Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   Gasdoc's ERA build - #813 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/136638-gasdocs-era-build-813-a.html)

Gasdoc 06-23-2016 06:43 AM

Thanks Gregg for posting the pics and thanks to everyone for your ideas and recommendations. Looks like I got plenty of time to figure it out. I got the call from Peter that my car is ready to be painted but Connecticut Customs is swamped right now. They say it'll be 2-3 weeks before they can even pick up the car and their current turn around time is probably 7 weeks! :((( That puts me well into September for delivery. What a bummer.

Gregg(What's his name)? 06-23-2016 01:57 PM

no Problem. Waiting for mine will be a practice in patience. :)

rbgray1 07-12-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernica (Post 1393422)
Why, yes it is and thanks RK! I have the exact paint code if someone needs it.
I personally love the color and get many compliments.:cool::cool:

Bernica,

I'd love the Ford Paint code.

Year, Model, and code.

I'm in the auto coatings business so know the ins and outs. I'm getting ready to repaint my CR1 from Racing Red to blue with white stripes. Just doing many other mods to the original build and know that I need to start finalizing color scheme and plan as I will be repainting the firewall and continuing the stripes down the firewall, under hood and decklid. I will need to do some of this long before I put the body back on.

BTW, your car looks great. Thanks again.

RodKnock 07-12-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbgray1 (Post 1398455)
Bernica,

Year, Model, and code.

I'm in the auto coatings business so know the ins and outs. I'm getting ready to repaint my CR1 from Racing Red to blue with white stripes. Just doing many other mods to the original build and know that I need to start finalizing color scheme and plan as I will be repainting the firewall and continuing the stripes down the firewall, under hood and decklid. I will need to do some of this long before I put the body back on.

It's gorgeous. I'd say the perfect shade of blue for a Cobra. I saw it in person.

Bernica 07-12-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Bernica,

Year, Model, and code.

Thanks! I will dig up the paint code this afternoon and get it to you.:cool:

Bernica 07-12-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Bernica,

Year, Model, and code.

I found it. According to my notes, it's a Ford Taurus color:

KM Royal Blue Pearl Metallic
1998 Ford Taurus

I hope that helps!

davids2toys 10-02-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanEC (Post 1394467)
I hope Dave (Davids2toys) isn't following the thread. We'll have to figure out how to properly torque caliper bleeder screws. :LOL:

Just getting to this thread...:D.
If I remember correctly, I just kept snugging it until it wasn't leaking when pushing on the brake pedal
I did install these on the rear calipers for the reasons you have stated. Getting to the bleeder from underneath and in between the coil-over springs is still a PITA but doable for sure. I custom bent a wrench and put it away as a special tool just for that job. It would be impossible to over tighten this from underneath due to not having any leverage. However when first installing them, I was thru the panel behind the seat so I could have over-tightened them for sure.
I have never snapped one yet and I have installed these on my Harley and many of my other vehicles. One of the downfalls of the speed bleeder is the special sealant that comes on the threads wears out after about 10 uses. I purchased a tube from them with my last order. Now that I am thinking about it, I wonder where I put it...sucks getting old!

patrickt 10-02-2016 08:37 AM

GasDoc hasn't updated his build (that I have seen) in almost four months now. Hopefully it, and he, hasn't fallen off the radar....%/

RockBit 10-02-2016 11:03 AM

I was at ERA last week. Both my car (812) and GasDoc's car (813) have yet to come back from the painter. I don't know who owns #814, but it is almost finished. Doug was doing final assembly on it. Peter said it was painted by a guy that used to work for Tony. It looked awesome.

blykins 10-02-2016 12:15 PM

I haven't heard from Alan in a while. Have sent him build pictures over the past few weeks and have updated his engine build thread but have not seen any replies to anything. :confused:

I have to have a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow, but barring any unforeseen issues, I should have his engine buttoned up this week.

patrickt 10-02-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1404987)
I haven't heard from Alan in a while. Have sent him build pictures over the past few weeks and have updated his engine build thread but have not seen any replies to anything. :confused:

Hmmmmm, in my experience, when guys go dark during a high-end build it's because of: 1) a serious health issue; 2) serious financial setbacks; or 3) domestic "untranquility" (which often leads to problems #1 and #2).:(

davids2toys 10-02-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1404989)
Hmmmmm, in my experience, when guys go dark during a high-end build it's because of: 1) a serious health issue; 2) serious financial setbacks; or 3) domestic "untranquility" (which often leads to problems #1 and #2).:(

Yikes, I hope none of those scenarios are happening. This guy is building his life long dream car and it would be a shame if anything F---ed it up:(

Gasdoc 10-25-2016 09:00 AM

Hey guys, just a quick update. I'm alive and all is well. I appreciate the worry but I've been trying not to think about the Cobra for a while since it seems to be stuck in molasses at the paint shop. I spoke with Walt at Connecticut Custom a couple weeks ago and he said they had started on it but would call me when he had an approximate completion date. That sounds a whole lot like Christmas ain't coming early. On the up side, Brent does have the 427 almost finished. If the dyno goes well, he may deliver that to me this weekend. Unfortunately, by the time the car arrives I won't have any more time off until next summer. I was really hoping to have this thing finished so I could drive it next summer. Not looking good....... :(((

Gregg(What's his name)? 10-25-2016 05:50 PM

I am going to ERA in December. I can always go take a peak at your car when I am up there. Spy photos. :D

Gasdoc 01-19-2017 04:37 PM

Hey guys,

I'm soooo stoked! It's on the truck to be delivered..........TOMORROW!!!!! Finally !!!! Suppose to be at my house tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'll try to post a big update tomorrow with lots of pics of the car as well as the awesome 427FE Brent built for me. Stay tuned........

66gtk 01-19-2017 08:27 PM

Great news! Congratulations.

ACHiPo 01-19-2017 08:47 PM

Woooohoooo!!!

Yours Vicariously,
AC
:LOL:

DanEC 01-20-2017 04:05 AM

Your first post on this thread was in June and when I read it's being delivered tomorrow I thought - how the heck did ERA build it that fast. :confused: %/ Then I re-read your post and saw you placed your order in the spring of 2015. No doubt your excitement meter is about redlined. Looking forward to some pictures of the big event.

1795 01-20-2017 06:32 AM

Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations! Hopefully the weather will be kind to you when the engine and transmission install is complete.

Gregg(What's his name)? 01-20-2017 10:26 AM

The car is amazing. I got to see it at the paint shop. I cant wait for mine to get here.