Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     
Red face new old guy

Hi everyone I am new to this posting stuff I am going to be retiring soon and was looking to purchase a supper performance or a backdraft ac cobra planing on spending between 50 -65 k for the right car not the one who's owner has a 10 yr old kit car and thinks its a real cobra looking for someone who wants to sell for a fair price 427 stroker is fine does not have to be a fe motor no 302s perfer blue or red must have stripes thank you and god bless.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Check 427 Cobra Country--Ford AC Cobra replica manufacturers SUPER-SITE
Buzz and hauss like this.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Fixed it for you:
Quote:
Hi everyone. I am new to this posting stuff. I am going to be retiring soon and was looking to purchase a Superformance or a Backdraft AC cobra. Planing on spending between 50 -65 k for the right car not the one who's owner has a 10 yr old kit car and thinks its a real cobra. Looking for someone who wants to sell for a fair price. 427 stroker is fine, does not have to be an FE motor. No 302s. Perfer blue or red, must have stripes. Thank you and god bless.
Hello Hauss and welcome to the Cobra madness. One small tip about this posting stuff: If you want people to take the time to read your posts and offer assistance, please be considerate and take the time yourself to use a little punctuation. You don't need to be Shakespeare, and the odd typos or spelling errors are ok, but at least use a period at the end of each sentence to make the post easier to read and understand. You will get more responses that way.
Good luck with your search. The tip about Cobra Country is a good one - you'll get a good feel there for prices and what's available. If you see something there and have questions, members here will be happy to help out.
Ron61, redmt, RCSC and 1 others like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-22-2018, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Don't worry Buzz, proper English is lost on many of us! I was looking at your Cobra thoughts and didn't notice any English errors!
Buzz likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Go for the throat Buzz! Break him in right! We cn't have the nubys speekin inglish we cnt unnerstan>>>>>>
Buzz likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Mr hauss,

Please don't be scared off by grumpy ol' Buzz. He has to get his posts vetted because his spelling and grammer is so bad, and he's a little embarrassed about it.
Also, we tend to take the p!ss out of each other, only occasionally though, so don't be put off

As correctly suggested, Cobra Country is a great place to start your search....have you seen anything there?

Cheers,
Glen
Buzz, Alfa02 and hauss like this.

Last edited by xb-60; 02-23-2018 at 07:12 PM..
Old 02-23-2018, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
Hi everyone I am new to this posting stuff I am going to be retiring soon and was looking to purchase a supper performance or a backdraft ac cobra planing on spending between 50 -65 k for the right car not the one who's owner has a 10 yr old kit car and thinks its a real cobra looking for someone who wants to sell for a fair price 427 stroker is fine does not have to be a fe motor no 302s perfer blue or red must have stripes thank you and god bless.
PhotoPost Classifieds - ERA 427 S/C - FOR SALE - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you twobjshelbys you seem to understand my humor those other guys must be the ones I was referring about .sorry to be honest I barely passsed high school worked my ass off! now ready to purchase a car like its owner !
Buzz likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

For the record, I do not think Buzz was rude or intended it to be rude. However getting schooled in public is uncomfortable for many. Me not so much, pretty thick skinned. Perhaps it would have been better as a PM.

That all said Buzz is correct. If your post makes peoples heads hurt when trying read it, it has to be really good stuff to be worth the pain, or they just start avoiding it. So good advice.

To Hauss. Keep on and keep learning. The more you read and post, the better you will get. Nobody is asking for perfection.

Good luck on the search. This site also has a for sale section. One advantage to buying from a member of this site, is that you can do a search on the owner and read their posts. You can find a wealth of information on the cars history and get a feel for the type of person you are dealing with. Good luck with the search.

Fill in the information on where you live. There may be other members near you. You could be a mile from me or the other end of the country. I have no clue.

