Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   Hi-Tech Cobra's build site (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/87274-hi-tech-cobras-build-site.html)

hi-tech cobra 04-28-2008 07:24 AM

Hi-Tech Cobra's build site

Here's what happened this weekend! Thank you Nick, John and Alex. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate all you help!
Cheers,
John

hi-tech cobra 04-29-2008 04:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the end result from this weekend. How does she look?

COBRANIP 04-29-2008 01:55 PM

Great! But I might be a little biased!
John

Fox 04-29-2008 02:27 PM

She looks good... job well done (doing?).
-John

hi-tech cobra 04-29-2008 02:28 PM

John,
Great job on the welding, grinding and everything else! If you ever get bored, let's pull the engine out and put it back in another 15 times. **)
JB

COBRANIP 04-30-2008 12:53 AM

15? I'm pretty sure it was closer to 20. I do want to talk to you about (engine) alignment for what its worth (...with the hopes we get to pull it out a couple of more times!) I'll call you.
John

hi-tech cobra 04-30-2008 05:13 AM

FOX,
Sent you a PM.

RedCSX1 04-30-2008 06:02 AM

Looks like you have some really good friends! Nice job on the install. Keep us posted.

mickmate 04-30-2008 07:14 PM

Hey John, great job on the slideshow, super capturing of the progress! It was great meeting another couple of devout enthusiasts and getting chance to crawl all over your car. That is really shaping up to be a nice piece. I might have to see about a dedicated couple more days down there at some point when we're ready to make a call on body install, birdcage mods etc. We'll sure keep in touch on that. Hey John (Cobranip) get some pics of your project in your gallery for us. I'd like to see some details of how he did that frame again. Morgan yours is looking sweeeeeeet!

RedCSX1 04-30-2008 08:57 PM

Thanks Mickmate

hi-tech cobra 05-01-2008 09:30 AM

Morgan,
Thanks, it was exciting to finally get some work done on the car and not just talk about it on CC. I'm so glad I did not put a sbf in it.
John

hi-tech cobra 05-09-2008 09:04 AM

More progress

2 Attachment(s)
I cut the tubes off and the body nestled down perfectly. Now I will pull the body off, match the tubes to the door opening of the fiberglass, set it down on the chassis, tack it in place and drink a beer. :LOL:

mickmate 05-09-2008 10:15 AM

It's on, dude that is awesome! Pull out the tube bender and stay after it. I have been using a 1/2" conduit bender for the 3/4" tubes with some good results on the larger radii. I put the bender handle in the vice and bend the tubes by hand in it. Your rear inner fenders are missing ;-)

furvedere 11-27-2009 11:23 AM

Well I'm quite late to the show here...Link's dead...bring it back up!

mickmate 11-28-2009 08:01 PM

Funny I tried it yesterday and was going to give John a nudge about it too.

LMH 11-28-2009 11:06 PM

Not working for me either and I'm drooling wanting to see it!
Larry

COBRANIP 11-28-2009 11:48 PM

John is going thru a rough patch right now so maybe we could cut him some slack for a little while. I am confident that he will be back before too long with his quick wit we all enjoy.

(The "other") John

hi-tech cobra 12-09-2009 06:04 AM

Thanks Cobranip.
Guys, sorry for the commercial break. We will resume the regular scheduled program after this divorce is over.

khansmith 12-09-2009 07:03 AM

So sorry to hear that man. Good luck with the divorce.

mickmate 12-09-2009 08:42 AM

Hey John, good to catch up. Get er done!
Cheers Nick