Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Unique427
  • 1 Post By Hotrod46
  • 1 Post By Alfa02
  • 1 Post By sunman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2021, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default Fender Bender

Hello,

A guy just made a left hand turn right in front of me. Need the headlight trim ring and bulb mounting assembly. Do you guys know what car they are from?

Thanks
Ed
________
Old 03-26-2021, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Headlight Assembly ?

Had a fender bender. What car is the headlight trim ring and bulb mounting assembly from?

Thanks
Ed
________
Old 03-26-2021, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Light bucket assembly:

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...-assembly.aspx

If you don't want/have sealed beam lamps, Hella has nice 7" glass that works with
halogen and LED bulbs:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/h...SAAEgJqzPD_BwE

Headlight Gasket:

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...ht-gasket.aspx

Headlight Trim Ring:

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...light-rim.aspx

In case you need the trim ring retention screw:

https://www.csxparts.com/p-791-headlight-rim-screw.aspx
Roylerumble likes this.

Last edited by Unique427; 03-26-2021 at 05:50 PM..
Old 03-26-2021, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear Ed but glad you're OK and the damage seems slight! :-(
Old 03-26-2021, 07:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Classic Roadster's have a very unique (One-of-a-kind) headlight trim ring, 1/4-1/2" wider than a standard size 7" chrome trim ring to fit the fender line. if I hadn't found a pair (NOS) rings for mine, I was going to look into the 60-70's trim rings for Class 8 trucks (KW, Pete, Freights) that had a wider headlight buckets. Good luck, TommyRot.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Please let me know if you find a headlight trim ring that fits! I tried to order 2 from FinishLine... that was 4 months ago. Nobody answers calls, emails, texts or social media questions. I’ve given up on them.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     
Default Trim ring

I may have a trim ring?
Old 03-29-2021, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Classic Roadster's have a very unique (One-of-a-kind) headlight trim ring, 1/4-1/2" wider than a standard size 7" chrome trim ring to fit the fender line. if I hadn't found a pair (NOS) rings for mine, I was going to look into the 60-70's trim rings for Class 8 trucks (KW, Pete, Freights) that had a wider headlight buckets. Good luck, TommyRot.
Have you ever test fit these or known anyone to test fit them? I ask because I'm building a CR now and wonder if I should consider doing some modifications now and be able to find a part in the future rather than hunting for a non-existent NOS part...
Old 03-29-2021, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a CR Sebring (Healey). A few members of our Forum have determined that the industrial lights from this address are the replacements for our cars. It wouldn't surprise me if CR used the same buckets and trim rings on the Cobra since the cars are similar. Just looking at the pictures, this bucket is a dead ringer for the one in my car.

https://www.millsupply.com/7-headlig...3.php?p=326584

The trim rings are listed seperate on that site as Headlight Doors.

CR modified the Healey body heavily to fit parts that were readily available from US suppliers when the body molds were made. Almost no body specific Healey parts will fit, other that trunk hinges and latch handles. As I said, they most likely did the same the same thing to the Cobra body.
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by Hotrod46; 03-29-2021 at 07:26 AM..
Old 03-29-2021, 08:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@Roylerumbe , I was sent a pair (NOS) from a gentleman in TN. (Big Dog, Mad Dog) something like that. It was 3-4 years ago. He was I believe a CR dealer back in the day, charged me 40+shipping, and told me to treat them like gold, because they were hard to come by even back in the days when they were building them. If I hadn't have found these, I was going to the truck site's like HotRod46 found. I can measure outside to outside dia. on mine if you like?
Roylerumble likes this.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I’ve always heard what Hotrod46 says. I’ve got one in my hand and it looks the same as Millsupply picture. It’s stamped “GLA 2” in the center with “HL-1000-W” on bucket rim. It has a Wagner 2D1 bulb. Fits Mack truck model R, DM or U. Complete assy #2M046P10. Bucket 8.32”,OEM# 8154-343101010. Bezel 8.62” replacement #11M036R. Made in USA by PAI Industries. WOODLINE parts, RANEYS Truck Parts
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by sunman; 03-30-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Old 03-30-2021, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK 4 289 HI Po with Webers
Not Ranked     

FYI
I ordered some side emblems from Finishline a couple months ago. They charged my CC and I waited almost a month but they never came so I started calling and leaving messages. The last message I left was not very nice. The next time I called he answered the phone and we had a decent conversation. He appologised and explained he was a one man operation and between tryiing to home school his kids because of the pandemic and the fact that he was behind so many orders he just couldn't keep up. He had the emblems in stock and sent them out the same day. You have to rember that small suppliers like this get all their products from other major manufacturers mostly from overseas. You know how that goes, look at the problem in the Suez Canal right now. Keep trying to call him and leave nice messages at first then let him know you need your part really bad and it's holding you up from driving your car. Try different times of the day, early morning, noon, late evening. Eventually he will answer.

Jim

Last edited by 65arboc; 03-30-2021 at 09:05 AM..
Old 03-30-2021, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Jim,
Glad to hear you got your parts.
I did the same, for months. All messages were very polite. Calls, emails, Facebook messages. I think you lucked out. He’s ignoring everyone else. How hard is it to put a message on the website saying backlogged-expect a 4+ month delay? (ya-thats how long I’ve been waiting, with no reply) I’ve owned small businesses before. This is not how you run a business. Busy or not. It’s beyond unprofessional.
I don’t like to talk ill of other people, and I always give the benefit of the doubt... but this guy needs to get his act together or stop taking peoples money.