Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Central Oklahoma New Guy (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/110605-central-oklahoma-new-guy.html)

teamacacia 05-13-2011 12:08 PM

Central Oklahoma New Guy

Just wanted to say an introductory hello and let everyone know that I am in the beginning stages of researching a future build that I'd like to start in the next 12-24 months. I have done a bit of lurking around the site lately and figured I should register and introduce myself. I haven't decided on which company to use just yet and hope to glean some good information from the membership. I'd also love to meet some local folks to pick their brains as well.
Thanks!
Todd G.

lnfletcher 05-13-2011 01:44 PM

Welcome!
There is lots of help on this site! Vast amounts of knowledge!
You may want to take a day and drive up to Granby MO and check out Brian's facility at B&B. That should give you a good start.

Juggernaut 05-13-2011 03:24 PM

Welcome to the fourm! Like Infletcher said, you'll find plenty of knowledgable folks here on Club Cobra. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I got a lot of helpful advice here during my build.

First, determine what you want to use your Cobra for, cruises, shows, tracking or a maybe a combination of these.

Then, figure out your budget & add about 20% to it. Then research the many companies and talk to Cobra owners & even ask to go for a ride. We like to give folks rides!

B&B is a great place to start, they offer a quality kit at a fair price & their customer service is great.

The key to a successful build is research, research, research.

Good luck!

Randy

teamacacia 05-16-2011 04:20 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome! I will definitely be doing a significant amount of research and probably leaning on the membership to learn from their experiences!

jrite8888 05-16-2011 04:31 AM

Welcome teamacacia,

There is a lot of knowledge concerning these cars on this website. Look around at various manufacturers and see what fits your budget and your likes and dislikes.

I have a Classic Roadster and live in Choctaw. If you are interested in seeing my car let me know.

Once again Welcome.

Jerry

Clois Harlan 05-16-2011 04:50 AM

The very best bang for your buck is either a Hurricane or a Backdraft. Call Mike at Hurricane or James Yale in Houston with Backdraft. I can provide both phone numbers if you are interested. Once you make your choice and get started let us know and maybe a few of us East siders can make a road trip over to OKC.

Clois Harlan