Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Newbie from Georgia

Hi all.

I've been in love with Shelby Cobra's since I can remember. I think about the time I was 6 years old. There's a picture of me playing with a die-cast cobra around Christmas time. I think that's where it started.

In high school, I made money buying and selling old mustang. I got out of that when I married my first wife. That didn't go well, but my love for the cars hasn't changed. Now I'm into my 40's and I'm getting close to being able to jump into the kit cars financially. I even have my wife's blessing. We're putting the finishing touches on a garage to house my future time-sink.

I've read many opinions here over the last few months about the different kits, FF, ERA, Unique, etc... Unique is just a state over from me, and I've had the chance to compare them side by side with some of the other kits and they really impressed me with the look, curves, solid fit, thickness of the shell and everything. So I'm leaning that way.

I'll be going 427 when it comes time. I had a 71 Torino with a 427 SCJ back in the day and I just love the sound and power from those bad boys.

I've always believed cars were meant to be driven, so when I finally pull the trigger and start (and finish) this sucker isn't going to sit in the garage. It'll be a fair weather queen to be sure, but it'll get some mileage on it.

So anyway - that's me. I figured it was past time to stop lurking and introduce myself.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM 466 Ford aluminum Blue Thunder heads
Not Ranked     

I'm in Roswell, must be 25 guys in the Atl with cars, you'll see some at Caffeine & Octane and a few more with the FF guys. I wish we had an actual active club here, I've met up with some locals from time to time but mostly with out of state clubs. Can't go wrong with a Unique! HURRY UP!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go with Unique

I'll second the vote on Unique. In addition to the accuracy of authenticity, they are great people to work with. I've been to their shop a couple of times, and they spent all kinds of time with me showing me works in progress and answering questions. They've been in business for a long time and know what they are doing.

You've maybe already taken a look at their website.....consider the level of completeness of assembly that you get with the Deluxe Pallet Kit (ie., suspension installed, brake lines already bent and run, etc.). Even if it's some work that you feel you would want to do and could do yourself and save money on what might be considered labor on their part, this will save you loads of frustration in that for any disassembly of their work that you have to do for drive train insertion and body work, you know it will go back together because you took it apart, and you don't have to worry about things not matching up or missing parts or fasteners. In the end, you will be on the road much quicker, and that little bit of extra money up front will seem like a small price to have paid to get you there.

Also, being just one state over, it would make for an easy day trip if you want to check on build progress, and a much easier and probably less expensive delivery when the time comes, even if you pick it up yourself.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different rumble. Let him step to the sidepipes which he hears, however measured or far away. - H.D. Thoreau...if he had owned a Cobra
Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

Greetings!!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owned CSX 3121 1969-1975. Went to the dark side and bought a 'Vette. May yet repent and be saved.
Not Ranked     

Unsolicited smartass comment: SCJ engines were 428s, not 427s.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1984 Aurora Cobra Mark II #153
Not Ranked     

Actually in 1971, the SCJ engine was a 429. Just trying to help.

Michael
Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Welcome Skink!

In case your not aware there's a page for your/our area. Under forums titled AC Cobra, it hasn't been very active lately however?

AC Cobra - Club Cobra

Ralphy
Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Skink,

You will have a very nice Cobra there when you finish. One thing to mention, the 70 429 engines were the 385 series and not FEs, so you will need a Bell Housing that will fit that bolt pattern. But if you still have your engine you most likely have the transmission too. Anyway, congratulations and good luck on the build.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery