Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   Cobra Plans (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/111848-cobra-plans.html)

carzone 07-25-2011 03:39 PM

Cobra chassis Plans

Hello my name is Dario from Uruguay , I need free plans for the chassis of the cobra to build ,THANKS

mickmate 07-25-2011 08:01 PM

Cobra Restorers

carzone 07-26-2011 06:29 AM

please i needed free plans for download thanks

LMH 07-26-2011 06:59 AM

I don't know of any free ones. Wouldn't mind having a set myself if you find some.
Larry

1ntCobra 07-26-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carzone (Post 1142702)
please i needed free plans for download thanks

You plan on building a car, but don't have $200 in your budget for a set of plans? :confused:

carzone 07-26-2011 09:54 AM

do not care whether I have 200 for the plans, I can not sending to Uruguay, others delayed a month to arrive, it's easier if I can not get free internet?, and you'd rather spend $ 200 on something that could get free?.
assumes that a forum is to help each other not to write this stupid message. Please do not waste more time and worry about your life

1ntCobra 07-26-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carzone (Post 1142738)
do not care whether I have 200 for the plans, I can not sending to Uruguay, others delayed a month to arrive, it's easier if I can not get free internet?, and you'd rather spend $ 200 on something that could get free?.
assumes that a forum is to help each other not to write this stupid message. Please do not waste more time and worry about your life

I'm sorry if I insulted you.

Nobody has indicated that there is a set of free plans yet. There might be some. Maybe not.

But lets just say for arguments sake that someone went to the trouble to research and draw up his own set of plans and then was charitable enough to make them freely available on the internet.

Now if I had my choice between the free plans and the $200 dollar plans, would I just automatically take and use the free ones? I think I would prefer to pick the better set of plans. The one with the most details and most correct measurements, etc. If the free ones were better, great, but if the $200 ones were better, I would not hesitate to spend the money.

And if I lived in Uruguay, I don't think that I would be concerned about waiting a month for the plans to make their way through customs, because the plans are probably just the first of many other shipping headaches to worry about.

I hope that you enjoy building your car. I don't have the talent to build a car from scratch.

carzone 07-26-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1142742)
I'm sorry if I insulted you.

Nobody has indicated that there is a set of free plans yet. There might be some. Maybe not.

But lets just say for arguments sake that someone went to the trouble to research and draw up his own set of plans and then was charitable enough to make them freely available on the internet.

Now if I had my choice between the free plans and the $200 dollar plans, would I just automatically take and use the free ones? I think I would prefer to pick the better set of plans. The one with the most details and most correct measurements, etc. If the free ones were better, great, but if the $200 ones were better, I would not hesitate to spend the money.

And if I lived in Uruguay, I don't think that I would be concerned about waiting a month for the plans to make their way through customs, because the plans are probably just the first of many other shipping headaches to worry about.

I hope that you enjoy building your car. I don't have the talent to build a car from scratch.

I need a basic plans because they do not get here in Uruguay Bodywork and probably a lot I need to modify the plan to adapt the mechanics to get here

redmt 07-26-2011 11:22 AM

I don't have a dog in this fight but,,,, How would you know that either set of plans was better or even any good at all without being able to see them? Getting a free set and then finding out they are insufficient is one thing. Buying a set and finding out they don't fit your needs leaves you out a couple hundred bucks.

JMHO
John

carzone 07-26-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmt (Post 1142749)
I don't have a dog in this fight but,,,, How would you know that either set of plans was better or even any good at all without being able to see them? Getting a free set and then finding out they are insufficient is one thing. Buying a set and finding out they don't fit your needs leaves you out a couple hundred bucks.

JMHO
John

excellent explanation to my problem

mr bruce 07-26-2011 12:06 PM

might i sugest purchasing a highly detailed model kit of a cobra, and using that as a basis to reverse engineer,and then scale up to full size. one of the best kits was the old MPC 12th scale cobra, check ebay

G-Pete 07-28-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Yes, the forum members help each other. But to insult and rolling down like a bulldozer is not the method to get answers here.

CobraV8 07-28-2011 08:01 AM

There are no free plans of the original Cobra frames, however both the 427 and 289 version drawings can be bought for a moderate price.

289 and Daytona Coupe ("drawings for sale" on the left) and check Mickmates link for the 427.

Simon

Avmaviator 08-03-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Pete (Post 1143068)
Yes, the forum members help each other. But to insult and rolling down like a bulldozer is not the method to get answers here.

Exactly, this guy is an idiot and an a-hole.

tcrist 08-03-2011 08:55 AM

If it takes to long to get them by mailing, then pay for the plans, pay to have the plans scanned to a PDF format, then send them by e-mail.

The plans are probably in PDF form already anyway.

Just a thought. Although I could be wrong and probably am.

carzone 02-04-2012 05:24 AM

wats is this plans ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1142637)

Wats is this plans ??
Cobra Restorers

simmilar to this ??

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...edario/169.jpg[/IMG]

or this '?

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...dario/1232.png[/IMG]

Thanks

COBRA427 02-04-2012 06:55 AM

Dats is you freee plan senor !!!

CobraV8 02-04-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carzone (Post 1174140)
Wats is this plans ??
Cobra Restorers

simmilar to this ??

or this '?

Thanks

Neither of the two, more like this ;)

http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/mf...frame001x5.jpg

carzone 02-05-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraV8 (Post 1174158)
Neither of the two, more like this ;)

http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/mf...frame001x5.jpg

excellent response, thanks friend

G-Pete 02-05-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COBRA427 (Post 1174152)
Dats is you freee plan senor !!!

:LOL: - good one.

Quote:

...I can not sending to Uruguay, others delayed a month to arrive...

Took him 6 month to come back and ask again...by that time he could download Solid Edge (free) and start to learn to CAD. :rolleyes: