot. Fun times.

I also recall the 1979 Mustang and Capris with the Michelin TRX tire option. A relative of mine was in sales at the dealership, and there was a call for help when a TRX-shod Capri couldn't get over the small bump to get into the service bays because there was a tiny bit of snow on the ground. Don't ask me how the guy drove it there. I hope it was there for the installation of winter tires.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 02-16-2021 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-16-2021, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Heat wave! 33 degrees!
i got my Montero back from the shop and plowed snow today from my driveway.....
Old 02-16-2021, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brian I'm running a Michelin Pilot Super Sport - 335/30ZR20 on the rear of my turbocharged SlingShot! They say it's summer only and they are not kidding! It's like you're on a wet road if it gets into the mid 40s! And I'm not that impressed with it even when it's warm! I'm thinking maybe Toyo Proxes R888?
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well they are forecasting 56* and sunny on Tuesday, I'm ready for it, taking all the toys out to play!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are warming up here big time. Last week it was -40C (-40F) but we are warming up to a balmy -5C (23F) in a few days.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Oh how garbage TRX originals were....
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:30 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra delivery in snow !! NY Long Island

Hi all, this is my very first post ! as of today I am officially a Backdraft cobra owner. ! Waited 5 years to make it possible. It was delivery today in NY, Long Island during the snowstorm by covered carrier. All went well but Carrier could not fit down the road to my home. Had to delivery it in a safe place off the main highway. This attracted all kinds of people stopping to video taping etc. I couldn’t believe that even before this car was uncovered, people gathering around it while it was being lifted out. Kinda cool for me as a new owner. At this time there is almost 2 inches of snow on the ground. My home is about a half mile away. Had the top up, heat on, led lights on, wipers on. Never drove a cobra before this and my heart was pounding.....I can tell u it’s not made for snow. !! Guardsman blue, Wimbledon. 427/480 Iconic. Sitting in my garage with it dreaming for a warmer day. ! Be safe everyone !!
rads42, Lightingrod, RB60 and 1 others like this.