Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   canadian classic roadsters build #1 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/136100-canadian-classic-roadsters-build-1-a.html)

gn_n_60_shelby 03-20-2016 11:14 AM

canadian classic roadsters build #1

hello all , I thought I would start a thread here instead of the CRII section

my name is Ryan and I am the sole owner of Canadian classic roadsters.
we are located in regina sask Canada.

I acquired the molds for the classic roadsters cobra and am starting up production of kits on a limited basis.

a new chassis is being developed and from the help of some awesome cobra guys I acquired a unbuilt CRII kit to help in the R&D work.

well the first body was pulled from the molds several weeks ago and we are nearing ccompletion of the first chassis so this thread will be an on going build log of car #1. the car will be built with IRS rear suspension. front sn95 style front suspension, 428 big block engine, supersnake hoodscoop, optional hard top and a stunning paint job. so stay tuned for a very fun build of an iconic car.
for any product questions please goto the CRII forum as id like to keep this about the build .
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...=15006&thumb=1

RYAN'S CUSTOMS.....BUILDING A LEGEND
NOTE( Ryan's customs is in no way affiliated with Classic roadsters or classic roadsters II)

Paintwerks 03-29-2016 03:02 PM

Excellent news Ryan! I'm sorry that after 9 days and 161 views, nobody has bothered to post in this thread....very disappointing for such an exciting initiative on your behalf.

I for one will be watching your build thread with great interest. I love build threads and only wish that there were more on here.

Please do keep us updated with your progress. Good luck with your venture.

Sime

MaSnaka 03-29-2016 05:19 PM

Ryan,
Just saw this thread. But I have seen your progress in other threads you have posted. Bravo to you!! Long live the Classic Roadster. There was a couple other build threads which many followed so keep posting pictures of your progress and explain you trials. We love this stuff. Thanks and good luck.

John

gn_n_60_shelby 03-29-2016 07:54 PM

Well the start was a lil rocky but the first chassis is very near completion
just finishing up foot boxes and then fab will start on the new style roll bar. The chassis turned out great and pics will follow as soon as its powder coated. The crii will live again.

gn_n_60_shelby 04-07-2016 08:14 PM

cobra chassis and body now fitted

2 Attachment(s)
well the chassis is now made to fit the cr body. a lot of engineering but im very happy with the fitment.
a few more brackets to make and then off to paint then assembly

gn_n_60_shelby 05-19-2016 03:41 PM

sorry no pics but the front frame structure for the rad is fabricated and a few final welds then off to powder coat. two more chassis under construction as we speak.
getting very close to assembly of the beast.

Sawdust 05-20-2016 02:55 AM

Ryan
Keep the updates and pics coming. Great to see the progress you have been making!

Cobralaraza 06-14-2016 09:05 PM

awesome! keeping an eye out for new updates about this. good luck on your build

SoCal 06-26-2016 08:00 AM

Hi Ryan, Did you happen to acquire any of the other molds from CR II? My Dad built a Sebring 5000 and has damaged the hood. Looking for a replacement.

If you didn't, I am wondering if the last owner still has the ability to make them. If that is the case do you have contact info for him or be willing to pass on my info to him?

Thanks, Brian

duehew 06-26-2016 11:03 AM

Sad to say the lack of response here sounds too much Great Lakes Roadsters and Terry Gatrell. A job of a con artist. Lets hope I am totally wrong.

Du

gn_n_60_shelby 06-26-2016 02:32 PM

Hello all. Just spending most of my free time building and fabricating. I sent a pm about the healey hood. We won't be producing the healey
The cobra is nearing completion and 2 others are being produced
Will have updates in a few weeks.

duehew 06-26-2016 07:34 PM

Congratulations for taking up the business but I am a little puzzled. With so many Cobra replica producers out there why are you investing your time and knowledge in that arena?? I would think you would be further ahead to concentrate on the Austin Healey's. What happened, did you get only Cobra molds and NOT Austin Healey Molds??? Thank.s

gn_n_60_shelby 06-26-2016 09:08 PM

I've got the molds for both as well as the Daytona coupe. I however got no chassis jigs for either and already owned a cobra chassis jig. The cobra is way easier to produce as I have the tooling to do so. If you want to produce healeys the molds are for sale.

duehew 06-27-2016 10:02 AM

I wish I was younger and had the time, Thanks. Too bad with your energy and expertise you cannot produce parts for the Healey's. Besides the Cobra and Healey are only different by body and attachments. From what I saw in the manual and advertisement the chassis and set-up was the same for both. Besides from what I see in the photo above your chassis is of a different manufacture not from Classic Roadsters. There are plenty out there that would buy your product. Thank you.

xlr8tr 06-27-2016 01:47 PM

great to see a cobra being built in Canada! My Can-am was Canadian built as well.

SnakeDoc 07-05-2016 12:52 PM

Where are my Sidepipes for my Classic Roadster

Ryan my check cleared on May 6 and as of July 5th I have not received my side pipes.

I have emailed you a number of times but can not get a response

Please advise

Tom
snakedoc:mad:

SnakeDoc 07-11-2016 07:18 PM

Do not do business with this person Ryan Maertens
gn_n_60_shelby Classic Roadsters
I sent him $600 in May for a set of sidepipes and he has never shipped them and will not return my emails.

gn_n_60_shelby 09-02-2016 09:52 PM

Side pipes

Hello. All.

Have had a lot of problems.

I shipped a set of side pipes at my cost and they were lost in shipping
I used a not so good shipper. Since then I have told him to send a shipper of his choice and I will gladly hand them another set of pipes. He has to date not done this. But would rather send rude and insulting emails. After these negative posts are removed. I'll gladly let what ever shipper pick up the pipes and he can get on with his build.

joyridin' 09-03-2016 06:18 AM

Sorry, but just from reading these posts, that is not the way things are done. He paid you, so it is your responsibility to get him his pipes. If the pipes were lost, you probably got reimbursed from the claim, so you still have his money and he still has no pipes.

Use UPS or some other good source and send him his pipes like you promised. Clear and simple.

gn_n_60_shelby 09-03-2016 07:59 AM

I'm in canada. And because of the lovely border am not able to send via collect.
There was no reimbursement on the first set of pipes as they were shipped from plentywood mt to Tom collect via a third party shipper who uses ups and purolator. There was no insurance on the shipment. Therefore I'm supplying a second set of pipes at my cost
Also sold them to Tom at below cost to help him out as these don't fit the new chassis
So to insure he receives the pipes the second time around. I've asked him several times to arrange the shipping with the company of his choice and to have insurance in place.
He never paid me for the shipping the first time around. And I was in constant contact with Tom the entire time. Sorry for delays but it room a bit of time to try and track down the list pipes. Which didn't happen.