26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Superformance for Sale in San Francisco

I'm selling my Superformance now that I have had a chance to bring everything back to it's original condition, if not better...The engine has been strocked and maticulousely built with all the best componants.... You can get all the information you need at

http://windsurf2020.tripod.com/Photo.../cobra2002.htm

Eager to sell, so no reasonable offer refused!

Dan.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

That is a beautiful car, but what does

" . . . now that I have had a chance to bring everything back to it's original condition, if not better..."

mean. What happened to it that it had be brought back?

Mike
Old 04-30-2002, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Dan,

Nice car---looks beautiful. I might be interested. Why are the wheels not the "stock" SPF knock-offs? Mike's question seems fair enough, although I took your comment to mean just cleaning and detailing it...however...I'd be interested in the answer. I'd like to know what size wheels and tires you have on her.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

the early SPF's, like my #156, had a five bolt wheel as standard which was cleverly disguised to look like a knock off with a fiberglass 'disc' covering the five bolt wheel center which was formed like the trigo spoke pattern. the disc was held on by a spinner on a threaded spindel. the 'bolts' do NOT show as they do in many other wheels as they are hidden BEHIND the disc. look at the thumbnail pic he has and blow it up and you will see how realistic it is. my wheels are the same. Trigo true knock off's back then were about a $2400 option as I recall. in fact, last time i checked, you can now get a credit from spf if you delete the true knock off's and go with these simulated wheels. in reality, not very many 'simulated' knock off's exist on early cars as almost all went for the optional real deal wheel upgrade or have since exchanged them for the real deal . and , i am sure today, that very few go for the real deal delete choice. i fool many a cobraphile who do not realize my wheels are not true knock off's, including many spf owners. they usually catch on when they caution me to wire tie my spinners and i say 'dont need to'. you can email me offline and i can send you pictures of the wheels with and without the disc.

now , his other comments...yep, don't know what they refer to !!!

but gotta tell ya, my car was built in 1996 and stands as tall and proud today as the new ones do...the lastinq quality of these cars is superb . sure, running upgrades have been made to the cars as they evolved over time, but almost all of those changes can be done to the early cars. i just turn the key and go and marvel at how well the car has withstood time since it was built and remains new looking. Bill
Old 04-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

I inferred, but failed to mention in my previous post re the 'five bolt wheels' vs 'true knock offs' that at some time (serial # change unknown to me, maybe in the 300 series ?) that true knock off wheels became standard on SPF's as they evolved from owners requests etc re standard vs optional features. SPF running changes are evolutionary and not revolutionary and like current modern day car makers , they continue to improve the breed.

Hence, my reference to the current 'delete credit' for 5 bolt simulated K/O wheels on the newer cars in my prior post. sorry to confuse anyone. Bill
Old 04-30-2002, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Answer to questions...

The reason for my comment about bringing the car back to it's original meant that the original 351 engine was rebuilt & stroked. The original engine put together by the Superformance dealer was not put together very well. In this restoration process I spent almost $10K rebuilding the engine with better parts, professionally, meticulously with absolute care in every step. In doing so, I obviously changed the clutch and for insurance, changed the oil Cooler as well. The rear-end mount was also re-enforced with beefier mount vs. what came with it originally. There was an upgrade kit(suspention) for that model year which has been implemented in the car already.
The car from practical standpoint is back to being new.

The wheel size in the front is:225 60R15
The wheel size in the back is:275 60R15
Current tire is BF goodrich Radial T/A
All the tread is still there....

Hope that helps...

Dan
Old 05-04-2002, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

How much???

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 05-22-2002, 05:27 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Please see my post to Bad Snake and others 5/22/02
Old 05-22-2002, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

???????????????
Old 05-23-2002, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am asking $45 OBO.....don't be shy to make an offer!
Old 05-24-2002, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan,

What exact color is the silver that it is painted?

John
Old 05-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Dan-
What suspension upgrades were done to the car?

Thanks.
Mike
Old 05-24-2002, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The upgrade was to replace a Superformance recalled part (I believe it was a piece of the control arm?), very minor, but done nonetheless...

As for the question on the color....no info!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to JGunn
Not Ranked     

A very nice looking car. THere is something about silver and black on a cobra that is very appealing.
While, then again, any Cobra is very appealing.

I've been hooked since the age of 12.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This one is gone

My car is sold.......End of an era...maybe in the future when I have money to burn I'll buy another one..for now I'm going to nurse my ears!!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Congratulations on your sale. I hope it stayed local. Great looking car.