26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2003, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Purchasing Backdraft cobra

Havng owned street rods, I am new to cobras but interested in purchasing a car. Living in Northern Michigan does limit your availablity but am interested in the Backdraft cobra as it appears to meet a first time owners needs with car construction and features. Any one have a comments good or bad that I should look for before making the plunge? All help is appreciated.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Use the search function here. There are several BDR owners on this board who can comment on them for you.

Happy hunting.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Cobrahopeful,

Welcome to the addiction!

At the risk of sounding like an advertisment, I can honestly say my experience with the BDR people has been great. Like you I didn't have the time or talent to build a car from the ground up. (I do have great respect for those that have gone that route) The turn key minus car was the right way to go for me and Reg, Tony and the rest made it easy for me.

Good luck with making your decision.

Craig
Old 08-10-2003, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good choice!
If you do a search, we discussed the Backdraft just a couple of weeks ago.
I will answer any questions I can about the Car.
Bud
Old 08-10-2003, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft - 351W and AOD
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the world of Cobras - I purchased a Backdraft a couple of months ago and it arrived last week. I would be happy to share my experiences and like most of the time in the beginning the jury is still out. The car was delivered with some missing parts as well as parts that needed to be replaced. I am disappointed with the documentation or lack --

I have written to both the Dealer that i purchased the BDR from - he agrees with the issues - I have also written to Reg in Florida as some of the issues seem beyond a dealer topic. I have not heard from either about when the items will be fixed - it has been a few days.

I am hoping that all will be corrected and quickly and I too will be in the line of Backdraft supporters - but right now, they have my money and i don't have the product that as it was advertised.

Because i am optomistic that the issues will be fixed quickly I would rather not go into the details - just yet - stay in touch -

jim
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to all that have responded to my note. I quess I seem to read and hear negative comments on all cars. As Backdraft is new appreciate everyones help. Am to get quote today from Michigan rep on completed car that he has at shop. Seems like a great guy to deal with so that does help the decision.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Harley,
I am truely sorry to hear about your less than total and complete satisfaction with your new Backdraft. I can understand your disappointments after waiting a fair amount of time for the car and spending a very sizable amount of money, to then receive it and encounter the kind of problems you indicated.

Please keep us posted on your problems and how they are resolved. I think I can safety speak for myself and the other Backdraft owners here, when I state that we are all sincerely concerned that you are totally and overwhelmingly satisfied with your car in the end.

There are a steadly growing number of Backdraft owners here. Myself, like other owners have had nothing but praise for the car and the organization. I sincerely hope that the quallity of the car and the great service we have boasted about has not diminished. It was and shall remain the backbone for the success of this Car and Franchise in a very competitive market place.

George Snyder
Old 08-11-2003, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft - 351W and AOD
Not Ranked     

I am still optimistic that everything will work out. While I have not heard from the dealer that I purchased the BDR from, I have been in touch with Reg. He understands the issues and has offered to help the dealer to quickly correct the problems, in fact today I told him a couple of the parts were more urgent and holding me up and some of the others could wait – Reg offered to ship the parts directly to the house rather than via the dealer.

I think (hope) all of this will be cleared up in a couple of weeks and a few months from now I won’t even remember it. I hope this is just a case of growing pains – but I would agree with you 100%, the success of a company is customer service and of course a great product – you can’t be successful without both. Part of the reason that I purchased a Backdraft was the glowing chatter on the product and the company –

I will post a list of the issues – there are about a dozen – and how they are resolved and how long it took to correct at the start of next week – that would be the point where I have had the BDR for two weeks.

To anyone reading this and contemplating a Backdraft – I would not take these comments as negative – only as a status of the delivery of a product and the process of closing the final issues. The real test of good companies is how responsive they are to customers. If you were to ask me if i was to purchase again would it be the BDR and my answer would be yes - but i am assuming that everything will be closed in the next couple of weeks.

jim