Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2607 Roush 427IR 8-stack EFI
Not Ranked     
Default New Guy from PR, San Juan

Hello All,

I am looking fwd to start in this hobby and learn from all of you guys, I am long time motorcycle racer.

I am also in search of a Cobra, willing to pay the right price for something unique..

Cheers

Hector
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorturer View Post
Hello All,

I am looking fwd to start in this hobby and learn from all of you guys, I am long time motorcycle racer.

I am also in search of a Cobra, willing to pay the right price for something unique..

Cheers

Hector

First, welcome to the clubcobra, be careful or you may just lose your mind absorbing data.

Second, how "unique" do you want to have, I've got a true 1 of 1 ERA 289FIA up for sale, you can see the details by clicking the link in my sig.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coombe, Shelby Block 496
Not Ranked     

Pm sent
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Hola Hector:
Bienvenido al Club Cobra. I live in NY for the last 36 years and I have a West Coast Cobra. You are in for a treat when it comes to information. As MrMustang said you need to narrow down what you want and what your budget is. Send me a pm and we can talk more.
Saludos
Lou (Basque1)
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the advise. When I say unique, I am referring to the look and conditions of the engine, for example I was recently bidding for the Porsche orange color Shelby of VMAN but someone came and hit the buy it now for $49k, so it was not for me, I don't pay 49k for a 10,300 miles engine... link here Shelby : Backdraft Racing Cobra - Roush Edition in Shelby | eBay Motors

The car of StreetSnake is also a nice piece for me, I like the color and the motor The "NEW" Backdraft #821

so for me unique would be a high performance tuned motor with a non traditional color and accessories. Is the orange backdraft on Ebay were below 5k miles, I will definitely pay 49k, but when you are talking of high performance engines you should always look into lower miles owners.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Basque1, Gracias!

My budget could be from $40 up to $69k...
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am looking for a Backdraft 550hp Roush or Roush supercharged. Black/Red or Orange/Black, or dark grey. I like this car Gallery :: 65 Backdraft Cobra :: Post7 but I am not going to pay 49k for a 10,300 miles engine, that simply in high performance engine don't work for me.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hello Basque1, Gracias!

My budget could be from $40 up to $69k...
My 4.6L only has 4,500 miles on it's custom build, yet 20,000 miles on the chassis (freshly gone through this past summer with less than 1,000 miles on it).

Regardless of whether you are interested in this or that, the only advice I can give you is to choose carefully, do not buy a Cobra replica on sheer looks alone, as you may get far less than you pay for. As for mileage, again, be careful, as there are reasons why someone sells a car with ultra low mileage, most of the time is because they are tired of working the bugs out, dumping the car on the next unsuspecting owner. Take a giant step back and do a lot of reading on this site before you buy anything from anyone. Educate yourself on each manufacturer you are looking at. Make sure you know when updates to the chassis's were done, when updates to the electrical systems were done (on a manufacturing level), and what issues owners have had to overcome. Once you have learned all you can, then make the jump to Cobra ownership.

Again, welcome to the madness.

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI; '68 427FESO Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Hola Hector y Bienvenido.

I see that the island has been bitten by the snake. In the last few months I've caught two cars that live there. One seems to be a silver Superformance in a more traditional 427 s/c livery, and the other one looks like a FFR or maybe Backdraft? This last one has a high performance engine with all the good modern stuff from a great engine builder, Keith Craft in Arkansas. Perhaps you have met either one in Salinas and/or Ponce?

Friendly reminder, you probably will not stand a chance against all the tricked out Asian wonders down there on a road race. You know Puerto Ricans can make little rockets of those better than any body else in the world. If you are thinking drag, then by all means.

Anyways, I am sure you are counting in the transportation costs/taxes involved in bringing that car inside the island... I imagine it is not cheap.

Good luck and enjoy!
IMG_0260.jpg photo by tutosbucket | Photobucket
Old 01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill, Thanks for your advise! Excellent, I will definitely make my homework.

Tutosnake, yes here the Asian cars are silent monsters, I remember back in 1996, I had my Civic coupe 1.6 Turbo, it was all made with donors and visiting the junker, the turbine kkk was from an old Porsche, the pistons from a Suzuki Vitara, Rod from a 87 Acura Integra, additional fuel supplied with 4 550cc supra injectors, Inter-cooler from a Suzuki truck, Haltech computer, the result in the quarter mile was 11.2 sec at 122 miles in a 1.6 L engine. (took out the seats, with slick tires).

Last edited by hectorturer; 03-08-2013 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: .
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did forget about the bribe, I mean favor...
Keep us posted on what you decide to get and post pics... lots of great backgrounds on the island for pics...
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Bill, Thanks for your advise! Excellent, I will definitely make my homework.

Tutosnake, yes here the Asian cars are silent monsters, I remember back in 1996, I had my Civic coupe 1.6 Turbo, it was all made with donors and visiting the junker, the turbine kkk was from an old Porsche, the pistons from a Suzuki Vitara, Rod from a 87 Acura Integra, additional fuel supplied with 4 550cc supra injectors, Inter-cooler from a Suzuki truck, Haltech computer, the result in the quarter mile was 11.2 sec at 122 miles in a 1.6 L engine. (took out the seats, with slick tires).

I took into consideration the delivery that is about 2-3k, the taxes not sure but this is PR, the last year I pay for a Polaris RZR-S 800 $300 only and $200 for the supervisor... hope to see him again... lol
Hector:
I know that there are a lot of sleeper Asian cars in PR, despite all the modifications they can do I still consider them as "rice burners" (my opinion) there is no substitute to pure American Muscle, when you turn that engine on you know the coffee cans (;-)) are moving up and down unleashing the raw power of displacement.
That being said, all the advise that you have received so far is in fact sound, ultimately, once your decision is done, it is done, being a Cobra owner requires a constant vigilance of all the hicups and quirks of our cars, that is just the culture of it. You are never done, when you buy a second hand car you still want to personalize it to your taste that is part of the fun.

My recommendation, is one--ENJOY IT!! this is not anything like you have experienced before.
Saludos
Lou (Basque1)
PS
The taxes in PR when the car is delivered are based on the year and some of the equipment inside the car. Beware they could be steep.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

hector,

Get in touch with Vintage Motorsports. Jay should be able to set you up with something brand new built to your liking and well within your budget.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My New Cobra

Thanks to all Club Cobra members, the seller Kevin Brown and especially to Juan Bonilla, president of Kentuky Cobra Club.

Here a good article written by Juan. Cheers
Full Article here: Click
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tremendo carro, Hector. Que lo disfrutes...
hectorturer likes this.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tuto!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks Tuto!
hey,

Are you buy the car? I'm from Puerto Rico and I have a backdraft jack roush supercharger edition. I understand that in Puerto Rico just arrive 3 backdraft including my car. Attached some photos. If you are interested to buy one, let me know.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...1&d=1365470509

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...4607.jpg?stc=1

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...4626.jpg?stc=1
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks Tuto!
Nice car, I'm from Puerto Rico and I have a Backdraft jack roush supercharger edition. I understand that in PR only have 3 BD incluiding my BD. If you are interested to buy the car, let me know I can sale my BD.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, I have a SPF 427IR Roush 8 stack en suelo Boricua, pictures in previous posts..
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Photos please

Hector,

Man, I can't wait to ride that puppy when I go to Puerto Rico this Summer.

What about the hardtop deal?

Juan
hectorturer likes this.

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904