Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2020, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Newbie from Omaha

Saw my first 427 Cobra when I was 16 in 1966 at an Autocross in Omaha. I have loved them ever since. He couldn't keep the car on the track. It was great. I have had outrageous high HP bikes and cars, etc. I know how hard they bite. Boss Hoss with a 502/nitrous. Hennessey Viper etc. I drive a 66 502 Corvette roadster so I know all about driving a "milk wagon" I love the sound, power, attention, and everything else that accompanies high horsepower vehicles. I have total respect for all. I have been looking at the replicas for awhile and the more I look the more confused I get. I have read most of the newbie post and appreciate them. I do know I want high HP ( I know more isn't always better) but to me it is. I am looking for a turn key.
Not concerned with racing anymore, just loping through car shows and the occasional pipe snorting. I would love to hear your thoughts on what direction to take. I do know what I want just hard to make the choice and I am sure you fellers know where to find them. I have been around discussion boards and do no how valuable they are.
Thanks,

Hogg
Old 12-06-2020, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I'd start by skimming the topic list in this subforum. Also the "ALL COBRA TALK" subforum. For that matter, all of this place. There are lots of topics on getting to know Cobras.

Questions? Search can be your friend. Every question that can be asked about a Cobra has been asked, almost all more than once.

They are mean, nasty, smelly, rough idling, monsters. Every time you get in it the snake whispers in its hissy breath "I'm going to kill you". Driving one is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

PS. I'm originally from Sioux City.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 12-06-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley-408
Not Ranked     

Hogg,Your a pretty lucky guy as Shell Valley Classic Wheels are very close to Omaha.If you haven't already done it, check them out to see what they can do for you. Great people to work with and VERY knowledgeable and willing to answer any Cobra questions you may have.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I'd start by skimming the topic list in this subforum. Also the "ALL COBRA TALK" subforum. For that matter, all of this place. There are lots of topics on getting to know Cobras.

Questions? Search can be your friend. Every question that can be asked about a Cobra has been asked, almost all more than once.

They are mean, nasty, smelly, rough idling, monsters. Every time you get in it the snake whispers in its hissy breath "I'm going to kill you". Driving one is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

PS. I'm originally from Sioux City.
Thanks, Tony, mean smelly rough idling monster sounds great........
Old 12-06-2020, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshoe View Post
Hogg,Your a pretty lucky guy as Shell Valley Classic Wheels are very close to Omaha.If you haven't already done it, check them out to see what they can do for you. Great people to work with and VERY knowledgeable and willing to answer any Cobra questions you may have.
Ahshoe, Looking for a turn key. My build days are over. Thanks
Old 12-06-2020, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

You need to evaluate what you will be happy with, prior to beginning your search. The following post may be a good start?
New Guy Looking For Advice
Old 12-06-2020, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, BluePrint 427
Not Ranked     

Hogg -
I had the same quandary as you. I spent some time on the web including CC. Finally decided on a Superformance MK III rolling chassis. The car is ready to go, just select your choice of engine/transmission. Any other options can be dealer installed.
There is of course the 'used' market if you want the car ASAP. With luck you could find a car with the HP you desire. The web is your friend.

Dave -- chassis SPO3319
Old 12-06-2020, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Yes. Before undertaking the process look at what is out there. Cobra Country (www.cobracountry.com) is the go-to place for used Cobras.

Whatever you do, don't buy someone's old generation unfinished kit pile of parts. You'll scrounge for the parts to finish it and come up empty handed or pay through the nose for missing stuff.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane, 427/451 Side Oiler
Send a message via AIM to huskersnake Send a message via MSN to huskersnake Send a message via Yahoo to huskersnake
Not Ranked     

Hogg,
Welcome to the Club. You are in good company.

You may want to check with Hurricane Motorsports in Lake City, IA., about 90 minutes from Omaha. They may have moved to their new production facility in Carrol, IA since I built my Hurricane. Their main focus is complete kits, but they can do turn-key. Great team and excellent customer focus.

I'll bet that 66 Vette with a 502 is a real chest thumper.

Good luck finding that right car for you

I'm 90 minutes west of you on I-80.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Welcome Hogg, it's sounds like your looking for a used turn-key, your in luck as there are more seats than butt's to fill them right now, Aging out, Estate sales, etc. Big Hp is not a problem now-a-days, just make sure you have brakes, suspension, tires to match your HP. I'm a 15" tire fan, just from the org. look's, plus nothing fits the bill better then your Cobra lighting up the tires @ 60 in third gear As Tony said ask any questions, we're here to help, you have found a great group of knowledgeable gentlemen here. Maybe give us your budget, color wanted, 4 or 5speed, Small Block or Big Block, etc? We sometimes know of cars coming up for sale before anyone else. I know of a 2011 FFR Mk.4, with a SBF 408 (440+HP 500+ Ft. lbs. torque) TKO-600 5-speed, and a famous owner !! Let me know if you have any interest, by PM me. Cheers TommyRot.