23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2001, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default FOR SALE: 1964 289 FIA Cobra replica by Unique Motorcars

FOR SALE: 1964 289 FIA Cobra replica by Unique Motorcars. Powered by a 302 Ford with 351W heads, roller rockers, competition cam, performer RPM intake and Holley carb. Tremec 5-speed transmission with original style T-handle shifter. 3.54 posi Jaguar rear end. Carrera adjustable shocks front and rear. Wilwood disc brakes up front and Jaguar disc brakes in the rear. Wheels are by Centerline with ERA inserts and halibrand spinners.

Black leather interior with a competition dash layout, Stewart Warner gauges, Simpson 5pt. seat belts and original style steering wheel, mirrors, latches and emblems. To accommodate larger drivers the dash has been notched and a slightly smaller steering wheel used. Other options include:

- Top and side curtains
- Heater
- Side marker lights
- Wind wings and sun visors
- Aluminum engine compartment and grill panels
- Aluminum radiator
- Dual electric fans
- Remote oil filter
- Battery disconnect switch (truck mounted)
- Drive shaft safety loop

This car is tiled as a 1964 Shelby Cobra (no emission problems). Contact Dan at 1-800-356-0520 M-F 8-4pm for further information. $39,500.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Interior Picture attachment:
Old 06-19-2001, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

One more exterior view:
Old 06-22-2001, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA with Southern Automotive 351 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Wink FIA For SAle

Would you please send me more information on the car and some jpg's of it?

I am looking for an FIA.

Thanks,

Williamt

falcon65@ev1.net
Old 10-16-2001, 09:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Car has been SOLD. This is a car that Jeff Karnitz, his Dad, Ron, and I put together 2 yrs. ago. It has 1,400 miles on it and was bought 'sight unseen' with the exception of pictures via email. We only had two calls on the car. It has been on Club Cobra for quite some period and was advertised in Hemmings Motor News for over two months. The buyer responded to the ad in Hemmings. The market appears to be very soft, even for the rarer FIA, as the car was priced reasonably at $36,500 with virtually no miles on it. The buyer got a good bargain, we feel, as it would probably cost $40,000+ to duplicate the car today.

Last edited by Cal Metal; 10-16-2001 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-18-2001, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Cal, I told you a long time ago to advertise the car as a "289 Cobra built by Cal Metal"--that would have brought 'em in droves, and would not have been an inaccurate statement, either--
Old 10-21-2001, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I live in Norway and consider bying an AC Cobra.
There are not many Cobras in Norway which means I will have to by one abroad.
When bying, say a car, outside Norway, the Norwegian authorities are trying to get
their share and demand an import fee for taking the car into Norway.
In this case, the fee will be around $40.000 US, which means the price doubles.
The only exception is if the car is classified as a vintage car, meaning either
registred first time before 1971 or the car is a 1971 model or older.
This is essential to me since no import fees are paid for vintage cars.
In many advertisments, I see the terms registred, tiled and model.
How do this relate to the model of the car and date of first registration ?
Is it possible to get a copy of the registration papers and possibly other dokuments to
make it easier for me to convince Norwegian authorities that this is a vintage car.
I would realy appreciate if you could send this to me either by fax, email or post.
If so, please answer with name and address and I will if nescessary refound your expences.
If the Norwegian authorities (after an off the record enquiry) approves of the documents, your car
is one of the best prospects I have found, and I might by it.

Fax : +47 67 97 00 10
Email : mona@elkraft.no (wife)
Krokusveien 4
1473 Lørenskog
NORWAY

Regards
Marius Nerbye
Old 10-27-2001, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA 351 W
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Marius, In this country every state has its own laws concerning auto registration. Some are fussy, but many others aren't. Often, if the motor used in a replica was built in 1968, for example, then the car could be registered and titled as if the whole car was built in 1968. When you see ads for Cobras that say they are registered as a 1964, that is probably what is on the title papers. As far as any government authority (at least in the U. S.) is concerned, that car is a 1964 vehicle and is able to be licensed as a vintage automobile. I would think that your country would accept a valid title for a vintage car issued by one of our states, but you would have to verify that. In any event, the vintage registration has many benefits including less restrictive emission standards, lower taxes and cheaper insurance. there may also be some restrictions as to how many miles such a car can be driven annually, but most people don't use these things as daily drivers anyway. Good luck with your quest. I think you will find it a worthwhile effort. -- Allen