Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     
Default Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hello Everyone
First of all I have been a car nut all my life. I have owned several muscle cars in my day. I currently own a 1966 Chevelle Malibu SS (don't hate me) but my passion has always been Cobra's. I am seriously looking at purchasing a Cobra after I sell my Chevelle.

I have read a ton of posts regarding brining in a "kit car" into Canada and it just sounds like a HUGE hassle. I am lucky to have 2 different companies fairly close to me, one is a Superformance Dealer and the other is Boss Replica Motors. I am very familiar with Superformance and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Cobra from them. Being that they are in my province would I have the same hassles or issues registering the car? Has anyone had first hand experiences with Boss Replica?

I look forward to hearing your comments........
Thanks
Stu.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

Hi Stu,

You can't bring a Superformance into Canada.

I'm not familiar with Boss but if you're not into building one give Paul Burry (Burry's Performance 416-999-4144 Markham) a call. He can quote you on building a new Factory Five from scratch.

Good luck.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey zzmac
Thanks for that contact. I will check with Paul.

I thought it would be easy with the Superformance because they are located an hour from where I live. (already in Canada)
Stu.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Even though the Superformance Canada website is still active, the company is long gone. SPFs sometimes come up on the resale market in Canada, if you're interested, so keep your eyes on the AutoTrader and other usual listings/sites.

From what I understand the BRM and FFR kits are similar, but different. You should check them both out if you're looking to build a car. The new MkIV from FFR looks pretty nice, more accurate body than the previous three editions, if that matters to you.

Also check out my list of Cobra replica manufacturers in Canada.

Last edited by SunDude; 06-11-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good to hear another fellow Canadian might be getting a cobra

I cant say enough good things about the Superformance cobra , in my opinion the only cobra to buy ( factory built , quality all the way , resale value) and as Sundude noted they do come available sometimes in Canada

Please keep us informed of your progress towards your purchase
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

Sawdust
Give Ralph @ Canadian Stock Car (905-954-0520) a call, he is located in Newmarket Ont. He can supply you with a complete package to build a Johnex kit. All Canadian, probably one of the strongest chassis you will ever find, also a very accurate body.
He can build it with almost any combination of engine & suspension you like.

If you want he will build it to a roller for you also. Nice guy, very honest, been in business for ions. Bonus---no hassels with importing or registration.

Craig
Old 06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: D&D
Not Ranked     

Another option is D&D Cobra in Quebec it is a custom shop and will supply a kit to a complete. I have a D&D and live in Wasaga Beach there is another one in Georgetown.
Cheers Greg
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys!
Thanks a ton for all the great info. It will really help me out. I really do appreciate your help

Stu.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys - FYI
I was at our local car show tonight with my Chevelle. We had a great turnout (100 cars) towards the end of the night a beautiful silver Cobra appears. I work my way over to the car and start chatting with the owner. He has a 10th anniversary Superformance Cobra with a 427 Roush motor, 587hp to the rear wheels. He says to me "want to go for a ride" I looked at him like he was nuts!!! are you kidding me..... YES I SAID....... off we went, what a ride...... sooooooo much power!! after about 10 minutes he says "do you want to drive?" OMG I couldn't believe what he just asked me. We switched seats and I drove..... Absolutely unbelievable..... I was in heaven!! What a drive!! This Cobra owner made my day, my week end..... I couldn't believe he would first of all ask me if I wanted a ride let alone ask if I wanted to drive his car. I won't sleep much tonight.......lol In closing...... anybody want to buy a Chevelle

Stu.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Stu

Get hold of Ross henry of riverside racers pretty sure he was superformance canada .
He is in Ontario . (001) 7164064455
or Ross@riversideracers.com
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, Lucia289
I have emailed both Riverside Racers and CSC. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!
Cheers Stu.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Sawdust,

I know of two 10th anniversary ed. SPFs in Canada. One of them just sold in the Toronto area last summer, SP02094, so maybe this is the one you got to drive (the other is in Quebec). That's one incredibly nice guy, to take you for a ride and let you get behind the wheel.

I remember the first time I test drove a Superformance Cobra back in Aug 2001. The feeling never left me and I just had to get one, which I eventually did. In fact I bought it from Ross.

By the way, Ross was not involved in Superformance Canada. That was a father-son operation run by Len and Allan Skok. Ross knows them and has his own Riverside Racers venture going with Hi-Tech Automotive, the same factory that builds SPFs today.

Last edited by SunDude; 06-12-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Check with Don at D+D, he just picked up a SlabSide body from me, will be adding that style car to his roster. Me and Don are also working on a deal for Cheetahs too.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1986 Autokraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     
Default Ac mkiv

Buy an AutoKraft MKIV
Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Roadster - Delivery late April 2011, 302 small block
Not Ranked     

Hi from Ottawa,

In my recent and lengthy discussions with Transport Canada it must be noted that the rules apply to kits built in Canada as well. In general if they deem that the kit is in fact an unassembled car then they can demand to see the manufacturers vehicle safety compliance certificate. It should be noted that no kit company has one of these. It is not the absence of a drivetrain that decides this, it is whether it can be made to roll. So if a kit comes with suspension, body, wiring, fuel system etc. it will be deemed an unassembled car. If they deem it this and it is imported it can be refused at the border or if you happen to get it in they can order its removal.

Factory Five gets around this by providing bare frame and body kits and then having tne purchaser find a used mustang to use as the donor for fuel system, suspension, wiring etc.

I am lucky in that I have a frame with all of the suspension that I imported 24 years ago and therefore nothing else that I purchase either separately or as a package has the potential to be deemed an unassembled car.