End of June, London Ohio Cobra show typically has a couple hundred Cobras show up give or take 75. Usually several of every manufacturer are there. If you can swing it, it is worth attending. A hand full of manufacturers are typically there, with some tranny and engine builders, too. For a $20 raffle ticket you might win a Cobra that is raffled off to raise money for cystic fibrosis each year.
Buzz, Ron61 and hauss like this.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sorry for the unsolicited advice - no offense itended

hi hauss when i said hello and welcome i sincerely meant it you said youre new to posting and your post was indeed a pain to read i offered well meaning advice your last post is much better very readable i think youll fit in just fine around here john and glen lol all in good fun welcome to the madness i think its all the noise and wind buffeting lol sincerely again good luck with your search keep us posted

i wanted to post more but my dads brother jack cant get out of the saddle so i have to go help my uncle jack off a horse
xb-60 and hauss like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Last edited by Buzz; 02-24-2018 at 06:48 AM..
Old 02-24-2018, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Not sure - but I may have been dissed for painting and assembling my 9-yr old ERA myself. Punctuation now and then would help. But good luck with the search.
lnfletcher likes this.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:03 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Mr. Hauss, Welcome sir. Again please don't take offense. I have only been a member for a short time, but in that time, these gentleman (I use that term loosely have been there for me with Parts, Knowledge, etc. (Try finding parts for a Cobra that hasn't been built in 20+ years) I never would have got my Cobra to it final stage of readiness (completed)without these guy's. The great thing about THIS club, is someone's idea of their perfect Cobra is just fine with everyone else, no one shoots down another gentleman's idea's (Plus we are not harming a org one). Good luck with your search. We're here for you, Tom.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

no offense taken or meant need/want a sb100 cobra blue or red with stripes I am a X motorcros racer dad cars are new to me but mechanics are not . really like multi carb or injected motors want a 427 small or big block not a fan of the 302 or the 460 though supper performance backdraft era are the ones Im most interested in plan on going to a lot of shows and mountain driving . that period was for you mr buzz
Buzz and HTM101 like this.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the period, hauss
If you're handy with a wrench, you might want to cosider an option like Unique Motorcars' deluxe pallet kit Kits
Super easy to assemble, you can add any engine/transmission you want, and of course you can choose your paint job. The only hitch I suppose is the SB 100.
Regardless, lots of folks get into these cars and then realize it's not for them, so if you keep your eyes peeled, you will find a car you like.
hauss likes this.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you, MR. Buzz. I will try to spell and punctuate all my words,and sentences correctly for you . Keep me in mind seriously I would love to start a new hobby with my wife and meet kind people who just want to have some fun! Also I would like to occasionally scare my wife with a little horse power!
Buzz, NewYorkGuy and Alfa02 like this.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Hauss, there's plenty of guys in the Bay area with Cobras. I see your in Lodi, I'm about an hour or so south of you outside Patterson. I've been scaring the wife for about 45 years with a little HP. She hasn't thanked me yet,,,,,
BTW don't pay any attention to Buzz. He ain't leaving his island. Even the hurricanes couldn't make him go anywhere.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PeteM unable to responed to you priately email dadyjohn1800@gmail.com

Last edited by hauss; 02-25-2018 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: problem solved
Old 02-25-2018, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

https://www.cars-on-line.com/shelby.html

Always has a great selection of cars for sale.
hauss likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Hauss a Cobra is like a motorcycle in may ways. Similar power to weight ratio (give or take, depending). Open cock pit. An engine that plays music to your ears. I think you will find yourself at home quickly.

Normally aspirated engines and the old adage "there is no replacement for displacement" ring true, depending on a great many things. If you do not want to spend a fortune building engines to spin 8000 + rpm and then risking that fortune every time you do, this is the way to go. Build them for 6000 rpm and build with big inches and you have a good combo.

If you like spinning your engine extremely fast like most motorcycles, you may not want to dismiss the old 302, so quickly. The factory blocks are week, but if you go with an aftermarket block with a 4.125 bore and a 3.4 stroke (or a 3.25" stroke) and build it to make peak Hp at 7000 rpm you would be surprised at the power. Now this is not my cup of tea, but it might be yours. Just remember Shelby was making about 450 hp out of a cast iron 289 in the 60's with pretty much all factory castings, minus the intake. I'm sure he wore out a lot of milling tools to port the heads, but you can purchase great aluminum heads today.
NewYorkGuy and hauss like this.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

perhaps consider a Shelby mustang gt350? air conditioned. modern safety, engine revs to 8500 rpm. Loud. Fun as sheet.